Greasy Lake Community

Great opportunity for one Laker plus family/friends - WINNER FOUND!!!

It's actually very good sometimes - depends what the subject is. Hahaha, Bruce IS very good by the way.

When Alex comes back, normal service will be resumed. That lass on at the moment doesn't do the show any favours - she's too busy promoting herself to care about the guests. imho.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And the winner is.... whispered secret formerly Ann Jones!!! Congratulations! I will contact you privately to work out the details.

That was the deal I made with BBC: only send authentic, good-looking Springsteen fans. I think I succeeded.

Posted Images

A friend of mine who does sometimes watch said this was a very poor episode - too disjointed! She is by no means a Bruce fan but said she thought there was enough there of interest to have had a much longer segment about the film and Safraz' story. 

(Is my apostrophe correct;)?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, whispered secret said:

A friend of mine who does sometimes watch said this was a very poor episode - too disjointed! She is by no means a Bruce fan but said she thought there was enough there of interest to have had a much longer segment about the film and Safraz' story. 

(Is my apostrophe correct;)?)

That's where I'd have put it. :D

• Haha 2

I thought Sarfraz made a good point about Bruce licensing the songs for 'free'. The cost of one song in a movie varies, apparently, but $35,000 is a low figure. There are 19 (?) Bruce songs in that movie. Do the mathematics.  Would they have attempted the movie if they had to pay for all the songs?  Would it be a worse movie without them? 

Free usage? Yep. But huge exposure for his back catalogue and royalties from the soundtrack. "Nobody wins unless everybody wins."

I enjoyed the segment, myself. Though Sarfraz could have let the young lad get a word in.

• Like 7
36 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I thought Sarfraz made a good point about Bruce licensing the songs for 'free'. The cost of one song in a movie varies, apparently, but $35,000 is a low figure. There are 19 (?) Bruce songs in that movie. Do the mathematics.  Would they have attempted the movie if they had to pay for all the songs?  Would it be a worse movie without them? 

Free usage? Yep. But huge exposure for his back catalogue and royalties from the soundtrack. "Nobody wins unless everybody wins."

I enjoyed the segment, myself. Though Sarfraz could have let the young lad get a word in.

that's fasinating 

and still nice of Bruce not to charge

3 hours ago, shirlsdins said:

The girl who was looking after us asked after the show if we would like to be put on their mailing list to attend more one show recordings.

No one spoke :D

I don't know why they bother to have an "audience" if they are just made to stand in the doorway as if they're eavesdropping. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not sure what people were expecting from this show. I watch it from time to time and last  night's show followed the normal format. The piece about the Scottish lasses winning their legal battle with the suits was brilliantly heart warming. 

Did people feel Bruce was slighted or disrespected because BBTL was squeezed into ten minutes at the end?

2 hours ago, bettertohaveloved said:

That lass on at the moment doesn't do the show any favours - she's too busy promoting herself to care about the guests. imho.

If there had been an 14 year old columbian with a bag of cocaine and an ak47 Stacey Dooley would have been over him like a rash!!!!!:D

• Like 1

Sarfraz was on the Lorraine show this morning promoting the film, no G/L's behind him this time. He said each time his daughter sees a poster advertising the film on the underground she takes a selfie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Thunder Roadie said:

If there had been an 14 year old columbian with a bag of cocaine and an ak47 Stacey Dooley would have been over him like a rash!!!!!:D

:)

She's a bit marmite, and maybe presenting  a show like The One show isn't playing to her strengths, but I like the documentaries that she's made.  She's put herself into some dark underbelly situations in the past,  in pursuit of some journalistic truths.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

I'm not sure what people were expecting from this show. I watch it from time to time and last  night's show followed the normal format. The piece about the Scottish lasses winning their legal battle with the suits was brilliantly heart warming. 

Did people feel Bruce was slighted or disrespected because BBTL was squeezed into ten minutes at the end?

I had never previously watched the show, so I did not know what to expect. I had, wrongly, assumed that the whole show would be about the film. I don't feel Bruce was disrespected, I just thought the interview with Safraz was rushed and the film justified more time. However, if that's the format the show works to then fair enough.

Nothing I saw last night will make me tune in again. I am pleased I went but meeting up with fellow Lakers was the highlight.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Bruce will get royalities from the soundtrack?

As composer and artist for the bulk of the soundtrack album, he should be able to keep Jessica in hay for a while.

Well, the horses, not Jessica herself!

• Haha 3