NoSurrender81

Bruce Springsteen Announces New Western Stars Film

4 hours ago, Frank said:

Looks like something from the LT and TGOTJ photo sessions. 

Also, that table with the bottle of tequila might have a reference in the autobiography.

Isnt it from their honeymoon at the log cabin?

• Like 3

Just now, USAman said:

Isnt it from their honeymoon at the log cabin?

I think so. I should check.

51 minutes ago, Troublette said:

What are lollies?

sweets

unfortunately due to globalization and an evil American chocolate maker who uses inferrrior ingrediants and disregards customer taste, loyality and heritage not to mention a perfectly good up to date factory i hardly buy any of the old favourites any more (hate you now Cadbury) 

we have lost so many iconic NZ lollies in recent years or they have been ruined like taking the actual milk out of milk bottles 

however jaffas are tradional movie going fare and they have been outsauced to a firm in Pararaumu 

as a kid i actually liked a box of chocolate peanuts to munch on

"you want a lolly little girl ?"

a private joke when my friend would pick me up after work on a friday as she would wind down the car window 

Jaffas-AEM1.thumb.jpg.fba68a3882422ae9c0cd1fc4402a0976.jpg

90526993.jpeg

R2549609_40.jpg

of course for a lolly scramble you have to have wrapped lollies

26 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

sweets

unfortunately due to globalization and an evil American chocolate maker who uses inferrrior ingrediants and disregards customer taste, loyality and heritage not to mention a perfectly good up to date factory i hardly buy any of the old favourites any more (hate you now Cadbury) 

we have lost so many iconic NZ lollies in recent years or they have been ruined like taking the actual milk out of milk bottles 

however jaffas are tradional movie going fare and they have been outsauced to a firm in Pararaumu 

as a kid i actually liked a box of chocolate peanuts to munch on

"you want a lolly little girl ?"

a private joke when my friend would pick me up after work on a friday as she would wind down the car window 

Jaffas-AEM1.thumb.jpg.fba68a3882422ae9c0cd1fc4402a0976.jpg

90526993.jpeg

R2549609_40.jpg

of course for a lolly scramble you have to have wrapped lollies

I thought it was a shortened term for lollypops but that didn't seem quite right.

American chocolate is not comparable to chocolates from other parts of the world that are so much better. I've heard that the Cadbury chocolate still sold in England is the same but what you can find elsewhere is totally different since, I believe Nestle, bought them, but then I always thought the Cadbury eggs were way too sweet.

I don't know any of the candies you picture above!

1 hour ago, Troublette said:

I thought it was a shortened term for lollypops but that didn't seem quite right.

American chocolate is not comparable to chocolates from other parts of the world that are so much better. I've heard that the Cadbury chocolate still sold in England is the same but what you can find elsewhere is totally different since, I believe Nestle, bought them, but then I always thought the Cadbury eggs were way too sweet.

I don't know any of the candies you picture above!

oh Troublette

sad sigh

rant alart !

im really passonate about my chocolate 

our cadbury was delicious 

real milk not powder, collected in a purple milk tanker from dairy farms on the Otago peninsula, the farmers who's kids were in my class at school. no yucky additives to stop the chocolate melting 

and employing local people and back in the day you never heard even one person complain about working for Cadbury 

and if you were lucky enough to know someone who worked there who wouod being home brown paper bags of rejects 

thats how i fell in love with kiwifruit chocolate they used to market to the tourists - tasted like fruity caramel with little seeds 

more than a few years back they stopped making our own cream eggs and started importing the disgusting English made ones that are just sweet almost flourie gloop and no runny egg centre - the rot had started to set in 

this past eEaster they tried selling us half a marshmallow Easter egg because some foreign factory didn't know how to stick 2 halves together 

see the attached pic to see is how one shouid look 

and below that  that is what those wankers served us up this year instead

not me though, i don't touch the stuff

i just dont buy the crap any more 

do not start me on what they did to roses chocolates but they taste so disgusting and budget and they changed shape and even have budget wrappers and it tastes like the really yucky imported cheap chocolate thats for sale at Christmas, imported from China

Cadbury is now owned by Mondelēz International which used to be called Kraft foods, which might be fine for peanut butter, not for chocolate

they put cheap ingrediants before taste and they use palm oil which apart from being disastrous for the environment tastes like shit

In NZ just like our unique bird life, we had our own unique lollies we all grew up with, but now is as good a time as any to quite sugar entirely 

Cadbury made most of our most loved lollies under the Pascal brand but it always had the Dunedin address on it so you knew it was Cadbury

oh and our cadbury used to taste different because we use cane sugar in NZ not sugar beet

As far as English chocolate goes i love those segmented oranges from Fryes but as for Mondelelez's Cadbury they can go fuck them selves, us good people from Dunedin will never forgive them

cadbury-chocolate-marshmallow-easter-eggs-2012-bitten.jpg

v2-Cadbury-Marshmallow-Eggs -CREDIT-SHARON-ODONNELL-FACEBOOK-260119-1120-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

note this is still relevant because Bruce also grew up in a town with chocolate factory ;)

edit i had to go check to see what thread we were on ! 

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 5.57.15 AM.png

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Pretty much! :lol: (As long as there’s no butter on the popcorn.  I like mine plain with salt). 

Good Lord but that brings me waaaaaaay back! 

Yeah, no butter. Just popcorn, salt and Milk Duds.

You don't need the fake butter because you'll get plenty of vegetable oil from the fake chocolate coating.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

note this is still relevant because Bruce also grew up in a town with chocolate factory ;)

I thought it was an instant coffee factory, Nescafe?

