Sign in to follow this  
JustDan

Newly Expanded & Remastered Abbey Rd. Coming in November

I think he means a necessary evil in order to extend the copyright on them by 20 years.

Capture.JPG

Interesting to see what happens with Get Back / Let It Be. As those sessions are also 50 years old the sound recordings will be out of copyright next year and fair game for a flood of unofficial releases if there's no official release.

15 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I think he means a necessary evil in order to extend the copyright on them by 20 years.

Capture.JPG

Oh shut up Ringo...you old fart. I like outtakes.

• Like 1

I will want to get this...

• Like 3

690808_abbey-road_01.jpg

beatles.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/4/2019 at 2:09 PM, Born To Walk said:

Interesting to see what happens with Get Back / Let It Be. As those sessions are also 50 years old the sound recordings will be out of copyright next year and fair game for a flood of unofficial releases if there's no official release.

A great amount of the videos from those sessions have been turned over to Peter Jackson for a "new" documentary.  I would expect the majority of the Let It Be film to appear if Paul gets off his high horse and lets it come out.  Probably in conjunction with the demos/remastering.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/30/689961544/peter-jackson-to-direct-documentary-on-the-beatles-recording-let-it-be

Bet the locals loved this. If you're ever in London, the battle between tourists and motorists for use of the road is the best free show in town.

_108246719_abbeyroad2.jpg

• Haha 1

I skipped the White Album box but this one I'll go for.

16 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Gee whizz.  Barrel.  Bottom.

So you won't be buying the BITUSA box then?

On 8/8/2019 at 7:38 PM, Born To Walk said:

On 8/8/2019 at 7:38 PM, Born To Walk said:

Their track record with the archive box sets is impressive.  No barrel scraping so far.

;)

13 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Their track record with the archive box sets is impressive.  No barrel scraping so far.

;)

The Beatles? Yes, I agree :P

In September 1969 the Beatles were planning a new album...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/sep/11/the-beatles-break-up-mark-lewisohn-abbey-road-hornsey-road

Fascinating stuff..

........we hear John suggesting that each of them should bring in songs as candidates for the single. He also proposes a new formula for assembling their next album: four songs apiece from Paul, George and himself, and two from Ringo – “If he wants them.” John refers to “the Lennon-and-McCartney myth”, clearly indicating that the authorship of their songs, hitherto presented to the public as a sacrosanct partnership, should at last be individually credited.

Then Paul – sounding, shall we say, relaxed – responds to the news that George now has equal standing as a composer with John and himself by muttering something mildly provocative. “I thought until this album that George’s songs weren’t that good,” he says, which is a pretty double-edged compliment since the earlier compositions he’s implicitly disparaging include Taxman and While My Guitar Gently Weeps. There’s a nettled rejoinder from George: “That’s a matter of taste. All down the line, people have liked my songs.”

John reacts by telling Paul that nobody else in the group “dug” his Maxwell’s Silver Hammer, a song they’ve just recorded for Abbey Road, and that it might be a good idea if he gave songs of that kind – which, John suggests, he probably didn’t even dig himself – to outside artists in whom he had an interest, such as Mary Hopkin, the Welsh folk singer. “I recorded it,” a drowsy Paul says, “because I liked it.”

• Like 1