8 hours ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

If we're making the Cash connection God help us all if something were to happen to Patti.

:(...The clips of Him and Patti are quite heartwarming ...

• Like 6
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

And also, remember he had surgery on his vocal chords (?) a few years ago. 

I thought I read that the surgery he had was on his neck?  It was causing stiffness in his back, and a numbness in his arm/hand.  My friend had a similar surgery.  She sings in a band and they took great pains to NOT touch her vocal cords.  

Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) is a surgery to remove a herniated or degenerative disc in the neck. An incision is made in the throat area to reach and remove the disc. A graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.

1 minute ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I thought I read that the surgery he had was on his neck?  It was causing stiffness in his back, and a numbness in his arm/hand.  My friend had a similar surgery.  She sings in a band and they took great pains to NOT touch her vocal cords.  

Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) is a surgery to remove a herniated or degenerative disc in the neck. An incision is made in the throat area to reach and remove the disc. A graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.

Oh ... yes! 

2 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Anyway, getting back on topic...I like the Western Stars trailer more than I like most movies.

Has there been any information on the release as far as where it will be showing? I'm assuming it's a limited run, which is why I think we'll see a DVD release shortly after. Bruce may be king around here, but a conceptual concert film of his latest album isn't going to be a blockbuster. I'm wondering how far I'll have to ride to see it. Los Angeles? San Diego? Somewhere in the OC?

I said the same thing to my Wife today....I will drive all night to see Western Stars on the big screen.

Jersey, I will meet you in L.A.!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bettertohaveloved said:

Noisy food is mine.  I despise eating in the cinema anyway.  It is not necessary.   a040.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bosstralian said:
5 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

What are lollies over there? 

'Lollies' here is a generic term for all confectionery or sweets. So Milk Duds and the others in Daisey's photo would all fall under the broad banner of 'lollies', along with other hard and soft confectionery. I think we use the term in the same way you folks use 'candies' as a catch all.

Lollies in the UK is short for lollipops, which means a sweet on a stick. 
We have ice lollies too.  I think that's called a popsicle in the USA.
No stick, the collective term is sweets.  Although a lolly would be classed among sweets.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

What are lollies over there? Over here, they were one of my favorite candies as a kid. I love them so much that I actually bought a 120 count tub of them on Amazon last year. The Rockets brand was called Double Lollies and Smarties brand had one, too. I think it was called a Smartie Pop. They were an affordable 5 cents each when I was a little kid.

mega-double-lollies-retro-candy-i-wholes

UK, yes and we also certain ice creams lollies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Noisy food is mine.  I despise eating in the cinema anyway.  It is not necessary.   a040.gif

No food, but maybe some boiled sweets.

1 minute ago, jmw said:

No food, but maybe some boiled sweets.

Not if they have rustly wrappers  a045.gif

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rizla said:

:o

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

:D

Worse is when folk try and take the sweets out quietly. It's not gonna happen, just take them out man and get 'em in yer gob! :D

I rarely go to the cinema but have found one that's not all that popular with the masses so it's generally ok.  I went to the one in Cramlington a while back and there were loads of people eating sandwiches and drinking pop. Hahahaha! I haven't been back there since.

I once accompanied the bloke who used to do a lot of film reviews for, I think, Sky.  I ended up sitting along from a family who had taken take-away Indian cuisine in with them … I couldn't believe it! That was yonks ago. That was a special screening of whatever the film was - I've long-since forgotten.

Before I went in to watch BBTL I went to the market to get some cheaper, chocolate-type sweets. Those and my little bottle of rosé went down very quietly.

51 minutes ago, jmw said:

:o

:lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Im not surprised his voice sounds a bit used and worn...he's been hammering it for 50 years!!!!

Don't think anyone is surprised at why, but we're talking about his speaking voice, not his singing voice, which still seems to be in fine form.  

Someone earlier said he's sounded weary for a long time now, I agree.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Don't think anyone is surprised at why, but we're talking about his speaking voice, not his singing voice, which still seems to be in fine form.  

Someone earlier said he's sounded weary for a long time now, I agree.  

To be honest, I always thought that he sounded half-asleep in early interviews. So maybe not that much has changed.  :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kburke said:

To be honest, I always thought that he sounded half-asleep in early interviews. So maybe not that much has changed.  :lol:

I find his voice very soothing.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 2

YES DAISEY I LOVED IT  I,M GOING AGAIN TONIGHT WITH TWO FRIENDS WHO ARE NOT BIG BRUCE FANS  SO IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT THEY BOTH THINK .

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

8 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I think those are Jujyfruits.

.....the white ones are clearly milk bittles :lol:

4 hours ago, jmw said:

And more.

image.thumb.png.0d2c4d2720c4591711ebbc91c65d7a2b.png

iceblocks :wub:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bettertohaveloved said:

:D

Worse is when folk try and take the sweets out quietly. It's not gonna happen, just take them out man and get 'em in yer gob! :D

I rarely go to the cinema but have found one that's not all that popular with the masses so it's generally ok.  I went to the one in Cramlington a while back and there were loads of people eating sandwiches and drinking pop. Hahahaha! I haven't been back there since.

I once accompanied the bloke who used to do a lot of film reviews for, I think, Sky.  I ended up sitting along from a family who had taken take-away Indian cuisine in with them … I couldn't believe it! That was yonks ago. That was a special screening of whatever the film was - I've long-since forgotten.

Before I went in to watch BBTL I went to the market to get some cheaper, chocolate-type sweets. Those and my little bottle of rosé went down very quietly.

i wwnt to see the big snore Jackie movie at the cinima in waikanae, i brought a G&T and they served my jaffas in a little glass bowl so no crinlinkg of lolly wrappers

i have alot of trouble opening packets

....im very noisy 

maybe that's why back in the day they cane in a box ?

10 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Thank you.

Maybe you could explain why ratting someone out is called lagging?

No I can't actually... not sure at all on that one.

I can however say that should you ever come to Australia, the expression 'rooting for' someone or something will get you strange looks and laughs

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

No I can't actually... not sure at all on that one.

I can however say that should you ever come to Australia, the expression 'rooting for' someone or something will get you strange looks and laughs

Yeah. I've been learning a lot of new lingo from Wentworth.

7 hours ago, Kburke said:

To be honest, I always thought that he sounded half-asleep in early interviews.

Ok, i can go with that. But not that he sounds 100yo. 

RE: Bruce's "Old Man" voice, I wonder how much of it (if any) is an affect? It certainly fits the narrative he's delivering & the visuals.

RE: "Lollies", a friend of mine had friends over from the U.K. recently. He told me an amusing anecdote about what happened when his wife offered one of them a "sucker".

I leave you non-U.K. residents to your own devices to learn what that particular bit of slang is in reference to...:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1