WKE066

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

I now know 4 non-Bruce fans who have seen it and enjoyed it, but I think you would have to at least like his music a bit. If Safraz had been inspired by somebody I'm not keen on, I don't think I would enjoy it enough just for the story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

A lot of empty seats still for tonight's showing in New Jersey theaters so far.

Maybe because the real fans live outside the I95 corridor ?

:P

• Like 1

A lot of empty seats still for tonight's showing in New Jersey theaters so far.

It's like expecting Wembley Stadium to be filled for 6 straight Ghost of Tom Joad shows

• Haha 1

In the UK, in the period mid 80's-mid 90's when being into Bruce was "not exactly cool"

Much cooler now to be into Bruce.

This is by no means the ultimate film about Bruce or Bruce fanaticism. Both of those films are still to be made

Dolly?

Aye. There's a Dolly biopic out there in the swamps of Jersey. And beyond. Forget the title

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Aye. There's a Dolly biopic out there in the swamps of Jersey. And beyond. Forget the title

Never heard of it either.  Dolly has had quite an interesting life.  She’s also an extremely kind and generous soul.  

Don’t know about her biopic, but I did love Dumplin’! 

3 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Dolly?

me too

what Dolly movie ?

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Never heard of it either.  Dolly has had quite an interesting life.  She’s also an extremely kind and generous soul.  

Don’t know about her biopic, but I did love Dumplin’! 

i tried to watch Dumplin' but i just couldn't  get into all that beauty pageant stuff -( its not something we ever knew as teenagers ) but im ashamed to say i didn't know Dolly was in it

i read her autobiography years ago and it was really good 

2 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I’m not surprised.  Nobody but us knows it’s playing! :lol:

Even the three I’m going with tonight said they wouldn’t have known if it wasn’t for me.  I’ve spoken to several other Bruce peeps... they had zero idea.  They all think the 16th is the first day you can go.  

is it getting advertized  ?

i saw one add once and it was so short 

very few products make it without descent marketing 

bend it like Beckham was on the other night - shurly a good opertunity to slot in an add 

no

5 hours ago, salgari said:

Despite the good reviews the movie didn't open very well in the UK, just 4th with less than one million. :(

less than one million

like 900,000 ?

Arrived 1 hr early and im not the firstbperson here! Must be italiansI

3 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I’m not surprised.  Nobody but us knows it’s playing! :lol:

Even the three I’m going with tonight said they wouldn’t have known if it wasn’t for me.  I’ve spoken to several other Bruce peeps... they had zero idea.  They all think the 16th is the first day you can go.  

Interesting, that’s certainly not the case in London and the south east where there are posters plastered all over the transport system, on the sides of buses, on the underground and overground railway systems (and I don’t just mean in central London, I’ve seen posters at both High Wycombe and Sidcup stations in the last 10days). There have also been ads in the Evening Standard, London’s free high circulation evening newspaper and it’s a full page advert on the back of the Radio Times, another high circulation publication, no doubt other press sources also.

I do agree with another poster that a school holiday release probably isn’t the best time for it to come out, certainly in my smallish local multiplex, it’s got far less showings than the kids movies that are the main summer fodder.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

less than one million

like 900,000 ?

I think the first week-end gross is 900 K UK £. That's over a million USD. 

Lion King is leading the UK box-office with 4 m. UK £ over the week-end. 

I don't think the movie is going to be a huge blockbuster. It would be interesting to see how it compares with the Queen movie, Rocketman or Yesterday. 

Also we should also consider that it's a British movie not an American movie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Fabrice said:

I think the first week-end gross is 900 K UK £. That's over a million USD. 

Lion King is leading the UK box-office with 4 m. UK £ over the week-end. 

I don't think the movie is going to be a huge blockbuster. It would be interesting to see how it compares with the Queen movie, Rocketman or Yesterday. 

Also we should also consider that it's a British movie not an American movie. 

oh 

:(

we are talking about money

not people 

i have no idea how many peoole go to the movies in the UK but i thought not quite a million people had seen the movie

24 minutes ago, hammersmith75 said:

Interesting, that’s certainly not the case in London and the south east where there are posters plastered all over the transport system, on the sides of buses, on the underground and overground railway systems (and I don’t just mean in central London, I’ve seen posters at both High Wycombe and Sidcup stations in the last 10days). There have also been ads in the Evening Standard, London’s free high circulation evening newspaper and it’s a full page advert on the back of the Radio Times, another high circulation publication, no doubt other press sources also.

I do agree with another poster that a school holiday release probably isn’t the best time for it to come out, certainly in my smallish local multiplex, it’s got far less showings than the kids movies that are the main summer fodder.

come on NJ ! 

seems London is more than ready for a Bruce Springsteen inspired movie

mind you its the promoters .....

for all we know they went to the same marketing school as  JLM 

• Like 1

My fanny could have been in a seat there tonight with RJM but, alas, the drive to NJ and back is still too much for my new hip!  

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, MadamMarie said:

My fanny could have been in a seat there tonight with RJM but, alas, the drive to NJ and back is still too much for my new hip!  

:(

but also

:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

What an amazing movie!  I loved every minute of it.  Laughed, cried, got goosebumps!  Loved all the 'characters', the story, of course the music, everything.  And it was all so much better because it's inspired by a true story.  Makes me also want to see a show...like now. 

the reviews of our friends are the only ones we really need 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Promise61 said:

After searching, I only saw something about a television series about 'Jolene' and a Christmas movie coming.  

• Like 1

Worth mentioning some excellent supporting performances from Hayley Atwell (marvels Peggy carter) as ms clay and a fellow person from South Wales rob Brydon as Matt’s dad neither of whom I knew were in the film

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Worth mentioning some excellent supporting performances from Hayley Atwell (marvels Peggy carter) as ms clay and a fellow person from South Wales rob Brydon as Matt’s dad neither of whom I knew were in the film

Yes!  I thought everyone in the movie was so good!

• Love Love Love! 1

12 minutes ago, AMIW said:

9 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Yes!  I thought everyone in the movie was so good!

you can guarantee i don't know who anyone is :lol:

23 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

What an amazing movie!  I loved every minute of it.  Laughed, cried, got goosebumps!  Loved all the 'characters', the story, of course the music, everything.  And it was all so much better because it's inspired by a true story.  Makes me also want to see a show...like now. 

Same!!!!  Like RIGHT NOW! :lol:

We all absolutely loved it.  I agree, excellent cast, loved absolutely everything about it.  Tears. Laughter.  Goosebumps.  More tears.  

The theatre was much fuller than I thought it was going to be, considering if you didn’t know it was showing, you’d never know... And it was an enthusiastic audience too! 

Can’t wait to see it again!!!  

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 5