Sign in to follow this  
Thunder Roadie

The Rugby World Cup 2019 Thread

Recommended Posts

this is getting very close 

unnamed.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my wall chart ready

  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 days to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardly think South Africa are massive underdogs given their recent history with the All Blacks.  Whatever the result these two teams could easily meet in the final as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure who will play England in the final;) just hope it's not too close. The cricket world cup near killed me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, merlin said:

I'm not sure who will play England in the final;) just hope it's not too close. The cricket world cup near killed me.

it did kill us :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

an interesting article 

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby-world-cup/rwc-2019-japan/115971561/rugby-world-cup-how-the-1987-tournament-was-almost-cancelled

as much fun as it is beating Australia and South Africa ive always thought it was the teams up top that its absolutly essential to beat at all cost 

my favourite northern opposition is France 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, merlin said:

I'm not sure who will play England in the final;) just hope it's not too close. The cricket world cup near killed me.

Don't worry, if the All Blacks play England in the final it won't be close...B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

an interesting article 

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby-world-cup/rwc-2019-japan/115971561/rugby-world-cup-how-the-1987-tournament-was-almost-cancelled

as much fun as it is beating Australia and South Africa ive always thought it was the teams up top that its absolutly essential to beat at all cost 

my favourite northern opposition is France 

I live in Australia. Please don't let Aussie win!  In fact, please don't let the Aussies, South Africans or English win...  If we don't win (and for the record, I don't think we will) I hope it's Wales.  It won't be, of course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I live in Australia. Please don't let Aussie win!  In fact, please don't let the Aussies, South Africans or English win...  If we don't win (and for the record, I don't think we will) I hope it's Wales.  It won't be, of course.

so an All Black Welsh final for you then 

where is Andrew @AMIW

i don't know if he watches oval football ?

 

 

downloadfile-64.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

so an All Black Welsh final for you then 

where is Andrew @AMIW

i don't know if he watches oval football ?

 

 

downloadfile-64.jpg

All Blacks v Wales would be great. Two small countries where rugby is number one. Not to mention, I'd be pretty confident the ABs would win! 

  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 can we have this thread pinned please  4 weeks every 4 years is all we ask please 

@JudgeBrown

 

the Eagles are due to play England in their pool match 

https://internal.usarugby.org/2019/09/usa-mens-national-team-announce-31-player-squad-for-rugby-world-cup-japan-2019/

 

RWC-Team-Announcement-Graphic.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just about to watch the opening match

on delayed coverage on free to air tv

just as well i couldn't afford to pay for it because with a day to go the wallies who are our home internet provider whome won the tv coverage rights   are not guaranteeing coverage to people who have paid for it

wankers :angry:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12269485

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good first match. I'm not getting up at 04.00 UK time for the next one !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, robk1 said:

Good first match. I'm not getting up at 04.00 UK time for the next one !

i had to go to bed 

watching a delayed match on a plus one channel was just getting too late

but the opening ceremony was quite nice - just the right length 

im glad Japan beat Russia after a shaky start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I know why so many people were wearing Springbok shirts yesterday... :D

 

#beensobusyatworki'mslightlybehindthetimes

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveJhb said:

Now I know why so many people were wearing Springbok shirts yesterday... :D

 

#beensobusyatworki'mslightlybehindthetimes

 

all-blacks-squad-announced.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh bugga los Pumas got robbed by that French drop goal 

and so far 1 from 1 for the All Blacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im a bit disapointed some modern Springboks fans don't respect the tradition of the Haka

when i was there in 91/92 we had to do the All Black haka everywhere we went ! 

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby-world-cup/rwc-2019-japan/115988283/rugby-world-cup-why-all-blacks-captain-kieran-read-helped-lead-the-haka

 

1569106955935.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love watching the haka or any of it's South Sea Island versions but I don't know why the opposition are obliged to front up to it.

I best liked David Campese's reaction to it when he ignored it & just did a few training drills behind the posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ninethumbs said:

I love watching the haka or any of it's South Sea Island versions but I don't know why the opposition are obliged to front up to it.

I best liked David Campese's reaction to it when he ignored it & just did a few training drills behind the posts.

i think its just tradition 

When the Queen or visiting dignitories or even big names from pop culture visit they all get one 

its not necessarily a war dance as more of a respectful welcomd...although in the All Blacks case it is a war dance ! 

your right - its entertaining to see the oppositions reaction but i dpnt like when the crowd jeers (anyone) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this