Mayo

A Bruce - related story for August

Thanks for sharing that. Great post.

• Like 1

Wow.  Such a heartfelt, heartbreaking, beautiful post.  Thank you so much for sharing.  

• Like 1

Just beautiful and profound and what being a Bruce fan is all about. 

Thank you for sharing. 

Apropos of nothing, I just moved to Chapel Hill from PA.  A new promised land.

• Like 3

Painful, yet powerful, post. Eating disorders are an extremely difficult disorder to address. It saddens me.

• Like 3

That is a truly amazing Bruce moment. Lauren somehow had something to do with the setlist that night. I am sorry for all who loved her.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

That is a truly amazing Bruce moment. Lauren somehow had something to do with the setlist that night. I am sorry for all who loved her.

Bruce said it was by request.  I've wondered what the song meant to the requester.  At any rate, it seemed magical to me then, and still does.

• Like 2

Thank you for that. Great post and read.

We all hope to be honoured when we are gone by great, true friends like you.

• Like 5

That's a great post, Mayo - thanks for sharing it. And a reminder of the many ways that Bruce's music has touched our lives and those around us. Even if he never played that song in 2005 (but how great that he did!) Sad Eyes will forever have a place in your heart as you move through life. What a gift his music has been to all of us. 

Incidentally, Sad Eyes is my wife's all-time favourite Bruce song. She's not a huge fan of his but she comes to lots of concerts with me and dreams of one day hearing it live. It blows my mind he's only done it once in concert. Someday maybe. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zambini said:

That's a great post, Mayo - thanks for sharing it. And a reminder of the many ways that Bruce's music has touched our lives and those around us. Even if he never played that song in 2005 (but how great that he did!) Sad Eyes will forever have a place in your heart as you move through life. What a gift his music has been to all of us. 

Incidentally, Sad Eyes is my wife's all-time favourite Bruce song. She's not a huge fan of his but she comes to lots of concerts with me and dreams of one day hearing it live. It blows my mind he's only done it once in concert. Someday maybe. 

I hope she hears it one day!

• Like 1