DaveNJ95

Bruce Springsteen, Steven Spielberg and the cast of ‘West Side Story’ descend on Paterson

35 minutes ago, MadamMarie said:

That would go a long way for me to like a remake of one of my favorite movies of all time. 

Same here.  

Is it also coming back to Broadway soon?  I thought I read that, but maybe I’m confusing it with this? 

1 minute ago, gus said:

Just can't have a picture of Bruce without some criticism.

Nor without you butting your non-relevant opinion in. 

23 hours ago, jmw said:

He has been doing a little painting by the looks of his jeans.

Dirty great big barn to paint. Got to get it done by October. 

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, jmw said:

He has been doing a little painting by the looks of his jeans.

Was going to say the same yesterday, but didn't know if that is the style today or not. 

• Haha 3

On 8/20/2019 at 3:33 PM, BrilliantDisguise said:

If I was that guy I would have one leg wrapped around him and my lips planted firmly on his right cheek. Missed opportunity.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

It is relevant because somebody always has to nit-pick him. Can't they just say he looks great. F######K

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Don't think I'm thrilled with Bruce's overly buoffant hairdo.  Just needs patted down a bit.  Coz what he's got left is sitting a tad too high, could be the wind.  

Brucie has the best forehead though, but it's a close call.

10 minutes ago, gus said:

It is relevant because somebody always has to nit-pick him. Can't they just say he looks great. F######K

I think he looks lovely. Name and shame those who disagree.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gus said:

. Can't they just say he looks great. F######K

Yeah coz everything has to be in the highest of praise.  

No, everyone can't just say he looks great if they don't perceive that.  If you've got a problemo with that, that is your problemo, gussie.  

Kay er Sally you know when you call me Gussie what it does to me.

Looks like he’s ready to tour to me. ;)

• Bruuuuce! 2

On 8/21/2019 at 7:53 PM, gus said:

Just can't have a picture of Bruce without some criticism.

Unjust criticism is usually a disguised compliment Gus, we all love The Boss and his music, we just have different ways of expressing it i reckon.

On 8/21/2019 at 7:57 PM, Pregnant Sally said:

Nor without you butting your non-relevant opinion in. 

His opinion is relevant Kay, he just expresses it in a different way to you, both are fine

5 hours ago, gus said:

Kay er Sally you know when you call me Gussie what it does to me.

Gus, I don't know Kay very well at all, but I have no doubt Kay would not intentionally upset or insult you, the term she used is more likely a term of affection than an insult , of this I'm sure

Maybe Kay has heard about your wonderful generosity and heart of gold, the kindness you have shown to me and my niece over the last 2 horrible years is just beyond words

Sometimes in the internet world things get lost in translation. 

I mean, some people think I'm a daft drunk Geordie clot who only loves Bruce Springsteen music, football and gambling :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Thanks for kind words Roy. And what are your bad character traits?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

You maybe right, wasn't thinking of that. One of the best Fathom Events I ever saw was Pink Floyd at Pompeii!  

I just saw Rush: Cinema Strangiato last night-it was great! Lots of air drumming going on in the theater. :lol:

3 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Unjust criticism is usually a disguised compliment Gus, we all love The Boss and his music, we just have different ways of expressing it i reckon.

His opinion is relevant Kay, he just expresses it in a different way to you, both are fine

Gus, I don't know Kay very well at all, but I have no doubt Kay would not intentionally upset or insult you, the term she used is more likely a term of affection than an insult , of this I'm sure

Maybe Kay has heard about your wonderful generosity and heart of gold, the kindness you have shown to me and my niece over the last 2 horrible years is just beyond words

I mean, some people think I'm a daft drunk Geordie clot who only loves Bruce Springsteen music, football and gambling :rolleyes:

Gus truly does have a heart of gold

the very best of  Canada 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Roy, I think gus likes being called gussie, but ONLY by Kay :wub: I might be wrong though!

• Like 2

i think your right @janeymarywendy

but ill say one think

Bruce Springsteen should be thankful to have such a loyal and kind fan as our dear @gus

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

5 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Roy, I think gus likes being called gussie, but ONLY by Kay :wub: I might be wrong though!

Sort of like when she calls me Jimbo :wub:

• Love Love Love! 1

Back in about 1964 West Side Story was re=released and I would go down to the State Lake Theater in downtown Chicago and I would sit through it 3x in a row (back when theaters opened at 9am on the weekend).  I cannot tellyou how many times I've seen it; the roof top AMERICA is when I fell in love with dance and the music??  Are you kidding??  A couple years back Ben Platt sang, SOMEWHERE on the Grammy Awards and I never get tired of it;  it is still the answer to the question, "what is your all time favorite movie?".    And so who the fuck does Spielberg think he is anyway?????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aramuse said:

And so who the fuck does Spielberg think he is anyway?????

Perhaps he thinks it will introduce an entire new generation to the story? 

Listen, WSS is among my all time most favorites.  I’ve watched it countless times, have seen it on B’way, was even cast as Maria when I was in 5th grade in our elementary school version... 

I can’t see how it could get any better than Natalie Wood and Rita Moreno (whom I understand is not only in, but is also a consultant on the film); but I’m willing to see what he has in mind.  

• Like 3

Perhaps it's time to have a new version of this.

I wonder how this one'll end? ;)