1 hour ago, Early North Jersey said:

An Ipod Through I Tunes .... where do i find this option ?!?

Sound check i guess ? I had gone in and manually adjusted some playback levels ..... But its sort of tedious !!

I've got an older IPod, and yes it's the sound check option... switch that on and it 'normalizes' volume across tracks. It's not perfect, if there's a really big difference in volume like some albums have you can still hear a slight difference but not the sort of blast-the- ear-drums emergency turn down effect you describe. I always have this option on if shuffling,  but I turn it off when listening to a single album /  concert because to my ears it works by dampening the louder and clearer songs compared to the quieter songs. So that a newer and 'better sounding' album will sound worse when listened to in isolation if Sound Check is on. And a quieter song that is mean't to sound quieter on a specific album will suddenly be amplified compared to the other songs on the same album.

43 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

I've got an older IPod, and yes it's the sound check option... switch that on and it 'normalizes' volume across tracks. It's not perfect, if there's a really big difference in volume like some albums have you can still hear a slight difference but not the sort of blast-the- ear-drums emergency turn down effect you describe. I always have this option on if shuffling,  but I turn it off when listening to a single album /  concert because to my ears it works by dampening the louder and clearer songs compared to the quieter songs. So that a newer and 'better sounding' album will sound worse when listened to in isolation if Sound Check is on. And a quieter song that is mean't to sound quieter on a specific album will suddenly be amplified compared to the other songs on the same album.

I guess i should try it ....Thanks !!!!

8 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Sound check i guess ? I had gone in and manually adjusted some playback levels ..... But its sort of tedious !!

don't do it Bob..........

daisy-animated-gif-9.gif

• Haha 1

Been gone for a few days, but last nights 5 pack. 

1. Death To My Hometown 7/11/13 Rome- Love every version of this song 

2. Born in the USA - 9/27/85 LA- Classic 

3. American Land- Wrecking Ball - Dancin Music

4. Wild Billy's Circus Story- least favorite on that album, matter as fact I would skip it if it wasn't due to this thread. 

5. You'll be Coming Down - Magic - Terribly Underrated 

Overall pretty good, but one. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

You'll be Coming Down - Magic - Terribly Underrated 

Ooooo, I LOVE this song :) 

And yes, American Land is dancing around the house music!  

• Like 3

@jmw, just posted her Bruce shuffle!

1. Hitch Hikin

2. The Wayfarer

3. Tuscon Train

4. Western Stars

5. Sleepy Joe's Cafe

This is about right isn't it? 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Ooooo, I LOVE this song :) 

And yes, American Land is dancing around the house music!  

Oooooo, hardly ever hear this song mentioned through out the board. You and I love it but how many else? 

Dancing around the kitchen per jmw. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

1. Hitch Hikin

2. The Wayfarer

3. Tuscon Train

4. Western Stars

5. Sleepy Joe's Cafe

Please can I change the first two, Horse and Moonlight motel, I am listening to the sound track to the film at the moment, Thunder. Road at the moment.

I hear it is very warm in dear old St Lou.

7 minutes ago, jmw said:

I hear it is very warm in dear old St Lou.

It's been a very weird day today, this morning we had heavy thunderstorms that caused flash flooding, and now 90 degrees and 70% humidity, it's awful outside right now.   

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Yeah, I always dance around all parts of the house.  :) 

(you should see when THE MEDLEY or Rosie comes on.  On second thought, maybe it’s best you don’t!) 

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Oooooo, hardly ever hear this song mentioned through out the board. You and I love it but how many else? 

i liked it enough to go and buy the banjo record :lol:

well it wasn't bloody well on it was it

fool was me

i had to then get the one with the bonus material on,  thanks  Backstreets 

1. Hitch Hikin

2. The Wayfarer

3. Tuscon Train

4. Western Stars

5. Sleepy Joe's Cafe

i got excitted as i  missed the first line :D

11 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

5. You'll be Coming Down - Magic - Terribly Underrated 

I agree; maybe because it was only a few  times played live. And because there are so many other great songs on Magic.

• Like 2

1. Western Stars - I really like this song! My brother isn't much of a Bruce fan, texted me how much he likes it. 

2. Two Hearts - (LIVE NYC) - WOW... always loved this version.

3. The Promised Land (1980 Tempe) - Incredible song. The writing on this tune is superior. 

4. Darkness on the Edge of Town (1980 Seattle) - One of my all-time faves of Bruce. A song of reality, yet with some hope and resolve. 

