Greasy Lake Community

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

Just watched this film at last. I think they managed to convey the inspirational impact of Bruce very well, something we can all relate to. But incredibly cheesy at times and a bit over simplified but hey it’s a musical ! Good fun ! 

• Like 3
  • Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This movie was amazing. I attended with my mom, dad, and wife, each a Bruce fan in their own way but none so much as myself. We all found different moments to cry for. My mom and wife both cried

Tickets looked so much nicer back then

I saw the movie yesterday, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Yes, cheesy at times, but that is no bad thing...  As someone roughly the same age as Sarfraz (18 in 1987), I did recognise lot of the themes

Posted Images

I have, yes. I thought it was great. Very fun, feel good movie. It made me discover some of his songs I hadn't heard yet (I saw it the first time, maybe a month after I became a fan) and it made my mum like Bruce more. She never really liked him but the movie made it easier for her to stand me playing his music all the time.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, The teen of spring said:

I have, yes. I thought it was great. Very fun, feel good movie. It made me discover some of his songs I hadn't heard yet (I saw it the first time, maybe a month after I became a fan) and it made my mum like Bruce more. She never really liked him but the movie made it easier for her to stand me playing his music all the time.

Oh that's really wonderful:)

I must say i was a little disappointed in the movie but im really really happy your mum likes his music now and that you got to discover new songs - that is much more important :)

I look forward to following your fandom

Please post more 

My apologies for not seeing your earlier posts

Welcome to the lake new friend 

Please don't be shy

Feel free to start a thread and tell us about you and your fandom 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to watching this! Thought the musical interludes were a bit rubbish but overall enjoyed the movie with the use of some of the lyrics being super imposed very effective! Thought the lead and young actors did a good job and the period details bought back the dark days of Maggie convincingly.

Finished watching it and came over to the Lake to find the posts on new album hints from Nils. 

Hope he is right as a tour next year is probably exactly what we all need right now.

• Like 1