Sign in to follow this  
Thunder Roadie

The Rugby World Cup 2019 Thread

19 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Great stuff from Scotland this morning, sets up Sunday nicely, if they keep their discipline on Sunday they have a superb chance.

Ans wasn`t it great to see Princess Anne belting out Flower of Scotland.

Scotland could be out without kicking /handling another ball, Typhoon Hagibis ( pronounced  Haggis :lol:) could see to that. 

Princess Anne should start to belt out "Waiting On A Sunny Day" now :D

• Haha 1

the wheather does not look good

seems crap on someone's part these games can't be postponed rather than a 0 0 drawer

England winning group because of weather.  The game against France would have been strange both team trying to lose game to get in easier half of draw.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

the wheather does not look good

seems crap on someone's part these games can't be postponed rather than a 0 0 drawer

Yep, thay should decide them on boundaries :D

NZ Italy also cancelled. Scotland Japan in doubt.

• Haha 1

Cannot help by notice that there is quite a resemblance to 1966 here, lets look at the matches for Japan :-

Japan v Ireland.....Japan 7 rest days, Ireland 5 rest days

Japan v Samoa......Japan 7 rest days Samoa 5 rest days

Japan v Scotland....8 (yes 8) rest days Scotland 4 (yes only 4) rest days.

Just as well our reserves did the job v Russia.

14 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Cannot help by notice that there is quite a resemblance to 1966 here, lets look at the matches for Japan :-

Japan v Ireland.....Japan 7 rest days, Ireland 5 rest days

Japan v Samoa......Japan 7 rest days Samoa 5 rest days

Japan v Scotland....8 (yes 8) rest days Scotland 4 (yes only 4) rest days.

Just as well our reserves did the job v Russia.

rugby players would get too tired to play cricket :lol:

you know its not like rugby is tennis, i don't understand why they can't shift venues

i don't blame Scotland bring upset

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby-world-cup/rwc-2019-japan/116499281/scotland-threatens-legal-action-to-get-japan-match-played-at-rugby-world-cup

On 10/9/2019 at 9:03 PM, robk1 said:

Just watched Wales v Fiji for second time. Great match for a neutral rugby fan I'd say, but TMOs a bit long.

Heck of a game. Well Wales have been in 2  of the best 4 matches inthe tournament so far not bad, and we won both.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 7:56 AM, thomam said:

Yep, thay should decide them on boundaries :D

NZ Italy also cancelled. Scotland Japan in doubt.

Parisse is pissed, and rightly so, it was his swan song, but not as pissed as the Scots! Boy that would be bad luck.... fate against them for 2 consecutive worl cups!

• Like 2

Fantastic game and Japan deserved to win and go through, at least the match was played and we were not cheated out of a possible semi-final place. like four years ago, but not good that the Calcutta Cup holders since 2017 are no longer in the tournament.

Scotland gave themselves too much to do in the 2nd half and Japan hung in there to get their deserved win. Some of the handling and movement by Japan in the first half was great to watch, however far too often in that half the first tackle did not put the opponent down, against the likes of New Zealand that will not happen and Japn will find it much harder, good luck to them and I would not be sad if they went on to win the tournament.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Fantastic game and Japan deserved to win and go through, at least the match was played and we were not cheated out of a possible semi-final place. like four years ago, but not good that the Calcutta Cup holders since 2017 are no longer in the tournament.

Scotland gave themselves too much to do in the 2nd half and Japan hung in there to get their deserved win. Some of the handling and movement by Japan in the first half was great to watch, however far too often in that half the first tackle did not put the opponent down, against the likes of New Zealand that will not happen and Japn will find it much harder, good luck to them and I would not be sad if they went on to win the tournament.

Yeah.....great game.

Fantastic match indeed. Japan is a remarkable team and deserved to go through, but Scotland really played their heart out in the 2nd half. They leave the competition in the most honorable way.

3 hours ago, Frank said:

Fantastic match indeed. Japan is a remarkable team and deserved to go through, but Scotland really played their heart out in the 2nd half. They leave the competition in the most honorable way.

its very nice to see you here with the rugby Frank 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frank said:

That's true, although a small part of me wanted to see the faces of the Scottish Rugby Board if the game had finished as a draw, 28-28, and they'd gone out exactly the same way as if the game had been cancelled.  Blathering on about legal challenges when Japan is dealing with a deadly typhoon - I hope they now realise just how out of tune their attitude was.

But geez, Japan played well in that first half.  The rumour is that whoever gets the NZ coaching gig next they want Tony Brown as their backs coach and I can see why. The way they played that half with pace and flair was something to behold. Even NZ, South Africa or England would have struggled in that opening 40 minutes.

8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

its very nice to see you here with the rugby Frank 

Thank you, you're very kind.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 12:54 PM, Growin' Up said:

Scotland are wishing the game had been cancelled now...

...along with the Rugby World Cup in 2003 the Cricket World Cup this year and the 1966 World Cup :D

4 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

...along with the Rugby World Cup in 2003 the Cricket World Cup this year and the 1966 World Cup :D

finally i worked out 1966 is about the round ball football

i had no idea the South American teams were refereed so baddly 

:angry:

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Go Aussies Go.....

Correct..Aussies Go...Go home :lol:

Once again it's time to say

ENGLAND are World Cup Semi Finalists ! 

• Like 1

The better team on the night won the game, but they did not have to play very well to do so, Aussies were VERY disappointing, their kicking game was dire and too many handling errors gifted points. Good luck to NZ or Ireland in the semi final.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2