Greasy Lake Community

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

Just watched this film at last. I think they managed to convey the inspirational impact of Bruce very well, something we can all relate to. But incredibly cheesy at times and a bit over simplified but hey it’s a musical ! Good fun ! 

• Like 3
  • Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This movie was amazing. I attended with my mom, dad, and wife, each a Bruce fan in their own way but none so much as myself. We all found different moments to cry for. My mom and wife both cried

Tickets looked so much nicer back then

So I saw the film last night and I honestly haven’t cried that much at a film for a long time! (Surprise, surprise!). It was one of the most heartfelt/relatable films I’ve ever seen and it was filmed

Posted Images

I have, yes. I thought it was great. Very fun, feel good movie. It made me discover some of his songs I hadn't heard yet (I saw it the first time, maybe a month after I became a fan) and it made my mum like Bruce more. She never really liked him but the movie made it easier for her to stand me playing his music all the time.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, The teen of spring said:

I have, yes. I thought it was great. Very fun, feel good movie. It made me discover some of his songs I hadn't heard yet (I saw it the first time, maybe a month after I became a fan) and it made my mum like Bruce more. She never really liked him but the movie made it easier for her to stand me playing his music all the time.

Oh that's really wonderful:)

I must say i was a little disappointed in the movie but im really really happy your mum likes his music now and that you got to discover new songs - that is much more important :)

I look forward to following your fandom

Please post more 

My apologies for not seeing your earlier posts

Welcome to the lake new friend 

Please don't be shy

Feel free to start a thread and tell us about you and your fandom 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to watching this! Thought the musical interludes were a bit rubbish but overall enjoyed the movie with the use of some of the lyrics being super imposed very effective! Thought the lead and young actors did a good job and the period details bought back the dark days of Maggie convincingly.

Finished watching it and came over to the Lake to find the posts on new album hints from Nils. 

Hope he is right as a tour next year is probably exactly what we all need right now.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Watched this on netflex over two nights after Gary had gone to bed 

He still complained about hearing it 

Cant say i enjoyed it any more than the first time :(

But i tried 

38 minutes ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

Went to see the film when it came out at the Odeon in Kilmarnock in August 2019. I enjoyed it. I've since got it on DVD. 

It's a good film, not great, but a decent low-budget coming of age movie.

Deals well with the effect of the race issues of Thatcher's Britain in the 80's, and the father/son conflict is well handled.

Music is fabulous of course, and Javed's speech at the end when he is getting his award resonates with me with regard to what Bruce and his songs have meant to him.

Saw it on the first day of release at the cinema, and got the Blu-ray when it came out. 

When I watched it recently again on Netflix I was a bit disappointed they cut out I'll stand by you always when the closing credits were coming up.

1 hour ago, MacBruce said:

When I watched it recently again on Netflix I was a bit disappointed they cut out I'll stand by you always when the closing credits were coming up.

I thought it really jarred as it has no connection to the story in the film.  It's exactly what it was written as, a parent comforting a child after a nightmare.

7 hours ago, Rizla said:

I thought it really jarred as it has no connection to the story in the film.  It's exactly what it was written as, a parent comforting a child after a nightmare.

I know what you mean...however I just love the song.

23 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Watched this on netflex over two nights after Gary had gone to bed 

He still complained about hearing it 

Cant say i enjoyed it any more than the first time :(

But i tried 

I saw it at the movies when it came out.  Cringeworthy.   Made me embarrassed to be a Bruce fan.  I snuck out of the cinema and never spoke about it to anyone.

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, Gretsch Country Gentleman said:

I saw it at the movies when it came out.  Cringeworthy.   Made me embarrassed to be a Bruce fan.  I snuck out of the cinema and never spoke about it to anyone.

I was only one of two people at the movies that day

Looking back thought maybe i had been justifiably hard on it

Nope - it was worse than i remembered  !!!

Really glad Gary never came to the movies that day ! 

• Like 2