i really appreate that Rumble

i owe you a favour ;)

24 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

thank you :)

i really appreate that Rumble

i owe you a favour ;)

I just saw I misspelled your name

sorry Daisey 

Before considering answers to the "Holy Grail" question, I believe two rules must be taken into consideration. First, that the show must be LEGENDARY. Not good, not great, not amazingly fantastic. LEGEN-FREAKIN-DARY. Second, that the show must currently exist only in suboptimal audio quality, or not at all. NO RADIO BROADCASTS! NO SOUNDBOARDS! 

To get to the point...I believe that leaves only two Holy Grail contenders.

1) A Night for the Vietnam Vets

2) Final night of Chicken Scratch

Anyway this is all my silly opinion, but there it is.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Rumble said:

sorry Daisey 

oh no problem :)

the honest truth is it's me who misspelled it in the first place:lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

Before considering answers to the "Holy Grail" question, I believe two rules must be taken into consideration. First, that the show must be LEGENDARY. Not good, not great, not amazingly fantastic. LEGEN-FREAKIN-DARY. Second, that the show must currently exist only in suboptimal audio quality, or not at all. NO RADIO BROADCASTS! NO SOUNDBOARDS! 

So much this!  Agree 100% on your criteria.  That's why I voted for 8/20/1981 on Nugs.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

Rule 1 is an important rule and is consistent with the show being holy grail but rule 2 of your self-described and self imposed “silly opinion” is absolutely arbitrary and makes no sense at all and has nothing to do with the query by Nugs: what’s the holy grail . . . you’d love to see? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rumble said:

Rule 1 is an important rule and is consistent with the show being holy grail but rule 2 of your self-described and self imposed “silly opinion” is absolutely arbitrary and makes no sense at all and has nothing to do with the query by Nugs: what’s the holy grail . . . you’d love to see? 

Dial it down.

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

Dial it down.

Really? 

Rule 2 is arbitrary and makes no sense and has nothing to do with the Nugs tweet

Nothing was personal 

Those are the facts 

no need dial down facts 

And I’m not the one who used caps, heroof virtue

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

b6459864891f93e201eb300894a66548.jpg

I know, right

trying to impose two rules that “must be taken into consideration”

it is a celebration from Nugs 

“what’s the holy grail . . . you’d love to see”

the guy even contradicted his own rule “NO SOUNDBOARDS” when he said the Vets show was only 1 of two contenders: I guess he didn’t know there's at least a partial 8/20/81 soundboard

that's one of the problems when you highjack a topic and start imposing rules where none existed or should exist

Nugs: what would you love to see released 

it ain’t complicated 

Why not celebrate the invitation from Nugs 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gsquare said:

Funny timing to that tweet.  I hadn't really dived into the Nugs catelog until over the past weekend, and in doing so I found one of my holy grails.  The Jerry Garcia Band at the Warner Theatre in DC from 1978.  Been playing it LOUD in my car all week.

Have you told @JimCT about this?

I gave her a running over last night for the first time in ages.

Intense, beautiful, breathless. But that's enough about me.

Seriously, the best thing I've ever heard, even in low fi.

7 hours ago, Rumble said:

sorry Daisey 

Does that render the whole tweet invalid;)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I gave her a running over last night for the first time in ages.

Intense, beautiful, breathless. But that's enough about me.

Seriously, the best thing I've ever heard, even in low fi.

Without doubt one of his greatest ever shows and if I could pick two, it would be Vets and Passaic 1 but if I have to choose, it is still Passaic 1 for me.  I don’t care how good the CC version is, I still want an official version.  Both of the above should get the Clearmountain treatment too.

Shows I would dearly love would be Nashville 74, Kansas City Night 84, Lincoln Nebraska 84, Where the Rivers Meet 84, Steel Mill and Bruce Springsteen Band but the Holy Grail show has to be the one show you couldn’t live without and for me, that will always be Passaic Night 1.

But that said, give me the Vets show next month and I will be over the moon still.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, gsquare said:

Funny timing to that tweet.  I hadn't really dived into the Nugs catelog until over the past weekend, and in doing so I found one of my holy grails.  The Jerry Garcia Band at the Warner Theatre in DC from 1978.  Been playing it LOUD in my car all week.

I did the same with their Metallica shows and picked up a couple at the weekend after skipping this month’s Bruce release.  I think they have taken it to a whole new level as not only can you download individual tracks (albeit only in mp3) but if you enter the barcode from your ticket stub, you can get the show you went to for free.

They also gave away a copy of the latest album with their tickets so whilst the ticket for the Twickenham show I went to wasn’t cheap, you do get a lot of extras.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

or not at all.

This one then: the second, late show in Cambridge 9 May 1974, with Jon Landau in the audience, with the 'I saw the future of rock and roll'  review as a result. There is no known audio from this show, the late show.

There is audio -and bootlegs- from the first, early show on 9 May 1974, but Landau was not at the first show.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 6:49 PM, Promise61 said:

That would be like trying to describe colours to a blind person. 

We all assumed that Nugs had two or three shows ready to roll at any one time, last month showed that might not be so. Is this survey in support of identifying what would be the biggest show for the fans to celebrate the big 70 next month?

• Like 4

Of course you clowns list every possible show. ;)

There is only ONE Holy Grail...

...come to think of it, there is no Holy Grail.  

My Grail is whatever the best Bottom Line show is, unless somehow the tapes are terrible.  

The Lennon show comes to mind.  

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:48 AM, risingaurora said:

Interesting tweet from Nugs - asking fans to name their holy grail of live releases. 

Clear majority stating Vets '81 show. Are they testing the water? Responding to the lukewarm response to releases in last two months? Maybe they know the Vets show is the one and they are lining it up anyway. This could be a tease.

Or of course it could mean SFA. 

Two months? I thought the month before this one+ had been 12/29/1980 and 12/31/1980 remix?

3 hours ago, Patrick Holland said:

Two months? I thought the month before this one+ had been 12/29/1980 and 12/31/1980 remix?

From the posts I’ve seen and the fans I spoke to, many felt wronged by Nugs not giving any $ credit for those who bought the first 12/31/80 release and having to pay full price, again, in order to purchase a physical copy of the same show ~ 4 years later. 

And then the very next month Nugs releases a 10 song show - a week late - that didn’t appear to be high on most people’s ‘holy grail’ list and that many felt wasn’t worthy of a stand alone release - add in the backstreets hype of digging deep into the vault for the next release after the  Nassau shows and the cost of just less than $1/bridge song for flac compared to ~ .37/song for flac for 12/29/80.

Also Compare the bridge “value” to releasing both no nukes shows as a package for .56/flac song

Hence “lukewarm”

Nugs is smart to be doing some pr work after the last 2 months.

hopefully it is not just a pr stunt and the September release will be worthy of the Nugs holy grail label 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:06 PM, Rumble said:

highjack a topic

When did that happen?

And it's hijack. High Jack is the guy I used to buy pot from.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

When did that happen?

And it's hijack. High Jack is the guy I used to buy pot from.

It is called satiric misspelling

so, no, it is “highjack”