NoSurrender81

Bruce Springsteen Announces New Western Stars Film

I hope there’ll be a wider theatrical release. No way I’ll convince the missus I have to do Toronto when Broadway was a no go :D

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Which category? It's kind of confusing (when I am pretending to work rolleye113wb.gif)

I thought I would just go for the cheapest - $99.  I believe that the more you spend, the higher chance you have of getting a ticket, but I also don’t want to go overboard.  

TIFF told me this:  “TIFF Membership allows you to gain advanced package pre-sales and early access to tickets on August 31, which is two days ahead of the public. It also offers dedicated service at our Members' Box Office. The higher your level, the better your access to tickets and Member-exclusive events.”

Hmm.  But I’m not going to spend thousands.  :unsure:

Also, a friend of mine who has gone to TIFF through the years says it can take ages getting tickets -- basically hours in an online queue so have to wait until your number comes up, and keep refreshing.  Luckily I have no plans.  :lol:

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, AMIW said:

152i8z.jpg

sorry-folks-canadas-closed-moose-out-fro

the flights almost killed me last time

dont think I'll do Canada again :(

mind you if i win lotto .....

• Like 1

good luck to everyone in getting tickets to this :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is one of the most busy years ever for Bruce!  The netflix show (december), the new album, the movie Blinded by the lights, and now this movie/doc... I'm very happy!

• Bruuuuce! 3

24 minutes ago, salgari said:

This is one of the most busy years ever for Bruce!  The netflix show (december), the new album, the movie Blinded by the lights, and now this movie/doc... I'm very happy!

Don’t forget tracks 2 in November 

• Bruuuuce! 1

you know tracks 2 before the ESB tour would be wounderful 

like on the reunion tour

also it would be a real incentive to buy even more offical tour  nugs downloads

• Like 1

I seemed to recall hearing some chatter about Western Stars companion material being released before end-of-year.  I had visions of a Seeger Sessions American Land type of additional release (which I might have forked out $$$ for, but grudgingly).  However, if it indeed is just the movie then I wouldn't mind too much (Assuming they make the movie for purchase separate from the album proper, that is.)

Hard to imagine a Tracks 2 release this year, with Western Stars already out and a film on the way.  But we shall see.

As DJ said, good luck everyone trying for tickets!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, it's a concept album.  Who knew?

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

So, it's a concept album.  Who knew?

Well, quite.  It seems to me that the songs on WS are about several different characters.  It's a real stretch to imagine they're all the same bloke.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Well, quite.  It seems to me that the songs on WS are about several different characters.  It's a real stretch to imagine they're all the same bloke.

I wouldn’t have twigged I have to admit.

Definitely the same sort of character (on the whole) but not the same person.

He’s not adverse to “re imagining” his own work mind you. There’s a quite recent example where he’d previously said a song was about x and then later amended it to be a song about y. I’ll be buggered if I can remember what it was though! 

• Bruuuuce! 1

I must admit I see them as a few different characters. But I can see how the hitchhiker was a wayfarer roaming from town to town and made his new life out west before missing his girl, who he wanted to prove that a man can change when she arrived on the Tucson train. 

And the drive fast stuntman is just glad his boots are on after all his exertions over the years, being ‘shot’ by John Wayne and his injuries from mainly B film stunts. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Good luck to all our Canadian friends!

The more I read, the more I worry I won't get a ticket, since there appear to be 6-show ticket packages specifically for Gala Presentations and other premieres, and these have all sold out.  I just have to hope that TIFF types are not Bruce people -- that they are more about the typical Hollywood actors and directors, and that they will leave the Bruce show to us.  :) 

I don’t know if I’m excited or worried about this. I really like the album and I don’t want this to subtract from it the way the Hunter of Invisible Game vídeo did...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Joad said:

I don’t know if I’m excited or worried about this. I really like the album and I don’t want this to subtract from it the way the Hunter of Invisible Game vídeo did...

Denying us the eye candy TJ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, whispered secret said:

Denying us the eye candy TJ;)

He’s not my type... :( Had he invited Clive Owen to do it and I might have a different opinion!

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

Ha!  Sorry TJ, but I already loved it, and The Hunter vid actually ENHANCED the song for moi... 

• Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Joad said:

Very good point.

Sounds a bit like Neil Young'd Greendale shows, telling a story punctuated by the songs.

• Like 1

have said before it wouldnt surprise me if this album/story ended up on broadway "in some fashion" i do hope not

• Like 1

is this him playing the album live accompanied with a short movie? Are there actual actors in the movie or is it him acting?