WKE066

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

5 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

She’s got the only accessory she or anyone of us fans would ever need right by her side!  :D;) 

Nailed it!

• Love Love Love! 1

That GL Sarfraz hater is gonna have a meltdown when he sees those photos!

:lol:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I watched it all :rolleyes: The two youngest kids are brilliant. Looks like they want to kick the cameraman (who IS he??) in the shins. They look totally bored :lol:.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Sunday matinee

in a one dog town

you're two seats away

i move two seats down

wipe the tears from your eyes

the first kiss i stole

i walk you home

the credits roll

Wow! And I thought I was the only fan of Fade to Black! Nice work Daisey.

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

That GL Sarfraz hater is gonna have a meltdown when he sees those photos!

:lol:

At least SM won't have to blag any more concert tix or push in the pit queue. His Bruce future is secure :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Read a review today which says that for many Bruce fans it will be a bit disappointing that there are only 4 Bruce songs which actually feature in the film. It also said that Born to Run just gets repeated over and over during the film. Can anybody who has seen the film confirm this ?

No theres loads of songs in it but perhaps only 4 that get played in their entirety. Although Born to run and thunder road are the only ones I recall being played in full. Born to run was played twice, the second time just before the credits. The river for instance is just a snippet playing on TV.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wolfinthepines said:

Wow! And I thought I was the only fan of Fade to Black! Nice work Daisey.

:lol: i was starting to worry no one would appreate it (the song, not me ;))

its my joint favourite outtake ( with its the little things she counts )

i love those Nebraska outtakes

i have a cd of them somewhere 

i very much think this period in Bruce's writting needs its own celebratory anniversary box set seperate from    BITUSA 

i also adore the lossin' kind and child bride (so much better in every way to the  workin' on the highway it evolved into)

i just love his voice on these tracks and the dark feel to the subject material - all three deserved a home on Nebraska

if i was doing the soundtrack to that movie id been going for more dark tracks

• Like 1

4 of us going tomorrow night (opening night) VUE Norwich - only 2 showings (5 something was the other) - ours is at 10pm and finishes at 12.20 - that's more "rock n roll" on a Friday night! ha!  Looking forward to the others seeing it (and enjoying again myself). We should get out there and support this (even if on the fence / only half interested) if we want to encourage Bruce involvement in projects!

Personally I don't see what's not to like in this movie!? (other than Rob Brydon singing you can hide neath your lovers rather than covers I'm sure he sang) - will be listening again Fri night to double check - could be me ha! as I thought he also said "I was there back in 91" when obviously it should be '81 - and my mate said he thought he did say '81 (as I'm sure he MUST have as the film is set in 87/88)...…..pretty sure he sings "lovers" though!!?...……..but then my ears are pretty battle weary after 45 years of gigging and some of the loudest in history (thank you The Who).   

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, rachelharms said:

FINALLY Corby is ready for Blinded By The Light! After weeks of checking the cinema screening schedules, and being genuinely convinced I might not get to see the film, it finally appeared on the website last night for the cinema in my town! Bought myself tickets for the opening night on Friday. Only one showing at 8:55pm... when I booked there was a whole chunk of seats already booked next to each other, maybe 20 or so. Is there a secret Northamptonshire Springsteen club I don’t know about?

Could be new friends to be made there by the sound of it!!?...…….enjoy the movie!

• Like 1

I will see it at least twice at the cinema, unless I think it's  dreadful, of course! Once with Mr J tomorrow and then with a friend. I might even persuade my sister we should see it when I am up in Leeds next week, we'll see.

I should also see what Tie's plans are - would be fun to see it with her. I might just have talked myself into 4 trips...

• Like 3

Love this quip from Southside "“My friend from Freehold finally made a name for himself,” Southside said. “I never thought he’d do it.”

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

I will see it at least twice at the cinema, unless I think it's  dreadful, of course! Once with Mr J tomorrow and then with a friend. I might even persuade my sister we should see it when I am up in Leeds next week, we'll see.

I cannot imagine for one second that you will find it dreadful Anne!?……..even the cheesier moments (the ones that venture in to "musical" territory) are somehow "okay" (acceptable) - look for Sarfraz's cameo as a member of the public during a group dance section of one of them. The overall story / message is uplifting and the way Bruce's music is used is very well done indeed (and good to see Asbury & Freehold etc) - you will enjoy I'm sure!

Many of us (especially older fans - and a lot of us are older fans than he!!!...…..his first gig is TOL tour) - but Bruce fans of any age and of any period of getting on this train will really tap in to what that music and those words mean to us, individually! I was introduced to Springsteen in 1978, aged 20, when my oldest and dearest friend (still) handed me the vinyl albums of BTR & Darkness and said "you should give these a listen, I think you will like this guy" - and the rest as they say is history! When Roots puts those 2 cassettes on the table and says "thank me later" I had goosebumps!  Go embrace & enjoy (forgive any cheese!).        

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

55 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

4 of us going tomorrow night (opening night) VUE Norwich - only 2 showings (5 something was the other) - ours is at 10pm and finishes at 12.20 - that's more "rock n roll" on a Friday night! ha!

See, I'd always go for the late afternoon/early evening showing, because then you can go for a meal and drinks afterwards and discuss the film!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rizla said:

See, I'd always go for the late afternoon/early evening showing, because then you can go for a meal and drinks afterwards and discuss the film!

Small matter of work! ha! - will still be at this desk when that earlier screening starts!  We will discuss in the 20 min drive home and beyond I'm sure!

When I went to the free preview screening on Tues my mate was going home to put some Bruce music on...…….I was looking forward to an ESB gig! (although for the 20/25 mins I had still to drive after dropping him off I was blaring Tempe in the car at full volume!).

If nothing else this movie will fire folks up for next year!!!

Some nice moments in this :   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nViAqkhdK2E

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Have a plan to go with Tie. It just needs to be showing somewhere in Brum on 17th, which I am sure it will be. It will be such fun to go with her!

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Booked for 3:30 showing at local Picturehouse tomorrow, just 10mins walk away. Then Moussaka at Turkish Restaurant opposite. Perfect.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

14 minutes ago, Lesley said:

Booked for 3:30 showing at local Picturehouse tomorrow, just 10mins walk away. Then Moussaka at Turkish Restaurant opposite. Perfect.

Is yours The Stratford Picture House? We have to be careful not to book that one by mistake, ours being The Stratford-upon-Avon Picture House!

23 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Is yours The Stratford Picture House? We have to be careful not to book that one by mistake, ours being The Stratford-upon-Avon Picture House!

No it’s East Dulwich. Been open a few years now, great to have a local cinema again.

• Like 2

A2415995-D329-44A0-9129-926FFCE41BC9.jpeg

“I’m so thrilled” Chadra said “He held my hand”

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 3