NoSurrender81

Bruce Springsteen Announces New Western Stars Film

3 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Are you a bigger SSJ fan than Bruce fan would you say?

Not a leading question by the way. Just interested. 

Up until 1992 - Bruce.

After Human Touch/Lucky Town - Southside. His Better Days album was sublime.

Bruce is my all-time Number One. Southside stole my heart though. :)

I haven't bought any Southside albums for ages, not many Bruce albums either (Killers and Brandon get my pennies) but I have Western Stars of course. 

I enjoy lots of different bands/artists - I never was 'only' a Bruce fan - thankfully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eileen said:

Up until 1992 - Bruce.

After Human Touch/Lucky Town - Southside. His Better Days album was sublime.

Bruce is my all-time Number One. Southside stole my heart though. :)

I haven't bought any Southside albums for ages, not many Bruce albums either (Killers and Brandon get my pennies) but I have Western Stars of course. 

I enjoy lots of different bands/artists - I never was 'only' a Bruce fan - thankfully.

Thanks. Personally I’ve never been drawn to SSJ.

I like tons of different artists and styles too. Weirdly, or maybe not, it’s only Bruce’s work I really love from the whole “Bruce world”. Really enjoyed Stevie’s live show but I don’t buy, or seek out, his solo work. Same for all the rest of the band and that whole scene.

I am a fair fan of Gaslight Anthem who I only heard of through the Bruce connection I suppose. Hold Steady too. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Paris. *sigh*

Beautiful song.  Always reminded me of Hearts of Stone... 

Without Love is absolutely one of my all time favorites.  Always sounded like a Stevie to me, but I know it isn’t!  

• Love Love Love! 1

45 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Beautiful song.  Always reminded me of Hearts of Stone... 

Without Love is absolutely one of my all time favorites.  Always sounded like a Stevie to me, but I know it isn’t!  

Without Love is my favourite SSJ song.

Saw them twice and they are great live.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eileen said:

I've made a mess of quoting - too early - but have you heard of Hearts of Stone, an early album by Southside and the Lads?

Who wrote most of the songs on that album? Take a look at the music you're dissing.

What do you think I was refering to when I wrote he " is no songwriter"?;) I know this has been ponted out by other people in the thread but I think it need some rubbing in. :P

I am not dissing the songs Steve and Bruce wrote and gave him in the '70's by saying SSJ is no songwriter.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

What do you think I was refering to when I wrote he " is no songwriter"?;) I know this has been ponted out by other people in the thread but I think it need some rubbing in. :P

I am not dissing the songs Steve and Bruce wrote and gave him in the '70's by saying SSJ is no songwriter.

He does write songs but he's best known for singing songs better than the people who write them … that's why they give them to him. :)

:wub:

Hey, @MagicRatAFC - your pal comes on at the end.

• Like 1

Since I’ve now got tickets for both the first and second show of Western Stars at the Toronto Film Festival in a week or so, I decided to watch Springsteen on Broadway again.  

While the first part seems a bit forced, this Thunder Road is making me cry.  So beautiful.  

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I’m playing it again.  

This is where he’s talking about the beauty of the blank page when you are young, just daring you to write on it.  I swear, the first time I saw the show in April, he said, “not so many pages left anymore”, which truly ripped at my heart.  For him and for me.  He doesn’t say that in this show.  

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

14 hours ago, Eileen said:

He does write songs but he's best known for singing songs better than the people who write them … that's why they give them to him.

If that were the case I think Bruce would have sent his songs to someone like Rod Stewart instead. To me it's obvious Bruce gave the songs to SSJ to help him with his career.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TheBoss said:

If that were the case I think Bruce would have sent his songs to someone like Rod Stewart instead. To me it's obvious Bruce gave the songs to SSJ to help him with his career.

.......i wounder if Rod Stewart has ever covered a Bruce song ?

• Like 1

"All the Way Home"?.  Some things start out better than they end up...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trang said:

"All the Way Home"?.  Some things start out better than they end up...

his voice is great on that 

but i love the album version 

On 9/3/2019 at 12:16 AM, Promise61 said:

Fair point, well made.

But I have to say, having seen SSJ many many times over the years, the most goose bumpy moments have been versions of Walk Away Renee, Without Love and Paris. None of which were written by the Grimmer Twins.

I gave this a heart reaction thingy for Grimmer Twins

Classic

In the Netherlands the Western Stars movie Will be shown on Sunday november 17 in the theaters. Ticketsale starts monday september 23

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

11 minutes ago, Marnix said:

It looks like the movie is gonna get a showing in several Pathé cinema’s in the Netherlands only on november 17th

https://www.pathe.nl/film/24898/bruce-springsteen-western-stars

@Lampi you got your ticket yet ?

do you live close to Pathe

Marnix will you be able to catch a screening ?

10 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

@Lampi you got your ticket yet ?

do you live close to Pathe

Marnix will you be able to catch a screening ?

The ticketsale starts monday

@Daisey Jeep there are 3 cinema’s in The Hague where i live so i will get a ticket and go

• Bruuuuce! 1

1 minute ago, Marnix said:

The ticketsale starts monday

@Daisey Jeep there are 3 cinema’s in The Hague where i live so i will get a ticket and go

you might have to go twice (the 2nd time for me ;))

enjoy :)

and don't forget to  report back asap (please)

• Like 1