WKE066

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

1 hour ago, Michigan Line said:

Manzoor is a parasite, Ive seen enough of that scumbag over the years to know how much I detest him.

He can shove his film up his fat lying arse

Nothing worth saying in response to this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Michigan Line said:

Manzoor is a parasite, Ive seen enough of that scumbag over the years to know how much I detest him.

Always good to hear a balanced opinion!

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

Nothing worth saying in response to this.

100% correct.  

• Thanks 2

On 7/27/2019 at 4:55 PM, Thunder Roadie said:

Really, you think so? 
Other than the Dancing in the Dark video I don't see too much cheesiness.

His pre-song spoken "stories" are cheesy.  And he was preoccupied with "credibility" and "authenticity" to the point that it became his schtick.  

6 hours ago, Michigan Line said:

But, come on now, tell us how you really feel.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DaveNJ95 said:

And he was preoccupied with "credibility" and "authenticity" to the point that it became his schtick.  

I think, historically, Dave Marsh had a lot to do with this.  In his first 'book' he virtually writes off everyone as fake and phoney compared to our hero.  When I read it as a teenager I was enthralled.  Now it's embarrassing.  If you could eat it, it would rot your teeth.

6 hours ago, Michigan Line said:

After you've been to see it, I take it?

5 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I think, historically, Dave Marsh had a lot to do with this.  In his first 'book' he virtually writes off everyone as fake and phoney compared to our hero.  When I read it as a teenager I was enthralled.  Now it's embarrassing.  If you could eat it, it would rot your teeth.

I actually like Marsh's writing except for the Bruce brown-nosing.  

7 minutes ago, DaveNJ95 said:

But, if he wrote anything bad about Bruce he'd have his conjugals cut off :P

59 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

But, if he wrote anything bad about Bruce he'd have his conjugals cut off :P

Did he just lose the one bollock for saying that he didn't like Downbound Train?

8 hours ago, Michigan Line said:

I’ve heard quite a few people slating him.

What does he do that annoys people so much?

i will wait till it comes on telly or something before i see it, aint been to cinema in 40yrs not going to go now

• Haha 1

Its on at our Picture House on Friday, but I am hoping it will be on at Everyman too, as that is a comfy cinema with sofas and waiter service at your seats! More expensive (obviously) but I think this film will deserve special treatment.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

23 hours ago, bettertohaveloved said:

After you've been to see it, I take it?

nope...

why would I?

I have no intention of supporting this film, I know who its based on.....and that makes my stomach turn

Just now, Michigan Line said:

nope...

why would I?

I have no intention of supporting this film, I know who its based on.....and that makes my stomach turn

Enlighten us.

Just seen this at one of the early screenings Hammersmith75 told us about. I enjoyed it, very nostalgic for those of us that remember the 80s. Pretty funny and heart warming as well. Born to run and thunder road were great scenes. Jungleland a very powerful scene. I was the only one who stayed for all of I'll stand by you over the credits though. Hopefully it will introduce Bruce to new audiences as well as sending out a message of peace and tolerance to all.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 8/4/2019 at 9:00 PM, Captain Chaos said:

I’ve heard quite a few people slating him.

What does he do that annoys people so much?

I'd guess him being a successful Asian gets on some people's wick.

Speculation though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnstown Company said:

Just seen this at one of the early screenings Hammersmith75 told us about. I enjoyed it, very nostalgic for those of us that remember the 80s. Pretty funny and heart warming as well. Born to run and thunder road were great scenes. Jungleland a very powerful scene. I was the only one who stayed for all of I'll stand by you over the credits though. Hopefully it will introduce Bruce to new audiences as well as sending out a message of peace and tolerance to all.

Johnstown, glad my posting worked for you and that you enjoyed the film.

I’ve managed to see it twice, once courtesy of the Badlands showing in a small, 100 seat, private cinema with an obviously fully committed Bruce audience and tonight in Stratford Westfield Vue where I’m pretty sure Bruce fans were in a very small minority if the number left at the end of the credits was indicative. My verdict? I loved it the first time round and LOVED it the second run through. It’s not a great movie, it won’t win a shedload of Oscars, but you’d have to be pretty curmudgeonly not to come out with a smile on your face, Bruce fan or otherwise. OK, it’s a bit cheesy in places but the choice and use of songs works very well with the narrative and I thought the visual use of the lyrics — on some songs they flash up on screen to emphasise the message — was pretty powerful. Yes, both BTR and Thunder Road were wonderful, Rob Brydon giving a good account of himself on the latter though it’s not the first time he’s warmed up his pipes with that song,

a performance I was lucky to witness myself though the video’s not mine. All I can say is go and watch this movie, you’ll come out feeling better than you went in.

Just one more thing. At the Badlands private showing we had an unexpected, unplanned pre showing surprise guest appearance by the film’s director Gurinder Chadha. The small private cinema used was in a plush central London hotel and by pure coincidence Gurinder Chadha was staying there after a days worth of media interviews, trying to wind down before a Q&A session at a more mainstream central London cinema preview showing that evening. She only found out that her film was showing downstairs accidentally a short time before the film started, so she came down whilst on her way to having a massage, dressed in a bathrobe to thanks us for our support. She was very appreciative of our interest and gave us first hand the story of how she approached Bruce to use Clarence’s solo from Jungleland during the National Front march scene. All in all a nice bonus to what was already an excellent evening.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 3

im far from impressed at people walking out on the credits

im always the least to leave

i like reading all the different jobs and who did them

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

im far from impressed at people walking out on the credits

im always the least to leave

i like reading all the different jobs and who did them

Me too

• Bruuuuce! 1

13 minutes ago, hammersmith75 said:

Me too

not forgetting the person who made the credits either !

and of course the soundtrack

and that no animals were harmed in the making of this motion picture

and everybodie's assistant too

by now someone is sweeping popcorn up from under my feet but im still reading ...

i like to see the Roman numerals at the end 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/4/2019 at 1:52 PM, DaveNJ95 said:

After listening to Marsh on E Street Radio I don’t think I could read anything by him without hearing that smug voice of his in my head, thus making his writing unreadable for me. He’s an insufferable prick.

• Like 2

Love the way the central character also weighs in on the "Mary's Dress Sways vs Mary's Dress Sways" debate in this fillum quite pointedly

• Bruuuuce! 1

21 minutes ago, jukeblue said:

Love the way the central character also weighs in on the "Mary's Dress Sways vs Mary's Dress Sways" debate in this fillum quite pointedly

cool 

ill definatly look out for it