CosmicKid

Great opportunity for one Laker plus family/friends - WINNER FOUND!!!

Recommended Posts

It's actually very good sometimes - depends what the subject is. Hahaha, Bruce IS very good by the way.

When Alex comes back, normal service will be resumed. That lass on at the moment doesn't do the show any favours - she's too busy promoting herself to care about the guests. imho.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another by the way … I voted for her on Strictly and that had a lot to do with her personality. Just not good on this show. Too in your face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine who does sometimes watch said this was a very poor episode - too disjointed! She is by no means a Bruce fan but said she thought there was enough there of interest to have had a much longer segment about the film and Safraz' story. 

(Is my apostrophe correct;)?)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still a pretty cool experience

and you got to met Safraz

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whispered secret said:

A friend of mine who does sometimes watch said this was a very poor episode - too disjointed! She is by no means a Bruce fan but said she thought there was enough there of interest to have had a much longer segment about the film and Safraz' story. 

(Is my apostrophe correct;)?)

That's where I'd have put it. :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

That's why i didn't go :D

What you don't have in good looks, you more than make up for in authenticity.

  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Sarfraz made a good point about Bruce licensing the songs for 'free'. The cost of one song in a movie varies, apparently, but $35,000 is a low figure. There are 19 (?) Bruce songs in that movie. Do the mathematics.  Would they have attempted the movie if they had to pay for all the songs?  Would it be a worse movie without them? 

Free usage? Yep. But huge exposure for his back catalogue and royalties from the soundtrack. "Nobody wins unless everybody wins."

I enjoyed the segment, myself. Though Sarfraz could have let the young lad get a word in.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the lad really ended up liking Bruce's music? The film's about Sarfraz so fair enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I thought Sarfraz made a good point about Bruce licensing the songs for 'free'. The cost of one song in a movie varies, apparently, but $35,000 is a low figure. There are 19 (?) Bruce songs in that movie. Do the mathematics.  Would they have attempted the movie if they had to pay for all the songs?  Would it be a worse movie without them? 

Free usage? Yep. But huge exposure for his back catalogue and royalties from the soundtrack. "Nobody wins unless everybody wins."

I enjoyed the segment, myself. Though Sarfraz could have let the young lad get a word in.

that's fasinating 

and still nice of Bruce not to charge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shirlsdins said:

The girl who was looking after us asked after the show if we would like to be put on their mailing list to attend more one show recordings.

No one spoke :D

I don't know why they bother to have an "audience" if they are just made to stand in the doorway as if they're eavesdropping. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what people were expecting from this show. I watch it from time to time and last  night's show followed the normal format. The piece about the Scottish lasses winning their legal battle with the suits was brilliantly heart warming. 

Did people feel Bruce was slighted or disrespected because BBTL was squeezed into ten minutes at the end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bettertohaveloved said:

That lass on at the moment doesn't do the show any favours - she's too busy promoting herself to care about the guests. imho.

If there had been an 14 year old columbian with a bag of cocaine and an ak47 Stacey Dooley would have been over him like a rash!!!!!:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

What you don't have in good looks, you more than make up for in authenticity.

If I remember correctly from the Bruce "meet and greet", (the only time I saw a picture of him) @newcastle roy is not only handsome but a really cool bloke -_-

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Sarfraz was on the Lorraine show this morning promoting the film, no G/L's behind him this time. He said each time his daughter sees a poster advertising the film on the underground she takes a selfie.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, merlin said:

British Lakers are the Best!!!

:ph34r:

Rachel told me to post that!

:o

Having personally met Rachel and Ann, I wholeheartedly agree!  :D 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce will get royalities from the soundtrack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thunder Roadie said:

If there had been an 14 year old columbian with a bag of cocaine and an ak47 Stacey Dooley would have been over him like a rash!!!!!:D

:)

She's a bit marmite, and maybe presenting  a show like The One show isn't playing to her strengths, but I like the documentaries that she's made.  She's put herself into some dark underbelly situations in the past,  in pursuit of some journalistic truths.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

I'm not sure what people were expecting from this show. I watch it from time to time and last  night's show followed the normal format. The piece about the Scottish lasses winning their legal battle with the suits was brilliantly heart warming. 

Did people feel Bruce was slighted or disrespected because BBTL was squeezed into ten minutes at the end?

I had never previously watched the show, so I did not know what to expect. I had, wrongly, assumed that the whole show would be about the film. I don't feel Bruce was disrespected, I just thought the interview with Safraz was rushed and the film justified more time. However, if that's the format the show works to then fair enough.

Nothing I saw last night will make me tune in again. I am pleased I went but meeting up with fellow Lakers was the highlight.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is Jurgen Klopp doing there ... behind the woman in the hospital gown?

and it looks like everyone else is surrounding Rachel as if they are her bodyguards

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand why anyone unfamiliar with the show might have expected more, but the show is light entertainment with a capital 'light'.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Bruce will get royalities from the soundtrack?

As composer and artist for the bulk of the soundtrack album, he should be able to keep Jessica in hay for a while.

Well, the horses, not Jessica herself!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LONDONCALLING said:

Aww Thanks :mellow:

It was very poor and, as a first intro to it, I doubt I’ll watch any episodes I am not in :D

Not the Lakers.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.