Sign in to follow this  
JustDan

Genesis - A Comeback?/...

5 hours ago, JustDan said:

dude....why are so uptight? As John Riggins of the Washington Redskins said to Justice Sandra Day-O'Connor at a charity event... "Loosen up Sandy baby"

Dude, why have you been jumping my ass the past few days?  I have no beef with you.

So no Gabriel and a Phil who some on here were in pain watching him perform two years ago, something like that.

Hope the fans enjoy but no freaking thank you.  

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Dude, why have you been jumping my ass the past few days?  I have no beef with you.

I thought you were needling me on the LiveNation thread, so I was needling back, but I thought all of this was sort of in a good-naturedly kind of way. A misunderstanding on my part...obviously. My bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JustDan said:

I thought you were needling me on the LiveNation thread, so I was needling back, but I thought all of this was sort of in a good-naturedly kind of way. A misunderstanding on my part...obviously. My bad.

It's all good. I make it pretty obvious if I'm poking someone.

• Like 1

Approx £69 to £186 plus fees. Or there are those expensive hotel and premium packages too! 

I did the kindly brotherly thing and got my sister 4 for her and her mates this morning in a  presale for Birmingham,  my credit card said ouch!  

She saw Phil a few years back and was keen to go again so I guess all is good for her!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I presume Philly will be sittin' behind the drums this time.  

But still.  

No I don’t think so, I think his son is drumming......  like I think he did for his solos shows a few years back. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I presume Philly will be sittin' behind the drums this time.  

But still.  

No I read somewhere that Phil will not be playing drums. 

This is from Rolling Stone: The band has not played together in any capacity since the end of the Turn It on Again tour in 2007. The lineup this time features classic-era members Phil Collins, Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford, along with long-time touring guitarist/bassist Daryl Stuermer and, for the first time, Phil’s son Nic Collins on drums.

1 hour ago, ukjohnney said:

Approx £69 to £186 plus fees.

Out of curiosity I looked to see what I could get at Leeds for the lowest price. Row C of the third tier in the second Block from the edge was better than I expected. Had I wanted to go I would have been content with that seat.

13 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Out of curiosity I looked to see what I could get at Leeds for the lowest price. Row C of the third tier in the second Block from the edge was better than I expected. Had I wanted to go I would have been content with that seat.

Cheapest of the few seats left for Glasgow on the pre-sale last night was £130 - and that was up in the gods. Still took it!

Unless you wanted the front-row VIP dining experience at £750. I'd be expecting sautéed Squonk sweetbreads for that sort of money

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, thomam said:

Cheapest of the few seats left for Glasgow on the pre-sale last night was £130 - and that was up in the gods. Still took it!

Unless you wanted the front-row VIP dining experience at £750. I'd be expecting sautéed Squonk sweetbreads for that sort of money

I have to say Hackett at the London Palladium the month before the Genesis London shows with Steve running through Seconds Out......I know where I’d rather be, and will be.....and at £60 for a great seat.....and his band are magnificent. That said, the Genesis shows will of course be wonderful.

I had a brief spell of liking Genesis in my teenage years - up to Lamb Lies Down. Saw them play at the Liverpool Empire on the 'Selling' and 'Lamb Lies Down' tours. Anything post Gabriel just never did it for me and once punk and new wave  happened this type of British prog rock just sounded so limp and old fogeyish. I even struggle with the early stuff these days - I've tried through Youtube.. A lot of it now sounds really contrived to sound 'complicated'  and lacks any sense of groove or grit.or even melody - though there's a decent guitar solo on Firth of Forth.

It's the sound of affluent white Tory middle England - back in the '70's they were hugely popular with grammar school boys who thought it was clever to obsess over this kind of tosh and then wondered why they couldn't get girlfriends

There's a New Order and Pet Shop Boys joint tour next year for people interested real heart thumping, fist pumping back to the floor UK sounds. 

• Haha 1