Has anyone else seen this yet?  It’s not what I expected at all!!  

Live versions of songs, and unseen Bruce footage from ages ago.  And stories.  

Now I really can’t wait!   

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

YouTube link on the other thread.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Looks great, but Bruce sounds about one hundred years old when he's speaking.

Ha, he so does.  He's sounded that for a while now though, it's shocking to me in a way how strong he sounds on Broadway through the spoken parts coz his speaking voice normally ain't that strong, it hasn't been for a long time, so it sounds.  

Even when he calls into E Street.  Most voices do go lower with age, his wouldn't be any different so dunno how he can still sing so great. 

Really starting to look his age...

9 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Ha, he so does.  He's sounded that for a while now though, it's shocking to me in a way how strong he sounds on Broadway through the spoken parts coz his speaking voice normally ain't that strong, it hasn't been for a long time, so it sounds.  

Even when he calls into E Street.  Most voices do go lower with age, his wouldn't be any different so dunno how he can still sing so great. 

Hey Kay, creeper Jimmy going to the movies by himself again tomorrow night. See Blinded By The Light, so I'll see this trailer. 

Wasn't very keen on this new album when first hit, but I'm getting more and more use to it with every listen. I still haven't had the courage to play the whole album at once. But I am excited about this new movie Western Star. Hopefully it doesn't let me down like Broadway did. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobfan1976 said:

Looks great, but Bruce sounds about one hundred years old when he's speaking.

Yeah, that really threw me. Since we've heard him speak in the past year and he didn't sound nearly that old, and since he's not a smoker, I'm going to assume it's...not exactly intentional, but that he's speaking in an at least slightly lower register that tends to have a bit more vocal fry than when he's trying to project on a Broadway stage or in a regular interview. Or maybe his voice has really aged 10 years in the past year. 

I'm interested in this but wasn't over the moon excited. I'm now was more excited than I was, in part because it seems to show that he realizes how special this album is, something the first press announcements didn't seem to indicate. (I wonder if how rapturously it's been received has changed his mind, or if this was always planned? Am I remembering correctly that the film wasn't announced for nearly a month and a half after the album's release? I'm not sure I am.) 

The other thing that struck me is how goddamn brave he is in speaking so publicly about his very human flaws. 

• Like 7

I mean, he puts on a different voice for every single album he does, so maybe "one hundred years old" is just the vibe he's going for right now? Hard to tell.

It seems like a lot of this is him working through some stuff with his marriage in a tactfully vague way. Hmm, film-length music video, reflecting on marital issues and reconciliation - I wonder if he watched "Lemonade" and got some ideas.

• Like 2

Guys, I've played this a couple of times now, I don't heard 100 years old at all. I hear him as he did on the Broadway show. But he doesn't sound 100. 

• Like 6

Looks fabulous, yes he does sound different, reminds me of Woody Harrelson at times...... I love the snippets of the home movies.

• Like 2

I should have added he still sounds remarkably strong when singing, I also noticed the 'orses, have become horses...

• Haha 3

His singing sounds great from those snippets. I didn’t expect that. I’m really looking forward to it.

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

His singing sounds great from those snippets. 

Especially Hitch Hikin'.  Sounds magnifique.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Hey Kay, creeper Jimmy going to the movies by himself again tomorrow night. See Blinded By The Light, so I'll see this trailer. 

Wasn't very keen on this new album when first hit, but I'm getting more and more use to it with every listen. I still haven't had the courage to play the whole album at once. But I am excited about this new movie Western Star. Hopefully it doesn't let me down like Broadway did. 

If you're a creeper for going to the movies solo then so am I, went to see Blinded yesterday, probably had a better time by myself as a diehard.  No one in my circles would get out of it what I do anyway, so best heading solo for these things.  Don't need to worry about anyone else.  

• Like 5

I know the album so well now that hearing it live in this film will be a whole other experience.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

He's entered the Twilight Johnny Cash years.  Hopefully Bruce will have a much longer run yet to go.  Seems a lot healthier than Cash was at 70, that's for sure.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mayo said:

He's entered the Twilight Johnny Cash years.  Hopefully Bruce will have a much longer run yet to go.  Seems a lot healthier than Cash was at 70, that's for sure.

As long as he is still up for another rocking tour with the E Street Band next year...

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

(Before anyone gets excited and pisses themselves, I made this. This is not official)

westernstarsposter-small.thumb.jpg.9cc3c8fb43f9d9375c3c6cfcc92fd7bb.jpg

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 3

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I was going with a friend, then she went very quiet, so I was going on my own, mentioned this to big sister, now going with her and my brother in law on Wednesday afternoon, I went to my first Bruce concert with him after a friend let me down, he was a fan and loved it. Glad you are starting to like the album.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mayo said:

If we're making the Cash connection God help us all if something were to happen to Patti.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, lilbud said:

(Before anyone gets excited and pisses themselves, I made this. This is not official)

westernstarsposter-small.thumb.jpg.9cc3c8fb43f9d9375c3c6cfcc92fd7bb.jpg

I was originally going to post this over on BTX with no caption or explanation. But after the fake website thing, my ass would probably be tarred and feathered.

• Haha 1

For people commenting on how "old" Bruce sounds narrating this trailer, did you happen to listen to the audiobook of his autobiography? To me, he's sounded weary like this for several years now. Then again, he's always been a soft and raspy speaker when he's not on stage.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jmw said:

I was going with a friend, then she went very quiet, so I was going on my own, mentioned this to big sister, now going with her and my brother in law on Wednesday afternoon, I went to my first Bruce concert with him after a friend let me down, he was a fan and loved it. Glad you are starting to like the album.

can i tag alone?

ill buy the popcorn and bring the lollies

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

can i tag alone?

ill buy the popcorn and bring the lollies Milk Duds.

• Haha 5