WKE066

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

Totally.  Which is why I'm finding it at the theater, have some nostalgia style popcorn while I'm at it.

• Like 1

And what the hell happened to the Pet Shop Boys, British folk?  They're so good, do they do nothing anymore?

I could see them maturing with the times quite nicely. 

Brandon loves them, too.

• Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

That’s good to hear.  I’ve only seen two.  The people I’ve asked have seen none!  

Did your theater show the special content right before the movie?  Mine didn't.  I just saw it on FB.  Kind of bummed.  I even waited until the lights came up thinking it would be at the end of the movie.

I found the showing, not far from my workplace so I can head on over sometime after work, starting this Friday.   Or I could go to the matinee general and spend 10.99 as opposed to 14.99.  Will need that three dollar saving to help with my junk food bill while being entertained.  

I need to be entertained right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Actually, I've seen a lot of commercials about it on television.

seen one on the side of a bus

1 hour ago, Pregnant Sally said:

And what the hell happened to the Pet Shop Boys, British folk?  They're so good, do they do nothing anymore?

They've never stopped !  They knock out an album about every three years and appear live quite regularly.
They guested with The Killers at Glastonbury this year, and they're headlining a show in Hyde Park next month.  I might go.

On 8/9/2019 at 7:20 PM, Born To Walk said:

At the moment I'm the only person to have booked!

Three days to go and they have now sold four seats

Is that a thing, booking cinema seats?  I never do, I just turn up.  I've never not got in.  Not that I go often. 

13 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Is that a thing, booking cinema seats?  I never do, I just turn up.  I've never not got in.  Not that I go often. 

I can't speak for anyone else and I (almost) never go, but I like to know where I'll be sitting.

27 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Three days to go and they have now sold four seats

Make sure you get a good seat.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Did your theater show the special content right before the movie?  Mine didn't.  I just saw it on FB.  Kind of bummed.  I even waited until the lights came up thinking it would be at the end of the movie.

Mine didn't show it either. :(

What's the special content? Mine didn't show anything.

Hearing It's A Sin suddenly blast through those cinema speakers was one of my favourite parts about the film when I saw it in Glasgow a month or so ago. One, because it's an awesome song, and two because it set up the era nicely. It could have easily opened with a Bruce song but took another route. Good choice, I think. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -Sussudio- said:

Hearing It's A Sin suddenly blast through those cinema speakers was one of my favourite parts about the film when I saw it in Glasgow a month or so ago. One, because it's an awesome song, and two because it set up the era nicely. It could have easily opened with a Bruce song but took another route. Good choice, I think. 

I remember It's A Sin being a huuuge hit in North America back in the day, I've heard it cranked out of a lot of speakers through the years, such a great tune.  Beats West End Girls, another mighty big hit, by some miles and miles.  Although, don't mind one that either really.  

Making a movie on anyone musician should never preclude other artists, wouldn't even make any bloody sense.  They don't exist in a vaccuum.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -Sussudio- said:

ALSO I DEMAND TO KNOW WHAT THIS DOLLY BIOPIC IS.

Don't think there is one, Dumplin' is probably what they mean.  

Just now, Pregnant Sally said:

I remember It's A Sin being a huuuge hit in North America back in the day, I've heard it cranked out of a lot of speakers through the years, such a great tune.  Beats West End Girls, another mighty big hit, by some miles and miles.  Although, don't mind one that either really.  

Making a movie on anyone musician should never preclude other artists, wouldn't even make any bloody sense.  They don't exist in a vaccuum.  

I wasn't even a sparkle in my Dad's eyes when the song came out but thankfully my mother, a child of the 80's and a huge lover of pop chart music, made sure I knew such songs whilst growing up. I agree that it also beats West End Girls. 

I've never really listened to Pet Shop Boys outside of a greatest hits compilation but maybe I should.

This thread has been too long for my old brain, but have you heard their version of Bruce's Last to Die or have I asked you that already?  

2 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Pet Shop Boys are still at it! I'm sure they toured and played the O2 in London in recent years. BBC Radio 2 have an end of summer event every year now (making use of the stage that is set up each year in Hyde Park, London) with several artists all playing on the same bill (think they maybe call it their "festival in a day") - this Sept amongst others Status Quo and Simply Red are on the bill but their "headline act" are The Pet Shop Boys!  

• Like 1

Just now, Pregnant Sally said:

This thread has been too long for my old brain, but have you heard their version of Bruce's Last to Die or have I asked you that already?  

Not recently but I remember seeing a live video of it on here some years ago before I actually joined. I recall it being quite decent actually.

Nope.  I waited thinking the same thing.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -Sussudio- said:

Not recently but I remember seeing a live video of it on here some years ago before I actually joined. I recall it being quite decent actually.

I bet the 'Boys are happy to have their music blaring through the movie, they must be fans.  

3 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

That’s good to hear.  I’ve only seen two.  The people I’ve asked have seen none!  

I've seen ads on tv quite a few times. This morning our  local news had a clip from ETalk (I think) with an interview with the lead.

• Bruuuuce! 1