WKE066

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

3 minutes ago, Troublette said:

I have to admit there are times I've started a British film over with closed captioning on so I could understand it!:unsure:

glad its not just me ! :lol:

I eventually watched the film, never went to the pictures to see it btw 

Anyway

I found it so disappointing, such an anticlimax after all the hype

Some of the anti Springsteen quotes etc got on my nerves..Discarded Springsteen photos on the floor, no tickets sold for the Tunnel Of Love tour, music for dads  ..etc I know it was kind of a joke, it was just shit.

His mates dad at the market with the wig on was beyond cringeworthy " hide neath your lovers "  FFS ! 

The Shawshank Redemption inspired pinching of the school tannoy to play Born To Run was embarrassing, the "Fame" running through the streets that followed was painful viewing, they even hoy'd in a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid bike ride..the Madness walk made me want to punch the TV...then after all that a pig head !!! Fuckin' hell !! 

( did anyone else notice the real Javed dancing in the market ?} 

The racist stuff was glossed over as a joke, that annoyed me

Javed's relationship with his dad was the only thing that interested me, when he cried having his haircut was very moving, just about the only believable part of the movie, the Independence Day bit was ok ish.

His speech at the end nearly saved the film but it didn't

the film for me was very, very disappointing. I'm glad i didn't see it at the pictures

They just tried to hard to get every cliche crammed into the film i don't think the film went more than 5 minutes without someone saying "Bruce" 

I hate it that i hated it

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Anyway

Some of the anti Springsteen quotes etc got on my nerves..Discarded Springsteen photos on the floor, no tickets sold for the Tunnel Of Love tour, music for dads  ..etc I know it was kind of a joke, it was just shit.

His mates dad at the market with the wig on was beyond cringeworthy " hide neath your lovers "  FFS ! 

The Shawshank Redemption inspired pinching of the school tannoy to play Born To Run was embarrassing, the "Fame" running through the streets that followed was painful viewing, they even hoy'd in a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid bike ride..the Madness walk made me want to punch the TV...then after all that a pig head !!! Fuckin' hell !! 

Javed's relationship with his dad was the only thing that interested me, when he cried having his haircut was very moving, just about the only believable part of the movie, the Independence Day bit was ok ish.

the film for me was very, very disappointing. I'm glad i didn't see it at the pictures

They just tried to hard to get every cliche crammed into the film i don't think the film went more than 5 minutes without someone saying "Bruce" 

Shame you didn't like it Roy...I thought it was fantastic, but there you go.

I thought The Shawshank Redemption was overhyped and overrated, but then again I hate prison movies !

• Like 2

ive never seen the shawshank redemishon

Roy, i understand your disappointment 

(The racist stuff was glossed over as a joke, that annoyed me )

Me, too, @newcastle roy, me, too.

I tried to like it but, like you, was disappointed.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Roy, I've 'liked' your post and I haven't even seen the film.

What I meant was it made me think (but maybe I'm wrong) that I was right in not being particularly bothered to see it.

• Like 3

Being released on DVD and Blu-Ray on November 19th....

Took $11.9 Million at the domestic US box office apparently.

On 8/13/2019 at 4:44 PM, Pregnant Sally said:

And what the hell happened to the Pet Shop Boys, British folk?  They're so good, do they do nothing anymore?

I could see them maturing with the times quite nicely. 

I just had to revive this comment because the Pet Shop Boys latest single has entered the charts at No 1 :D

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/physical-singles-chart/?fbclid=IwAR3e3S_uhrVyqUAe15PexMOAcmt_iO57lcOmw8Lxi1cqc2BwynQgZxi8uCc

i might get it when its in one of those 2 for $5 clearance bins one day, after its been on telly 2 or 3 times

mind you once Gary has seen i see no point

so probably not :lol:

On 10/5/2019 at 12:58 AM, newcastle roy said:

Anyway

I thought it was a lot better than Western Stars.  My wife who's not a big fan thought the same .

51 minutes ago, Somethinginthenight said:

I thought it was a lot better than Western Stars.  My wife who's not a big fan thought the same .

I did absolutely love both of them.  And of course it’s all good if you liked BBTL better than WS.  Or vice versa, or didn’t like either of them for that matter. 

But IDK about comparing them to each other, as they are totally and completely different kinds of films. 

@newcastle roy if you like/love the WS album, I hope you get to see the film in the theatre.  I’ve gone three times now, and every person with whom I’ve seen the film absolutely flipped over it.   The last person turned to me when it was over and said ‘I didn’t want it to end.’  

• Like 2

started to watch pn flight back from us and lasted 20/25 minutes, not for me, so corny, couldnt handle it. watched All the presidents men, still a great film more my kind of stuff

4 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

started to watch pn flight back from us and lasted 20/25 minutes, not for me, so corny, couldnt handle it. watched All the presidents men, still a great film more my kind of stuff

it did get a bit better as it went along but i did find at least that long at the start all a bit of a slog