WKE066

Blinded By The Light (Movie)

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

For AP?  I’m not sure.  We didn’t get that far in the conversation!  

Monday’s tickets aren’t free.  

Yeah I meant AP.  

No, Monday's sure aren't free.  I'm paying a little more for recliner and dine in too.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 3

4 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people standing and suit

Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and night

Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, phone

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

Image may contain: 1 person, on stage, playing a musical instrument and night

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people on stage and indoor

That man is so lovely.

14 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Chadra saw Bruce in Wembley Arena in 1984.  Front row.  Only real fans saw that one.

:P

Yeah although she obviously meant to say 1981 in that interview (UK shows in the 80'2 were 81, 85 & 88 - with only 81 being indoors as she was referring to)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

Yeah although she obviously meant to say 1981 in that interview (UK shows in the 80'2 were 81, 85 & 88 - with only 81 being indoors as she was referring to)

He knows. ;)

• Haha 1

Daily Express gives Blinded by the Light a three star review...says the film is warm hearted but says the musical sequences are toe-curling embarrassing but this is balanced by the performance of Kulvinder Gir who plays Malik the main characters father.

• Like 1

It's definitely a film worth seeing but not surprised it has had mixed reviews

Not all films can (or even need to) be 5 stars. This one is 3 and a half to four stars for me - I still think that makes it terrific and I will watch it again - it is bigger than a movie it is a cultural phenomenon. I hope it gets widely viewed at the cinema and is a commercial success.

That balance is inherent in the whole Springsteen story. The fine line between commercial success and critical acclaim. Springsteen has straddled that line better than most. So it is no surprise a film which uses his music as a character has this to it too.

I just think it is a beautiful thing that has happened - this kid who gets into Springsteen at 17/18 years of age - goes on to pursue his career - scripts a movie which is aiming to straddle that same line between mass commercial appeal and pleasing Springsteen fans (heck) satisfying Bruce himself.

We can all nit pick, film buffs will nit pick, but it kinda does this quite well and I think it is shot beautifully and I am even more looking forward to visiting Luton in Januaryto see the Blues now Ha Ha!

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, BruceWho said:

I reckon she meant Wembley Stadium 85, but that's just me :lol:

1 hour ago, MacBruce said:

Daily Express gives Blinded by the Light a three star review...says the film is warm hearted but says the musical sequences are toe-curling embarrassing but this is balanced by the performance of Kulvinder Gir who plays Malik the main characters father.

Similar to The Guardian and what I was expecting to be honest. I doubt critics are going to award a feel good, warm hearted film 5 stars!

I am disappointed Simon Mayo & Mark Kermode are on holiday as I was looking forward to their review on Radio 5 this afternoon. It's Edith Bowman and some bloke I have never heard of sitting in.

17 minutes ago, jukeblue said:

Not all films can (or even need to) be 5 stars. This one is 3 and a half to four stars for me - I still think that makes it terrific and I will watch it again - it is bigger than a movie it is a cultural phenomenon. I hope it gets widely viewed at the cinema and is a commercial success.

That balance is inherent in the whole Springsteen story. The fine line between commercial success and critical acclaim. Springsteen has straddled that line better than most. So it is no surprise a film which uses his music as a character has this to it too.

I just think it is a beautiful thing that has happened - this kid who gets into Springsteen at 17/18 years of age - goes on to pursue his career - scripts a movie which is aiming to straddle that same line between mass commercial appeal and pleasing Springsteen fans (heck) satisfying Bruce himself.

We can all nit pick, film buffs will nit pick, but it kinda does this quite well and I think it is shot beautifully and I am even more looking forward to visiting Luton in Januaryto see the Blues now Ha Ha!

Well, blow me down sideways - another Blues supporter on the Lake!

17 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

I reckon she meant Wembley Stadium 85, but that's just me :lol:

Nah - she said she was in the "stalls" and obviously quite close / looking up at him and the energy etc - don't think she was down on the pitch in the scrum (not even a "pit" scenario back then!) in 1985...…...she is definitely referring to Wembley Arena, and 1981  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jukeblue said:

Well said - sure it's no Shawshank or Godfather or whatever - it is what it is - but I thoroughly enjoyed it and was pleased that there wasn't TOO much that was cheesy / cringeworthy and most of all I thought the use of Bruce's music (and how it was used) was almost perfect. I'm looking forward to seeing it again tonight with the family (want to support it!, and want them to see it) - and I may even me going again next week with my own "Roots".

• Bruuuuce! 1

From the author (horse's) mouth today on twitter!! 

Little request- if you watch #BlindedByTheLightMovie and enjoy it could you spread the word however you see fit? This is a low budget British indie with no stars and the only way films like this will survive in the cinema is if folks support them. Thank you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

From the author (horse's) mouth today on twitter!! 

Little request- if you watch #BlindedByTheLightMovie and enjoy it could you spread the word however you see fit? This is a low budget British indie with no stars and the only way films like this will survive in the cinema is if folks support them. Thank you.

i guess that puts everything into perspective 

its only a big deal to us 

I (almost) never go to the cinema. But it seems there is a one off showing at Wetherby Film Theatre next Friday night.

At the moment I'm the only person to have booked!

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I (almost) never go to the cinema. But it seems there is a one off showing at Wetherby Film Theatre next Friday night.

So sing loud and proud! :D

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

So sing loud and proud! :D

You might not say that if you had ever heard bTW Sing

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AMIW said:

You might not say that if you had ever heard bTW Sing

I'll second that.

• Haha 1

I went this afternoon.

I won't be going back on Sunday as I thought. :D

I'm sure many will enjoy it … I did … in places.

• Like 1

It's not something I'd go and see again, no.  Although I will probably give it some attention should it happen to come on the telly one day when I'm watching.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I'll second that.

Nah...! 

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I too almost never go to the cinema, once a year at most, but I've been looking and looking for a local showing and can't freakin' find one.  I saw something that too may have been a "one off" but I thought this film was being released like a normal movie, not just in select theatres. 

I'm starting to get annoyed.  I mean, I don't necessarily need to see it stat but I'd prefer it on big screen as opposed to my own tv and speakers.