WKE066

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

I've just asked the couple opposite what they thought of it. They loved it, have ordered the book and Gill has ordered a copy of BITUSA cos she lost her other one. Their friends enjoyed it, too.

• Bruuuuce! 1

6 hours ago, bettertohaveloved said:

I've just asked the couple opposite what they thought of it. They loved it, have ordered the book and Gill has ordered a copy of BITUSA cos she lost her other one. Their friends enjoyed it, too.

....now if she would just buy western stars that would be perfect 

• Like 1

im kind of staying away from any more indept interviews and pieces as i want some surprises left when i see the film

plus its really unfortunate the lovelly talented director reminds me of someone i don't like involving the last 3 days i worked for my last emoloyer of 14 years (totally no disrespect intended toward Ms Chadha)

12 hours ago, Promise61 said:

A gushing review from Radio Wales' 'film guru' Gary Slaymaker, himself a big fan.  Gary also picks his favourite three Bruce songs in movies. Starts at the 1hour 23 minute mark.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0007dlh

Cheers mate - thoroughly enjoyed that - Gary Slaymaker deffo one of us!

:)

I’m going tomorrow night with three longtime fans, with whom I’ve seen many shows over the years.  

One of whom I’ve been very, very close friends with since 1971(she’s more of a sister than a friend)... listening to Bruce with her since ‘75.   Can’t wait!! 

For the same reasons as DJ’s I’ll listen to the broadcast after I see the film. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2

52 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I’m going tomorrow night with three longtime fans, with whom I’ve seen many shows over the years.  

One of whom I’ve been very, very close friends with since 1971(she’s more of a sister than a friend)... listening to Bruce with her since ‘75.   Can’t wait!! 

ill read your review though :)

have a wounderful time x 4 

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:58 AM, Promise61 said:

'No stars' !!  There are at least a couple of veterans in that film that may take offence at that.

:lol:

Ha! - to be fair none that would be regarded as stars or as the point being made probably "box office" (and don't forget we are talking worldwide here - who would know Rob Brydon beyond these shores for example!?……...he and the girl playing the teacher - who was Captain America's love interest - are the only I'd have been able to name and even now her name escapes me! ha!).   

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:32 PM, whispered secret said:

Absolutely loved it - can't wait to see it again and again and again!

Told you I thought you would!  I went (again) with the family on Friday night (wanted to support it, after having had free preview last Tues) and everyone really enjoyed it. I'm probably going again on Weds this week with my own "Roops" (my good friend who put the vinyl albums of BTR & Darkness in to my hands when I was 20 years old in 1978 and said "give these a listen, I think you'll like this guy!"...…….41 years and 114 gigs later...…….!!! Glad you enjoyed!  

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 3

10 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Don't forget a box of paper hankies - otherwise you'll flood the place out!!!

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BruceWho said:

Ha! - to be fair none that would be regarded as stars or as the point being made probably "box office" (and don't forget we are talking worldwide here - who would know Rob Brydon beyond these shores for example!?……...he and the girl playing the teacher - who was Captain America's love interest - are the only I'd have been able to name and even now her name escapes me! ha!).   

Dean Charles Chapman who plays Matt was in Game Of Thrones, but I didn't recognise him at first.  (Which is a good thing for an actor!)  Not as yet a major star name though.  Nell Williams was also in GoT, but it was just one scene.

I loved the cameo. A nice touch.

6 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

I loved the cameo. A nice touch.

When we came out of the cinema on Friday night and were talking about the cameo and my daughter and her boyfriend hadn't spotted it but my wife did AND she was asking me if the director of the movie also had a cameo as she felt that the lady behind the counter in Athena (advising him sorry no jobs going) could possibly have been her!? I didn't notice but will be having a good / closer look when I go again on Weds with my Roops!, (apparently she did have a cameo in Bend It Like Beckham so...…….!?).  Anyone know!?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, albiedog said:

Don't forget a box of paper hankies - otherwise you'll flood the place out!!!

:D

Oh, believe you me, I’m prepared!  I still cry over the freaking trailer.  My ‘Roops’ is a BIG cryer as well, so I’ll bring extra!  :D

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Despite the good reviews the movie didn't open very well in the UK, just 4th with less than one million. :(

Who are their target audience?  Lots of Bruce fans will attend, but beyond that?

The recent biopics of Dolly, Elton, Freddie,  and The Beatles have done very well but they have a much broader appeal than our hero.  So, BBTL seems very niche. 

:blink:  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, salgari said:

Despite the good reviews the movie didn't open very well in the UK, just 4th with less than one million. :(

Let's face it...it's going to have a very limited appeal.

After the Springsteen crowd have all seen it I can't think of too many others who would be beating a trail to the cinema.

Only chance of big success is word of mouth.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Who are their target audience?  Lots of Bruce fans will attend, but beyond that?

Got in just before me Paul !

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

The recent biopics of Dolly, Elton, Freddie,  and The Beatles have done very well but they have a much broader appeal than our hero.  So, BBTL seems very niche. 

Dolly?

2 hours ago, salgari said:

It's still the school holidays.

This isn't a kids movie, a helluva lot of the target audience will be parents.

Cinema trips during the school holidays you're talking family trips to the movies.

You're talking Toy Story 4, Lion King, Spiderman.

The movie will find its audience.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 1:34 AM, red headed woman said:

I saw this on twitter and howled with laughter.  For anyone that has been lucky enough to get close to Bruce his facial expression so portrays how you feel inside!!

Same!  :lol:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

A lot of empty seats still for tonight's showing in New Jersey theaters so far.

I’m not surprised.  Nobody but us knows it’s playing! :lol:

Even the three I’m going with tonight said they wouldn’t have known if it wasn’t for me.  I’ve spoken to several other Bruce peeps... they had zero idea.  They all think the 16th is the first day you can go.