1 minute ago, VABOSSFAN said:

It's code.

Well, I do think Eileen made an excellent choice! 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

11 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Well, I do think Eileen made an excellent choice! 

Is the avatar not the same? It is for me.

• Love Love Love! 1

4 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I asked but actually conversed it over with PRR and decided I'd stay with my boring ole name - she got my message too late and did it anyway!

She said I'm stuck with it for nine months.  We shall see if I ask for early delivery.

If it weren't for the same avatar of Leonard Cohen picking his teeth I woulda thought this was Kay!

Have always thought this was one of the best songs on Devils and Dust. I listen to it regularly, along with Black Cowboys, Leah and Maria's Bed.

The sound seems fine to me on the album version.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

24 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

Hilarious, did I start a trend?

Blame Silvia, she gave me the idea!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I needed a kick up the backside with regard to this place … a few changes being made, name's one of them. I had to nab this one before somebody else did.  I had a right laugh at yours this morning … still don't know if you were serious or not about it … and thought why not? :)

It’s a beautiful song anyway and then he changes “his mother” to “a mother” and the song becomes universal.

”A mother” relates to all of us not just Christ. He makes the pain about every parent’s love, longing and hope for their child. 

It breaks my heart every time and has seriously changed my relationship with my God. That sounds overly dramatic and pretentious but I listen to it on Good Friday going to the 2:00 service and it is more spiritually moving than what happens in church.

I talked to my son about my love for this song and he just hugged me and then left the room - I think he was snivelling - but he is a soft lump and a Bruce fan;)

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 3

Think I said this elsewhere so excuse the repeating, but I did ask PRR and we talked about the upside of keeping my name - then the devlish one went and changed my name anyway but we had a little laugh about it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

I think your grin is wider.

This is all very unsettling, E! :unsure:

• Haha 1

Oh, and when I was trying to sign in late last night while having a bit of insomnia I couldn't figure out why the computer wasn't taking my information - name and password.  Then I tried Pregnant Sally and viola!

• Like 1

Just now, Pregnant Sally said:

Oh, and when I was trying to sign in late last night while having a bit of insomnia I couldn't figure out why the computer wasn't taking my information - name and password.  Then I tried Pregnant Sally and viola!

Same with me, earlier.  I'd asked for the name to be changed then went off to do other things … came back but couldn't get in - then it dawned on me. The deed had been done.

Fabulous song....so moving. When he played it in concert at the Point Theatre Dublin Devils and Dust show in 2005 it was one of the best moments I have ever experienced at a Bruce gig.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bettertohaveloved said:

Yes, that’s how I knew it was you!  Love the new screen name.  Kay’s as well.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mariasbed said:

Have always thought this was one of the best songs on Devils and Dust. I listen to it regularly, along with Black Cowboys, Leah and Maria's Bed.

The sound seems fine to me on the album version.

I do love most of D & D; but Maria’s Bed, Leah, All The Way Home, and Long Time Comin’ are the ones I listen to very regularly.  

Sound seems fine to me as well.  

• Like 1

If I am having a shitty day and need a lift, Long Time Comin' does it for me every time. Always makes me smile.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2

9 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I have always been unhappy with just using my really, extremely boring, real name here, so thanks Silvia for suggesting the changes. I really didn't think you could change it, but it seems I can.

In real life, I wish I had kept my maiden name, but nobody did that back in 1973!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

In real life, I wish I had kept my maiden name, but nobody did that back in 1973!

I've had a couple of other surnames but when Kate turned 18 I changed it back. So happy to have the 'family' name again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

I've had a couple of other surnames but when Kate turned 18 I changed it back. So happy to have the 'family' name again.

If Mr J and I were not still together, I would have reverted, but I don't think he would like it and it's too late now. My sister reverted when she separated from my b-in-law, so at least one of us still has it. No children in this country though - 3 boys in America, so it will not die out I hope. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Mr J

Is Mr. J aware that his name is about to change.

I wonder what it's gonna be.

Mr. Make Up Girl? Mr. Chihuahua? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Is Mr. J aware that his name is about to change.

I wonder what it's gonna be.

Mr. Make Up Girl? Mr. Chihuahua? 

I hadn't thought about that... Although I've just realised I quite like what it will be...

Well, don't spoil the big coming out for us, lady.

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2019 at 7:43 PM, Silvia said:

@Pregnant Sally

I didn't seriously think this was possible. Congrats!

don't even think about it my dear

and are we still allowed to call @bettertohaveloved Aunty or Eileen or are first names of limits ?

im not at all happy about Mr J as in @Ann Jones 's hubby having to change his name

im not happy at all with all these changes (3 peeps ;))

im very confussed

don't think im changing my name to Ford or Honda or Subaru 

i like Ann Jones as a name

its to the point 

uncomplicated

like James Bond

• Like 1
  • Haha 1