Sign in to follow this  
Thunder Roadie

The Rugby World Cup 2019 Thread

well tonight NZ vs England

but to tell you the truth i can't concentrate because all i can think of is Western stars and i love Bruce Springsteen more than the All Blacks 

england the best team in the first half and probably should be further ahead, their number 4 is POTM so far and the coach has got his tactics spot on, thought NZ players looked nervous during the national anthem, england conceded 30 points at home in the second half of the Calcutta Cup match earlier this year...just saying.

• Like 1

Telly's off, I'm washing the dishes.

Can't stand it! :D

I reckon England will win the Rugby WC now....beating the All Blacks is massive.

What a magnificent performance for England. Personally I would have wished for All Blacks to reach the final, but the All Blacks played in white today. This would have made for an incredible final act.

1 minute ago, MacBruce said:

I reckon England will win the Rugby WC now....beating the All Blacks is massive.

No no no. We need Dr Bogey to tell everyone that we're doomed!

• Haha 3

Deserved win, No.4 was immense the whole match the coach deserves great credit his tactics were spot on and NZ were tied up the whole match, despite scoring a gifted try NZ never once got near the try line the whole game, when before have you ever been able to say that. Competition now a shoe in for england and they are sure to win it.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Deserved win, No.4 was immense the whole match the coach deserves great credit his tactics were spot on and NZ were tied up the whole match, despite scoring a gifted try NZ never once got near the try line the whole game, when before have you ever been able to say that. Competition now a shoe in for england and they are sure to win it.

Ahhh - reverse psychology, eh?

Won't work. Hahaha!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Can't say I understand the finer points of rugby, but I really enjoyed that. I hope Wales win tomorrow. 

I'm the same. I've never been a fan of the game, but I have enjoyed a couple of games during this WC and England v New Zealand was tremendous. Hope Wales win as well...however I have South Africa to win the WC in the sweep at work so I will be pleased either way !

on behalf of all of NZ

i don't feel well

lucky i have this 

nobody wins inless every body wins

Western-Stars_Movie-Key-Art-700x1037.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

I'm the same. I've never been a fan of the game, but I have enjoyed a couple of games during this WC and England v New Zealand was tremendous. Hope Wales win as well...however I have South Africa to win the WC in the sweep at work so I will be pleased either way !

Obviously, I would like to see England and Wales in the Final but crikey … my Welsh mates on FB will be unbearable! We win, I'm happy, then it's forgotten. They win and the gloating will be AAAARRRGGGHHH! :D

7 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Ahhh - reverse psychology, eh?

Won't work. Hahaha!

I`m confused now, I do not know which of your posts to believe

Wow. Just about calmed down from being a gibbering wreck for 2 hours. That was sensational rugby from England - can't remember the last time we played so well against anyone, let alone the All-Blacks.

3 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

I`m confused now, I do not know which of your posts to believe

You can't stand England - in my opinion - and would never countenance a victory for us. We'll see what you're saying if Wales get through particularly.

And that's ok. Well, it has to be. :)

my new team/country 

Springboks.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

8 minutes ago, Eileen said:

You can't stand England - in my opinion - and would never countenance a victory for us. We'll see what you're saying if Wales get through particularly.

And that's ok. Well, it has to be. :)

Well you certainly covered your bases there, and I have to add that the Welsh ref was superb today.

• Like 1

the most important thing is for the cup to remain in the southern hemisphere because the IRB always have the best interests of the home nations as priority 

• Like 1

I have the most delightful Welsh friend, Sid, who is well into his nineties. He loves his rugby, so I will be really hoping for an England v Wales final. 

• Like 1