Blinded By The Light (Movie)

6 hours ago, thomam said:

Anyway, back to the movie...

I love that!  Thanks for posting.  

Javeed is ambidextrous! ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Have already spoken about Yesterday elsewhere and "that scene".

Could somebody please tell me what "that scene" comprises.  I have no intention of going to see the film, but am curious.   a010.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Could somebody please tell me what "that scene" comprises.  I have no intention of going to see the film, but am curious.   a010.gif

Me too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rizla said:

It would really and truly spoil the movie for those who want to see it.  I’ll be happy to PM you if nobody else has yet.   Let me know! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

It would really and truly spoil the movie for those who want to see it.  I’ll be happy to PM you if nobody else has yet.   Let me know! 

did what Roy say not happen in the movie then ? :lol:

4 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

All the Beatles were in a cafe

John said "one day we will all be famous" 

Ringo said "Do you reckon"

George said " yeahhh..bound to be"

Paul said " we have as much chance of being famous as me and Bruce Springsteen being on stage in front of thousands of people singing.... and some fucker cut the power off"

All the Beatles laughed, tea got knocked over, Ringo laughed so much snots came out and John dropped his cream bun 

• Haha 1

I thought Blinded by the light was a better film than Yesterday. 

Yesterday was enjoyable and a good story, but I thought it all just ran out of steam as it went on and became a bit unsatisfying towards the end. 

BBTL was wonderful. Great story, well acted, moving, funny, and hugely inspiring.

9 hours ago, Rizla said:

You'd enjoy it, Rizla - nothing like BBTL.

It's good. :D

If you already know the leading man, he's funny in this, too. It's daft but if you liked The Beatles, you'll enjoy the film for what it is. Nostalgic and fun.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michigan Line said:

God this is rubbish 

I liked it - what the essence of the film is without having to wade through the other stuff.

Thing is … the lad at the end … I thought it must be the same lad that was with his mate when they were little. Kate reckoned it was just a 'random' lad to show that he, too, had dreams.  I'll not be watching the film again so does anybody know?

16 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

I liked it - what the essence of the film is without having to wade through the other stuff.

Thing is … the lad at the end … I thought it must be the same lad that was with his mate when they were little. Kate reckoned it was just a 'random' lad to show that he, too, had dreams.  I'll not be watching the film again so does anybody know?

was referring to the song.....

17 hours ago, thomam said:

my 12 year old self asks is this the music video from the movie ?

57 minutes ago, Michigan Line said:

was referring to the song.....

Oh. :D

As it's been out a while (the song) I thought it was the film you were on about - again.

9 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yes, please, a PM was what I had in mind!  Thanks.

3 hours ago, bettertohaveloved said:

You'd enjoy it, Rizla - nothing like BBTL.

It's good. :D

If you already know the leading man, he's funny in this, too. It's daft but if you liked The Beatles, you'll enjoy the film for what it is. Nostalgic and fun.

Nah, not a Beatles fan, although I liked them when I was little.  Always preferred the Stones though!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Nah, not a Beatles fan, although I liked them when I was little.  Always preferred the Stones though!

Loved the Stones' early hits but I was a Beatles fan. I adored John.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rizla said:

Shall do! 

• Like 1

Interesting video, though I'm not sure what someone who hasn't seen the movie would get from it. Perhaps it was intended to make people curious about seeing it. 

I must say I do like the way the lyrics are displayed - that's visually really eye catching and keeps the viewer's attention.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, thomam said:

My screen is showing a blank. Is this ISBUA with the lyrics?

5 hours ago, Michigan Line said:

God this is rubbish 

Well, I absolutely love it.  So does Mr RJM.  As well as the three other Bruce fans to whom it was sent.  

I adore the song, and I think the vid was beautifully done.  Like Magnus I too really like the way the lyrics are displayed. 

So, no, not ‘rubbish’ as far as a lot of people are concerned. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

did what Roy say not happen in the movie then ?

Yeah, no! :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, thomam said:

Well, now they're starting to flog the movie after the initial rush and exposure.

An average song with goblins and demons, written for a Harry Potter film is transposed into Lutonville and a young Pakistani lad.  If the song is now so central to the story why is it hidden at the end?  Maybe because Bruce has a film of his own on the way?

30 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

An average song with goblins and demons, written for a Harry Potter film is transposed into Lutonville and a young Pakistani lad.  If the song is now so central to the story why is it hidden at the end?  Maybe because Bruce has a film of his own on the way?

It seems to me that it's a song that would be best appreciated by parents of young children.
They should make a dedicated video for it with that in mind (rather than BBTL), and they might have a hit with it.

• Like 1

I think Landau and Bruce are at that point now where they have an eye on royalties and residuals over yonder.

Bruce and Patti must be thinking of financial platforms for their children's children.

10 hours ago, Michigan Line said:

God this is rubbish 

You sound like a bitter man .I thought the film was fantastic & my wife & brother who are not big Springsteen fans loved the film & this song .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rizla said:

It seems to me that it's a song that would be best appreciated by parents of young children.
They should make a dedicated video for it with that in mind (rather than BBTL), and they might have a hit with it.

Good point. Bruce wrote it for his son Evan in the late 90's when he would only have been around 8 or 9. 

I think the theme of the song blends i well with the film. It's a lovely heartwarming song with a real nice melody and words.

• Like 2