5. Darlington County (Lexington 1984) - A fun song in the city where I was born! What a show!!! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fadeaway said:

1. Western Stars - I really like this song! My brother isn't much of a Bruce fan, texted me how much he likes it. 

I know this is the wrong thread for this but have to ask your opinion on this. Do you believe your brother likes this tune because he isn't a Bruce fan? I ask because my wife isn't either, but loves this new album. I believe and she agrees because it doesn't sound like "The Bruce" I like? 

Anyway my five just finished: 

1. Atlantic City - Nebraska - Good enough

2. Streets of Fire- Darkness- Needs to get into more setlists

3. Shout - Pittsburgh 2014 - FUN, FUN, FUN

4. Point Blank - Chicago 2016 - Powerful

5. Growin Up - Tracks - OK 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Do you believe your brother likes this tune because he isn't a Bruce fan?

Perhaps so! He never really disliked Bruce, just not a super fan such as me. Haha. It does sound different than his usual or older material and maybe that’s why they like it. 

• Like 1

Did it again.. haha

1. Man's Job (1993 Jersey) - Not one of his greats, but still adequate and a good listen live.

2. Night (2016 Philly) - upcoming unpopular post... I've never enjoyed this tune and usually skip it. LOL

3. I Fought the Law (1984 Philly) - great cover!!! 

4. Backstreets (Alternative lyrics) (Running Out of Innocence) - AWESOMENESS!!!!

5. Out In the Street (1980 Portland) - the "mountain show"... one of my favorite boots and such a fun song live! 

• Like 3

On 8/20/2019 at 8:52 AM, fadeaway said:

Man's Job (1993 Jersey) - Not one of his greats, but still adequate and a good listen live.

I actually like this song quite a lot (talk about an unpopular opinion!  :lol:).   

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I actually like this song quite a lot (talk about an unpopular opinion!  :lol:).  

For music it is one of the best songs on HT and Bruce sings beautiful. The lyrics are embarassing bad.

In reverse a song like The Long Goodbye has rather good (not great) lyrics but the music is nothing special.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lampi said:

For music it is one of the best songs on HT and Bruce sings beautiful. The lyrics are embarassing bad.

In reverse a song like The Long Goodbye has rather good (not great) lyrics but the music is nothing special.

Sorry, I really like both of these.  A lot.  Music and lyrics.   

31 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Sorry, I really like both of these.  A lot.  Music and lyrics.   

Lets face it Gus you love everything.:P

• Bruuuuce! 1

I only have studio album versions.  I don't have any live stuff.  I got:

1. Jungleland

2. Wreck On The Highway

3. Blood Brothers

4. Hitch Hiking

5. Rendezvous

• Love Love Love! 1

Lets face it Gus you love everything.:P

Ha!  You of all people know that’s not true!  

Now there aren’t that many, but there are for sure a few I don’t ever listen to voluntarily, and some I can take or leave. 

But yes, the vast, VAST majority I either like, like a lot, love or LOOOOOOOOOVE! :D

• Bruuuuce! 2

7 hours ago, Lampi said:

No way! Check it out. Listen to the first two verses. In isolation...well, yeah. They're bad. Embarrassing? Maybe so! I certainly disregarded this song the first few dozen times I heard it. It's cheesy, meaningless, boring bravado. Throwaway pop garbage the likes of which we all know Bruce is typically superior to. The exact opposite of the endearingly vulnerable honesty we see in a song like Tougher Than The Rest.

But that's the point and it's really necessary to set up the rest of the song, which in my opinion is a great payoff.

"You're dancing with him, he's holding you tight
I'm standing here waiting to catch your eye
Your hand's on his neck as the music sways
All my illusions slip away"

Ah hah. This is it. This is the indictment. The facade fails and all that meaningless macho rubbish falls apart. This guy isn't the suave player he's making himself sound like in the first half of the song. He's a phony. He's a goof, just like anyone who has ever stood in the shadows waiting for that guy or girl to finally notice them and thinking "this is fine I'm doing great" while actually dying inside.

"Now if you're looking for a hero, someone to save the day
Well darling my feet they're made of clay
But I've got something in my soul I wanna give it up
But getting up the nerve, getting up the nerve
Hmm getting up the nerve is a man's man's job"

And this is the person who is embarrassed by the first two verses, who has had the realization that they're nothing special. Instead of cheap swagger, they are now choosing the vulnerable honesty we typically expect in Bruce's lyrics. They're ready to grow and have learned something from the pain.

I love it.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 8/10/2019 at 5:50 AM, Early North Jersey said:

It should do the leveling automatically.

This works in all versions of iTunes for both Windows and Mac OS X:

From the iTunes menu, navigate down to ‘Preferences’
Click on the ‘Playback’ tab at the top
Select the checkbox next to “Sound Check”
Now select ‘OK’

You may have to restart itunes.

• Thanks 3