Greasy Lake Community

On 7/20/2019 at 8:33 PM, Brown Eyed Boy said:

Anyone watching this? I think it’s one of the best things I’ve ever watched. Right up there with The Sopranos, The Wire and Breaking Bad.

0F6FEA08-45A9-4E73-A71E-BE234849DD45.jpeg

I've watched each series as they've come out.

Ross Kemp did a documentary on the out of town housing estate(Le Vele) they used and it's just like it is in the series.

On 7/23/2019 at 11:44 PM, Flea said:

Is this in any way based on the film from 10 years or so ago about the Naples crime syndicate?

It’s definitely about a Naples crime syndicate but the TV series is entirely independent of the film, and in my opinion, very much better. 

Just finished season 4.

9 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Looks like a show I'd really enjoy but I cannot for the life of me do the language dub thing.  Irritates me to no end.

It's dubbed in the US/Canada? I'd forgotten that most Americans/Canadians don't like subtitles. Here it's in it's original form with English subtitles.

On 7/25/2019 at 4:31 PM, Pregnant Sally said:

Looks like a show I'd really enjoy but I cannot for the life of me do the language dub thing.  Irritates me to no end.

Ditto.  I refuse to watch a foreign film or series  unless it's subtitled.  Only lazy uninquisitive people dig dubbing.*

*Edited to say:  blind folks get a pass here.  On the other hand, if you're blind, go to a live concert, NOT a movie!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've just started watching Zero Zero Zero on Sky by the same writer as Gommorrah, the story  follows the drug trade from Mexico to Italy and includes USA, Morocco and Senegal. Straight into it, it seems very good.