• Like 1

Just now, Troublette said:

I thought it was an instant coffee factory, Nescafe?

and a chocolate factory

we also had a coffee factory in Dunedin ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

You don't need the fake butter because you'll get plenty of vegetable oil from the fake chocolate coating.

i love Reeces pieces and thank God i just checked and they are Hershey's

and invented by a dairy farmer

and lucky i just checked and milk duds are Hershey's too 

next time i see some im going to try this but im not too keen on the salted caramel craze...

11 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Popcorn and Goobers.  At the same time.  Yum!  Haven't had that in awhile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Goobers

Thanks. Now I have the ‘Goobers or Rasinettes’ song in my head :lol:.  Haven’t thought about that in YEARS!!  

Funny, I love peanut M&Ms, but never liked Goobers.  It’s Milk Duds and popcorn for me! 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

next time i see some im going to try this but im not too keen on the salted caramel craze...

Milk Duds aren't salted!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, took me long enough said:

So you walk on, through the dark, because that's where the next morning is...

Yep, loved that quote - but this one even more:

Were always trying to find somebody whose broken pieces fit with our broken pieces ... and something whole emerges

Fuck, that hit me close to the bone

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

oh Troublette

sad sigh

rant alart !

im really passonate about my chocolate 

our cadbury was delicious 

real milk not powder, collected in a purple milk tanker from dairy farms on the Otago peninsula, the farmers who's kids were in my class at school. no yucky additives to stop the chocolate melting 

and employing local people and back in the day you never heard even one person complain about working for Cadbury 

and if you were lucky enough to know someone who worked there who wouod being home brown paper bags of rejects 

thats how i fell in love with kiwifruit chocolate they used to market to the tourists - tasted like fruity caramel with little seeds 

more than a few years back they stopped making our own cream eggs and started importing the disgusting English made ones that are just sweet almost flourie gloop and no runny egg centre - the rot had started to set in 

this past eEaster they tried selling us half a marshmallow Easter egg because some foreign factory didn't know how to stick 2 halves together 

see the attached pic to see is how one shouid look 

and below that  that is what those wankers served us up this year instead

not me though, i don't touch the stuff

i just dont buy the crap any more 

do not start me on what they did to roses chocolates but they taste so disgusting and budget and they changed shape and even have budget wrappers and it tastes like the really yucky imported cheap chocolate thats for sale at Christmas, imported from China

Cadbury is now owned by Mondelēz International which used to be called Kraft foods, which might be fine for peanut butter, not for chocolate

they put cheap ingrediants before taste and they use palm oil which apart from being disastrous for the environment tastes like shit

In NZ just like our unique bird life, we had our own unique lollies we all grew up with, but now is as good a time as any to quite sugar entirely 

Cadbury made most of our most loved lollies under the Pascal brand but it always had the Dunedin address on it so you knew it was Cadbury

oh and our cadbury used to taste different because we use cane sugar in NZ not sugar beet

As far as English chocolate goes i love those segmented oranges from Fryes but as for Mondelelez's Cadbury they can go fuck them selves, us good people from Dunedin will never forgive them

cadbury-chocolate-marshmallow-easter-eggs-2012-bitten.jpg

v2-Cadbury-Marshmallow-Eggs -CREDIT-SHARON-ODONNELL-FACEBOOK-260119-1120-1.jpg

Not sure whether to give this a ha ha or a sad face emoji !  And this from the home of Cadbury.  I have seen anything like those marshmallow eggs

Just now, JaneyJaney said:

Not sure whether to give this a ha ha or a sad face emoji !  And this from the home of Cadbury.  I have seen anything like those marshmallow eggs

when this huge controversy was leading news stories here back at the others end of the year they said marshmellow easter eggs are more popular in NZ than any place else

you can also buy bags of foil wrapped ones

i store them in the freezer but they are all long gone now 

you know any eccuse

but nice to have with a cuppa instead of a bickkie

https://i.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/food-news/110377171/yes-you-can-still-find-an-eggshaped-marshmallow-easter-egg

1549581105216.jpg

7 minutes ago, JaneyJaney said:

i hope your Cadbury workers are being treated ok by their new world masters

23 hours ago, Troublette said:

What are lollies?

Sorry I read this in the early hrs and didn't reply, lollies, they can be ice cream or various different types of sweets/candy on a stick.

4 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Roll on October.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jmw said:

Sorry I read this in the early hrs and didn't reply, lollies, they can be ice cream or various different types of sweets/candy on a stick.

oh no :lol:

thats an iceblock :D:lol:;)

the world and the English language is a funny old thing 

of course 4.5 million people at the bottom.of the world have the definitive answer 

i do wounder what everyone else calls a lolly scramble ? 

you can't chuck ice creams on the lawn and expect kids to scramble around on hands and knees to score as many as they can cram in their grubby little hands and pockets :lol:

and a lolly pop would be a health and safety issue with the stick just waiting to impale little Johnny's leg or get poked into Susan's eye :lol:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

oh no :lol:

thats an iceblock :D:lol:;)

the world and the English language is a funny old thing 

of course 4.5 million people at the bottom.of the world have the definitive answer 

i do wounder what everyone else calls a lolly scramble ? 

you can't chuck ice creams on the lawn and expect kids to scramble around on hands and knees to score as many as they can cram in their grubby little hands and pockets :lol:

and a lolly pop would be a health and safety issue with the stick just waiting to impale little Johnny's leg or get poked into Susan's eye :lol:

Hah! This is why the term is confusing. It's being used to include and exclude different types of candies and sweets! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Troublette said:

Hah! This is why the term is confusing. It's being used to include and exclude different types of candies and sweets! 

isnt candy a hooker ? :lol:

mind you we still call cotton candy Candy Floss 

6 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Has he entered his twilight Johnny Cash period?  His voice sounds like it.