WKE066

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

I'm glad that's been made clear about the 'tearing up of the tickets'. Just one of the 'Eh?' moments for me as I couldn't remember hearing that mentioned back at the Fringe.

A poorly-made film - and I'm sad about his dad being portrayed in that way. The end bit probably didn't happen, either?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eileen said:

A poorly-made film 

Your opinion is your opinion; but sorry... I strongly disagree with that.  

I thought you might. :)

I enjoyed the original talk though.

I haven't read the whole thread. Has someone pointed out - complained about - that he at one point back in 1987-88 listens to the studio version of Because the Night - released 2010 -  on his walkman?  Still, I liked the movie.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheBoss said:

I haven't read the whole thread. Has someone pointed out - complained about - that he at one point back in 1987-88 listens to the studio version of Because the Night - released 2010 -  on his walkman?  Still, I liked the movie.

Yes, that was mentioned someplace.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBoss said:

Yeah, I noticed and whispered "Anachronism!" to my friend in the cinema.  But it doesn't matter, and neither does the inconsistency about The River.  At least it gives us fans a chance to be smug smartarses.  :P

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, whispered secret said:

I have just finished re reading the book. I enjoyed it very much and the description of 'inspired by' rather than 'based on' is very true.

A few of the stories actually happened but most of them are an amalgamation of experiences Safraz had between the ages of 14 and 20. The one thing which surprised me (spoiler coming) is that Safraz did get to see the TOL tour and his dad actually paid for the ticket. I feel bad for Mr Manzoor Snr. that he was portrayed as someone who ripped up the ticket and I was a puzzled as to why Safraz allowed that to be portrayed in the film.

Mr Manzoor Snr. is, of course, dead so he doesn't know he was portrayed in this way.

im really glad that Dad brought him the ticket because that sceen in the movie really upset me the most

Mr Springsteen enjoyed being the inspiration behind some of Bruce's songs and after he passed away Bruce stopped the dad stories

its a pity Mr Manzoir isn't here to see his son's words inspire a movie being enjoyed all over the world

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eileen said:

I'm glad that's been made clear about the 'tearing up of the tickets'. Just one of the 'Eh?' moments for me as I couldn't remember hearing that mentioned back at the Fringe.

A poorly-made film - and I'm sad about his dad being portrayed in that way. The end bit probably didn't happen, either?

i do see where your coming from

5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i do see where your coming from

Good. Why would you allow your dad to be portrayed in such a light?  Was it you who gasped at the bit where he 'tore up the ticket'? The bit in the car is ridiculous.

52 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Good. Why would you allow your dad to be portrayed in such a light?  Was it you who gasped at the bit where he 'tore up the ticket'? The bit in the car is ridiculous.

nope:lol:

(well yes,  kind of :lol:) !

i yelled out Nooooooooo ! :lol:

it did make the Dad out as the baddie and i don't think that's fare when he's not here to defend himself

remember i also misses the part where it said 'inspired by' 

considering i thought the bit in the car was kind of the climax its much more a work of fiction than i realized

its seems to have even less fact going on than the crown and that's quite an accomplishment 

next time i see it (on t.v.) while drinking a bottle of sweet cheap wine im just going to view it as 80s nostalgia with an awsome soundtrack and im hoping ill enjoy it more 

i mean the friend with the Paul Young hair do was so redicoulss maybe that was part was the comedy that went over my head

• Like 1

I won't be in a rush to see it again.

Really looking forward to seeing the Western Stars film though. Hoping for some positivity in it. There seems to be an element of gloominess hanging over Bruce World at the moment. Has been for a while.

• Like 2

When his dad tore up the tickets, at first I felt really bad for Safraz then I thought "Ok, now the movie will be showing him sitting at home  listening to and instead taping the radio broadcast of the legenday Stockholm concert."But..no! A lost opportunity in my opinion. :P

• Haha 1