WKE066

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

1 hour ago, PaleGreenEyes said:

Fathom Events is hosting “Springsteen Fan Event” screenings throughout theaters nationwide on Monday.  Apparently this will include “exclusive bonus content”. No word on what this exclusive content is though.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/blinded-by-the-light

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@rosiejaneymary did you try for tickets for this?  Anyone else?  I vaguely remember hearing something on this but quickly forgot I guess because it was around the time I was dealing with other things.

14 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Wonder if anyone has told Bruce's major fan/director that he looks like Mark Ruffalo.  Uncanny.

Sorta has his smile too.  

I have never heard of Mark Ruffalo in my life.  Then last week I watched a film called Spotlight and he's in it.  And I commented that he was great in it.  Now Kay has mentioned him. :lol:

As you were.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

I have never heard of Mark Ruffalo in my life.  Then last week I watched a film called Spotlight and he's in it.  And I commented that he was great in it.  Now Kay has mentioned him. :lol:

As you were.

He's the Hulk also!

Image result for mark ruffalo as the hulk

I've always loved Mark Ruffalo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lou was The Hulk over here. ;) A little while ago.

24 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

As you were.

Spotlight is a great film.  Ruffalo is always great at setting the tone and mood of his role.  SeeI Love You Infinity Bear.  Gut-wrencher.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Have a plan to go with Tie. It just needs to be showing somewhere in Brum on 17th, which I am sure it will be. It will be such fun to go with her!

Make sure she behaves.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

@rosiejaneymary did you try for tickets for this?  Anyone else?  I vaguely remember hearing something on this but quickly forgot I guess because it was around the time I was dealing with other things.

I didn’t because I’m still making social plans the ‘day of’ anything.  But I have found the theaters in my area that are screening on Monday.

If I’m able, I’ll go a few hours beforehand and try to get tickets.  If they’re sold out... then the 16th it is! 

Edit: my friend got us tickets!!!!  Fingers and toes crossed it’s a ‘good day!’ :D

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

As you were.

I have seen a couple of films with him in them.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lesley said:

A2415995-D329-44A0-9129-926FFCE41BC9.jpeg

“I’m so thrilled” Chadra said “He held my hand”

He is a gentleman.

• Like 4

Chadra saw Bruce in Wembley Arena in 1984.  Front row.  Only real fans saw that one.

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Chadra saw Bruce in Wembley Arena in 1984.  Front row.  Only real fans saw that one.

:P

You're not going to forget that one, are you? :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

You're not going to forget that one, are you? :)

Nope. You of all people, know that I have Lynn Goldsmith Syndrome. 

That reminds me, I've not mentioned Jim Cobanis in a while.

^_^

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Nope. You of all people, know that I have Lynn Goldsmith Syndrome. 

That reminds me, I've not mentioned Jim Cobanis in a while.

^_^

I seem to remember something about a canoe not long ago.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

I seem to remember something about a canoe not long ago.

Hey, what about when he crossed that picket line at one of his gigs?  Did I mention that one ever? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Promise61 said:

Hey, what about when he crossed that picket line at one of his gigs?  Did I mention that one ever? 

No … go on, tell us.

2 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I didn’t because I’m still making social plans the ‘day of’ anything.  But I have found the theaters in my area that are screening on Monday.

If I’m able, I’ll go a few hours beforehand and try to get tickets.  If they’re sold out... then the 16th it is! 

Edit: my friend got us tickets!!!!  Fingers and toes crossed it’s a ‘good day!’ :D

I understand not making plans in advance (if that's what you meant).  I hope it's a good day for you too!  I should be ok with the recliner seating at the theater.  But I do wish one of us could have been there yesterday.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I understand not making plans in advance (if that's what you meant).  I hope it's a good day for you too!  I should be ok with the recliner seating at the theater.  But I do wish one of us could have been there yesterday.

I wish BOTH of us could’ve been in AP!

I was offered a ticket, but couldn’t go :( 

Yes, that’s what I meant.  Fingers crossed it’s a good day for both of us!!!!  And thank goodness you have those reclining seats!! 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yes, that’s what I meant.  Fingers crossed it’s a good day for both of us!!!!  And thank goodness you have those reclining seats!! 

I wish you could both have been there too. 

• Love Love Love! 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bettertohaveloved said:

No … go on, tell us.

Oh blimey, not again. People will get the wrong idea of me.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

The tickets were free, right?  I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned here.  Or was it?  I know I briefly read about it, probably saw it was invite only (not seeing tickets available on 1iota) and didn't think any further on it.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, PaleGreenEyes said:

Fathom Events is hosting “Springsteen Fan Event” screenings throughout theaters nationwide on Monday.  Apparently this will include “exclusive bonus content”. No word on what this exclusive content is though.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/blinded-by-the-light

hopefully not a double header with Springsteen and I

1 hour ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

The tickets were free, right?  I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned here.  Or was it?  I know I briefly read about it, probably saw it was invite only (not seeing tickets available on 1iota) and didn't think any further on it.

For AP?  I’m not sure.  We didn’t get that far in the conversation!  

Monday’s tickets aren’t free.