risingaurora

Nugs asking fans for views on 'holy grail' live release

I don't think you're quite clear on what satiric misspelling is.

Both Winterland shows, esp. the second (why hasn't the first one been released on Columbia, around a million years ago?!???)

and the Forum '78

and any other '78 shows (Seattle?) that we DON'T have in stellar quality.

Any Bottom Line shows

Then the Vietnam Vets show 8/20/81

• Like 2

If you move the Vietnam vets show to the top of your list, I'll like your post.

• Haha 4

On 8/14/2019 at 8:10 PM, Rumble said:

Rule 1 is an important rule and is consistent with the show being holy grail but rule 2 of your self-described and self imposed “silly opinion” is absolutely arbitrary and makes no sense at all and has nothing to do with the query by Nugs: what’s the holy grail . . . you’d love to see? 

It makes perfect sense.  How can anything be "the Holy Grail" - the most sought after legend - if we already have it?

Anyway nothing's been hijacked.  They simply gave their own opinion of what a holy grail would be (and qualified it as opinion multiple times).

3 hours ago, lazysean said:

It makes perfect sense.  How can anything be "the Holy Grail" - the most sought after legend - if we already have it?

Anyway nothing's been hijacked.  They simply gave their own opinion of what a holy grail would be (and qualified it as opinion multiple times).

Did you read his post?  His second rule is "that the show must currently exist only in suboptimal audio quality, or not at all."  His rule, the one you say "makes perfect sense" presumes that one option for the holy grail is that "we already have it."  Therefore your first question "How can anything be 'the Holy Grail" . . . if we already have it" contradicts his second rule, once again a rule that you say "makes perfect sense."  You see how ridiculous this rule thing is getting, right.

Moreover, two of the most requested shows in response to Nugs are Winterland and Vets, both shows that circulate widely.  Winterland also violates his second rule "NO RADIO BROADCASTS."

These are but a few examples of why imposing rules to a question of "what’s the holy grail . . . you’d love to see" is absolutely arbitrary and makes no sense at all and has nothing to do with the query by Nugs: what’s the holy grail . . . you’d love to see. 

Moreover, holy grail is generally understood to mean, in addition to the original cup or platter from the Last Super, "a thing that is being earnestly pursued or sought after."  Many of us earnestly want Nugs to release a board from the Vets show (who knows if a sbd exists, hence the request from Nugs for "holy grail") or a complete Winterland show, particularly with the uncertainty of what the last song played was on 12/15. 

Crikey.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rumble said:

These are but a few examples of why imposing rules to a question of "what’s the holy grail . . . you’d love to see" is absolutely arbitrary 

Yes. Maybe someone's holy grail is a release of a show he/she saw in person.

And nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

Crikey.

Indeed.  I'm guessing the username Pontificator was already taken when this guy joined up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lampi said:

Yes. Maybe someone's holy grail is a release of a show he/she saw in person.

And nothing wrong with that.

well Moncton's set list didn't feature prove it with our without the 78 intro (it was played  the night before)

and i have a really crappy audiences bootleg - ones of those ones whose quality is described as 'only of interest if you were there', there is unpleasent audience yelling and screaming that really ruins it because it drowns out Bruce and ESB and the yelling is really shrill - possibly that mother of the hyde park Sunny day kid was in New Brunswick on holiday 

but i would love a propper release as it was my first show

now the setlist may not excite other fans

but the actual sound at that venue i now know was supburb and not at all typical, it also not being a typical stadium venue for its stadium setlist

and if anyone gets the opertunity to see anything of any jonera (excuse spelling) and i include possible further visits from the holy see, the sound alone is well worth a trip of 32 hours to get to Magnetic hill

you can imangine my disappointment at realizing not every venue sounds like this ......

15 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

now the setlist may not excite other fans

Judging shows you were not in person only by the setlist (and the lenght of the show, for that matter) is one of the worst sins of Bruce Springsteen fans, sadly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lampi said:

Judging shows you were not in person only by the setlist (and the lenght of the show, for that matter) is one of the worst sins of Bruce Springsteen fans, sadly.

too true

i came back to my empty hotel room after one of my Auckland shows to find some arse hole ripping my show to shreds ....i gave him what for 

• Like 2