WKE066

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I was very disappointed that the Western Stars movie didn't have a trailer before last nights show. That's why I got there early. 

Same here.  I thought maybe it was because we went to our small local independent theater, as opposed to the AMC owned ones.  

If I go again (for a 4th time!!) I’ll opt for an AMC theatre and find out. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Same here.  I thought maybe it was because we went to our small local independent theater, as opposed to the AMC owned ones.  

I told sister about the trailer, sadly we didn't get it either.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I went to an AMC theatre- they didn't show it either. 

I find it annoying that they advertise stuff, but the theaters don't show it. <_<

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, misty rain said:

I went to an AMC theatre- they didn't show it either. 

I find it annoying that they advertise stuff, but the theaters don't show it. <_<

boo hiss 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I was very disappointed that the Western Stars movie didn't have a trailer before last nights show. That's why I got there early. 

Same here, although strangely, got a trailer for BBTL! Started worrying I'd gone into the wrong screen.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

thanks Aunty 

is it bad im hoping for a near empty theatre? :lol:

No. :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mariasbed said:

Same here, although strangely, got a trailer for BBTL! Started worrying I'd gone into the wrong screen.

i have had that fear before

its a very real fear 

I will confess to never having been to see a film on my own, but I will in the future, 4-5 people on there own, and different ages.

So Mr Roy, you can be a big brave Northern man and go on your own.:)

26 minutes ago, jmw said:

I will confess to never having been to see a film on my own, but I will in the future, 4-5 people on there own, and different ages.

your very lucky

41 minutes ago, jmw said:

Life's too short and opportunities too limited to be missing out on things just because you can't find anyone else who wants to go.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Life's too short and opportunities too limited to be missing out on things just because you can't find anyone else who wants to go.

Agreed! A good friend of mine goes to the cinema, probably most weeks, on her own as her husband only likes films from the 1950's!! 

The good thing about going to the cinema on your own, as opposed to the theatre, is that you don't feel like Billy no mates during the interval.

• Like 2

No WS trailer here either.  Is WS going to be a true theatrical release or is it one of those Fathom Events things like Springsteen and I was?  

• Like 1

Just now, Wasted in the heat said:

No WS trailer here either.  Is WS going to be a true theatrical release or is it one of those Fathom Events things like Springsteen and I was?  

You maybe right, wasn't thinking of that. One of the best Fathom Events I ever saw was Pink Floyd at Pompeii!  

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Very true.

21 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Agreed! A good friend of mine goes to the cinema, probably most weeks, on her own as her husband only likes films from the 1950's!! 

The good thing about going to the cinema on your own, as opposed to the theatre, is that you don't feel like Billy no mates during the interval.

And you don't have to share your sweets.

Guess who bought sweets and left them at big sisters:rolleyes: oh well they will have something for the journey to Wales.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

I don't know what a Fathom Event is, but it will be a limited release IMO.  It's pretty niche.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

I often go to the cinema on my own...and I went to see Blinded by the light on my own.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rizla said:

I don't know what a Fathom Event is, but it will be a limited release IMO.  It's pretty niche.

Probably a US only thing.  Basically a Hi Res video broadcast shown in cinemas.  It differs from a theatrical release in that it is usually just a single showing on a given date and time.  That's how they did Springsteen and I stateside.  

Not that it really matters, I was just curious because as you say, this is pretty niche.  

13 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

We have Cinemark here and they had the Western Stars trailer before it.

• Thanks 1

Anyway, back to the movie...

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Have not been to the cinema for quite some time, now been twice in the last few weeks and I have to say I think that Yesterday was a better film than Blinded By The Light, although I enjoyed them both. Have already spoken about Yesterday elsewhere and "that scene".

Blinded By The Light was lethargic and cheesy for the first 70/75  minutes, I can understand the lethergy to illustrate to those who did not appreciate the dynamics of the relationships involved and it helped to make the final part of the film. The last 35/40 minutes of the film I really enjoyed, with a few flies around there, for me the whole crux of the film was the scene of the two boys having a beer at the bar of The Stone Pony (well you all know Independence Day is up there for me), slightly shades "that scene" from Yesterday for me, shivers down the spine moment, and having sat at that same bar sipping a beer made it all the more real for me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jmw said:

Nope :D

Going to the pictures on me todd is just not going to happen, I'm just not brave enough

• Sad 1

I finally saw it today..one of four people in the whole theatre so it was quite obvious when I hummed a few bars a few times...hard to not sing along.

I really enjoyed it and yes it got a little cheesy at times but, hey, so does Bruce.  I think I'll see it again.  

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1