WKE066

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

21 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I too almost never go to the cinema, once a year at most, but I've been looking and looking for a local showing and can't freakin' find one.  I saw something that too may have been a "one off" but I thought this film was being released like a normal movie, not just in select theatres. 

I'm starting to get annoyed.  I mean, I don't necessarily need to see it stat but I'd prefer it on big screen as opposed to my own tv and speakers.  

It is certainly on general release here. I hope you find a screening, it's such a fun film.

• Like 1

There was one bit which made me smile, when he says there is just him and her and she replies 'and Bruce' -Mr J said, 'I know what that's like!' He loved the film too though, bless him.:wub:

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1

Just got home. Loved it. May have to go again.worth seeing it in the cinema for the wonderful sound of the songs.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2

27 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

It is certainly on general release here. I hope you find a screening, it's such a fun film.

I'd be shocked if not same here, not sure what's up.  If Springsteen & I got more viewings than a one off, I'd hope this would.  

Still a few days away so I'll keep looking.  

1 minute ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I'd be shocked if not same here, not sure what's up.  If Springsteen & I got more viewings than a one off, I'd hope this would.  

Still a few days away so I'll keep looking.  

Here is ‘select’ one off on Monday; opens for real on the 16th.  

Hope it’s something along those lines for you. 

Hoping to see it next week sometime. Reviews have generally been very good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacBruce said:

Hoping to see it next week sometime. Reviews have generally been very good.

Pretty much all the reviews I’ve read on twitter and insta have been excellent!  

4 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I (almost) never go to the cinema. But it seems there is a one off showing at Wetherby Film Theatre next Friday night.

At the moment I'm the only person to have booked!

id go with you 

ive seen a few movies in practically empty movie theaters

its great

i waited what seemed like 2 years for 20 feet from stardom-ok maybe a doco is a bit different

it got one showing during a doco festiville at an art house cinema and i may have been the only Bruce fan there but it was amazing to see him and Darlene Love on the big screen

its been on telly about 5 times since 

i still watch it even though i own it on dvd

lots of people ive recommended it to don't even like it 

Springsteen and I got 1 (maybe ? ) showing at an old fashioned big picture theatre in Wellington but it just didnt interest me and ive seen it since and im glad i didn't pay for it

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Here is ‘select’ one off on Monday; opens for real on the 16th.  

Hope it’s something along those lines for you. 

As it turns out, think it is in fact that way here too.  I'm getting the 14th for a showing then official release the 16th at landmark cinema.

Woot!  

I don't like checking for movies on their sites, they're not user friendly I normally find.  Am old school and prefer to call so I don't fuck anything up when I choose the movie if I'm going with another.  

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I'm not going to see this

no way 'am i going to the pictures on me todd :D

4 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

There were a few single blokes yesterday. Be brave!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Just think if you had the cinema to yourself, you could sing along at the top of your voice.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jmw said:

Just think if you had the cinema to yourself, you could sing along at the top of your voice.

the ushers would still complain about me ! 

• Like 1

About 25 people at our screening & seemed to be enjoyed by all. Most were over 50 but we were at the 3:30pm showing. It’s on for 3 showings every day at our cinema.

Surprised how well the songs had been worked into the narrative after seeing a few negative reviews. Inspired idea to add the lyrics on screen. Loved all the 80’s references, those huge Sony Walkmans that we thought were so tiny at the time!

Shared a moment with my friend when Asbury Park Station came on screen as that was how we first arrived at Asbury Park many years ago when it really was almost derelict but so atmospheric.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

19 hours ago, BruceWho said:

From the author (horse's) mouth today on twitter!! 

Little request- if you watch #BlindedByTheLightMovie and enjoy it could you spread the word however you see fit? This is a low budget British indie with no stars and the only way films like this will survive in the cinema is if folks support them. Thank you.

'No stars' !!  There are at least a couple of veterans in that film that may take offence at that.

:lol:

5 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Northern softie.

:lol:

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Lesley said:

About 25 people at our screening & seemed to be enjoyed by all. Most were over 50 but we were at the 3:30pm showing. It’s on for 3 showings every day at our cinema.

Surprised how well the songs had been worked into the narrative after seeing a few negative reviews. Inspired idea to add the lyrics on screen. Loved all the 80’s references, those huge Sony Walkmans that we thought were so tiny at the time!

Shared a moment with my friend when Asbury Park Station came on screen as that was how we first arrived at Asbury Park many years ago when it really was almost derelict but so atmospheric.

Mr J and I both thought the lyrics on the screen worked really well. It is all well and good for people like us who already know the words, but for the average cinema going public, this will help them to get what the characters in the film are feeling.

I had a few 'moments'!

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

And a bonus - a trailer for the new Downton film!!!

Unfortunately we only had trailers for all the holiday kiddies film. They obviously hadn’t checked the audience demographic!

• Haha 2

There's a bit in the Trailer where he arrives in America for the first time and is met by a friendly, amiable Immigration Officer.

That is as unrealistic as it is possible to get!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

There's a bit in the Trailer where he arrives in America for the first time and is met by a friendly, amiable Immigration Officer.

so very true i think they get lessons from jack dee

16 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Nope - I had a very similar experience. Flying from Toronto to Newark so you do all the border control in Toronto. Border man asked me what was happening in NJ, to which I replied 'I'm going to see Bruce Springsteen' border guy grins, stamps passport, hands it me back and says 'have a great time'. Mr J follows, 'I'm with her' he smiles and waves him through too.

Quickest I have ever got through.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

18 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

It's not that uncommon in my experience. Was flying to Austin Texas a few years back with a cheap combination of flights which meant changing at Boston and Charlotte. At Boston got asked why on earth was I flying to Austin all by myself. Replied always wanted to go there and to see Springsteen. Immigration Officer response was "Well that's not QUITE so weird now then" HA HA

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whispered secret said:

Nope - I had a very similar experience. Flying from Toronto to Newark so you do all the border control in Toronto. Border man asked me what was happening in NJ, to which I replied 'I'm going to see Bruce Springsteen' border guy grins, stamps passport, hands it me back and says 'have a great time'. Mr J follows, 'I'm with her' he smiles and waves him through too.

Quickest I have ever got through.

i had a good experience as well

there may have been a little eye rolling on the Canadian side :lol:

• Like 1