Had no interest in SOB, for all the reasons above, so won't rehash them here. Didn't feel disappointed, Bruce owes me nothing. I thought the trailer was great and look forward to the film, without too much chat hopefully, simply because as interesting as it may be, it doesn't bear repeated listening/viewing. I sort of get what some people are saying in that all the talk about depression could possibly lead to too much analysing the work in light of those confessions. He gives a time frame in the trailer when it was first diagnosed, 38/39 years ago? Around 1982/Nebraska period/ Looking back on the themes of Nebraska who would have guessed?! :-)

10 hours ago, Silvia said:

His most meaningful talking is (should I say was?) what he says at the concerts. The intros and the interludes. That's when I think what he says comes straight from somewhere deep down inside his soul, with very little self-censorship.

I watched the Broadway just once when it got aired, I loved it for what it was, but I've never felt the need to watch (or hear) it again. I tried once, and it didn't move at all, so I stopped.
The GOTJ tour, on the other hand, is the tour that keeps affecting me deeply, especially because of what he had said on stage. It was still very personal, but it wasn't so self-centered and preachy. 

Just my thoughts. I'm not trying to criticize the movie, it's just how the trailer made me feel. I love his speaking voice and what he has to say very much. It just that he seems stuck with this re-evaluation of his life for so long now... Quite common for elderly (old?) people, I know. As if there isn't anything in his future he finds appealing. He's 70, I don't think I can fully comprehend this fact. 

he needs grandkiddies

i don't view SOB as a vanity project, just rather as something different

his mom is sick, he's a much better son than i was a daughter and im surmizing baised of my own experience Mrs Springsteen may have been getting worse but still remembered enough for everyone to want to enjoy each other's company while they still could 

i certainly don't begrudge any fan and certainly not local fans who were able through shear perseverance to get Broadway tickets

i really feel after watching SOB on Netflex im missing something that was obviously in abundance in that theatre but i enjoyed it and i found him quite funny but considering how many times ive watching storytellers its a bit of a mystery to me what im missing because saddly im obviously missing something

i think truthfully all those celebs that got free tickets put a stink under my nose - maybe that's industry standard and i just didn't know it but now thanks to social media i do

i understand how tickets to an 800 seat theatre would be at a premium, tickets to see him in a stadium here are a premium and the ticket buying stress almost does me in and then i hear of pretty little girls working in radio back office who get free tickets and don't even know more than one song - that ruined my xmas dinner that year so i really empathize with people's frustrations, i think if we could have had a setlist vision i could have felt a part of the excitement but i too felt shut out 

the American legs of the river tour are the ones i really regret not getting too

those shows were phenomenal and from the onset i never exspected them to be

i think i did every setlist vision and ive got every nuggs download and i understand Euro frustration when he stopped doing the album show, by the time it got to me it wasn't even the river tour, no MMITCT, not even NYCS with strings my Australian neighbours got to enjoy

i am jelouse as hell of flannel shirt guy

im sure Bruce does realise he has die hard fans who can only make one or even a couple of shows a tour but he certainly plays to the casual fan plenty

i wish i could have gone to one of those American shows, that second leg was epic beyound my wildest dreams, but mum was dying of altzimers and it was just the worst timing (no time is good for dying of altzimers/demetia)

where on earth an i going with this ....

well i like the excitment of BBTL because i can feel part of it

people who live at the bottom of the world suffer from FOMO 

i like the idea of a concert movie, im hoping it has a descent release regarding geographic distribution but failing that a really quick release to dvd 

i must say again how much i enjoyed the short movie that was the hunter video

some people thought that was a vanity project but i saw it as a beautiful gift no strings attached

but the music bussiness is a bussiness and bussiness is about making money and returns to shearholders 

i havn't seen the trailer

i really like his music videos, i still watch im on fire regularly and i love the new album and i love the videos

i can only hope i enjoy what ever else the movie entails in the vein of his spoken segments durring the river tour because those had the profound effect on me that some took away from SOB

they keep me awake at night and keep me thinking 

maybe i feel a more direct line from that river tour to the latest album

no matter what he does it seems like he can't please us all but at least this way we all hopefully get to enjoy those beautiful lush orchestral sounds flushed out by New Jersey's finnest classical musicans

face it, he was never going to be bringing an orchestra to a town near 97% of us

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

I have a love/hate relationship with the (appropriately-initialized) SoB project. Watching the video and listening to the soul he poured into that show, I was completely gripped. There were times I cried so much I had to stop watching, times where my chest got tight and I couldn't breathe. It was magnificent and moving.

But on the other hand...I never got to go! New York isn't even that far away for me, and I couldn't go. Because SoB was a RICH MAN'S GAME. Power to you if you had the cash to burn on attending a show or two or three, as well as the time to waste on actually procuring a ticket and scheduling a trip. That or good luck, I suppose. But it was the first time since my traveling fandom began in 2008 that I was utterly and completely shut out of attending. And maybe this sounds petulant but to extend that one step further - Bruce shut me, a young working man trying to lead a life exactly like the folk he writes about in his songs, out, because for the first time in his career he demanded ridiculous rockstar celebrity-worshipping prices.

If it was truly a thank you to the fans, he could have negotiated fairer prices and/or taken the show on the road a bit. What a far cry from "we don't play no private parties." But of course, better he had done the show and created that amazing masterpiece of a performance than not done it at all.

Hero im so sorry you couldn't see SOB

as happy as i was for each and every one of our friends that got to go my heart really breaks for Americans who couldn't go 

ok ive finally watched the trailer and now im positively excitted

all those cactii and western imigry is right up my ally 

ill have to watch it again and see if i can see a french horn or two 

after having watched the trailer 4 times but being frustrated because its too hard to screenshot (i love his western jewlery - that turquoise man bangle is to die for)

"we all have our broken pieces .....nobody gets away unhurt

we're always trying to find somebody who's broken pieces fit with our broken pieces and something whole emerges "

• Love Love Love! 1

attention all you ' hope ' people from the other thread :lol:

"live's mysteries remain and deepen 

its answers unresolved 

so you walk on through the dark 

because that's where the next morning is "

whatever avenue Bruce goes down his mother plays a big part my wifes mother of 91 has dementia,looking after her affects my wife immensely. Bruce does have a right to do what he wants but you aint forced to like it. Im not sure if these latest projects are vanity or just how retrospective you become as you reach a certain age which i can testify to. My love of bruce is the live shows, not albums,not films. I feel this western stars film should have been packaged with the album and i could have watched it once and then put it with all the others i never watch more than once,

• Like 4

@stevie54uk I liked the idea of this latest thing being issued with the album … but this will spin things out. I'm sorry to read about your wife's mam and yes, Bruce's mam's health will certainly be affecting him.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

whatever avenue Bruce goes down his mother plays a big part my wifes mother of 91 has dementia,looking after her affects my wife immensely. Bruce does have a right to do what he wants but you aint forced to like it. Im not sure if these latest projects are vanity or just how retrospective you become as you reach a certain age which i can testify to. My love of bruce is the live shows, not albums,not films. I feel this western stars film should have been packaged with the album and i could have watched it once and then put it with all the others i never watch more than once,

im very sorry about your mum in law

its not fare on anyone

• Like 1

@stevie54uk. Really sorry to read that about your mother in law. I think it's the most horrible disease, especially for the family. It's just so hard to watch your mum disappear before your eyes.

• Sad 1

I am really happy that this is getting a theatrical release. I would have preferred to watch SOB in a live screening, as I much prefer cinema to tv.

I will be disappointed if WS only gets a limited release, although I would very definitely be willing to travel to Birmingham or London if I had to.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whispered secret said:

@stevie54uk. Really sorry to read that about your mother in law. I think it's the most horrible disease, especially for the family. It's just so hard to watch your mum disappear before your eyes.

100% 

• Like 1

For a change, I just listened to Bruce's first two albums instead of Western Stars. It struck me that his singing voice then was just as thin and reedy as his speaking voice in the WS trailer.

Not a matter of age, then.

• Like 2

European premiere at London film festival 11th October.  

"Among the guests on the red carpet in London this year will be Bruce Springsteen, in the city for the European premiere of Western Stars, a performance of his 19th studio album."

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/aug/29/white-men-still-make-decisions-film-industry-bfi-london-film-festival

https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/lff/Online/default.asp?BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::permalink=westernstars

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leo88 said:

"Among the guests on the red carpet in London this year will be Bruce Springsteen, in the city for the European premiere of Western Stars, a performance of his 19th studio album."

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/aug/29/white-men-still-make-decisions-film-industry-bfi-london-film-festival

https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/lff/Online/default.asp?BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::permalink=westernstars

Thanks for that. If it's anything like the Scorsese Dylan doc, tix will sell fast. I wonder if it will get a wider cinematic release and save me a trip into London?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leo88 said:

Hmm, so Bruce will be attending? Hmm ....

;) (consults diary ...)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Hmm, so Bruce will be attending? Hmm ....

;) (consults diary ...)

Diary consulted, can't do it.:huh:

• Sad 1