JustDan

He Could Use those Two Tickets to Paradise Now

I'd read earlier that he canceled his North American tour coz he had to undergo heart surgery.  Wonder if he did and they found the other problem.  

13 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I'd read earlier that he canceled his North American tour coz he had to undergo heart surgery.  Wonder if he did and they found the other problem.  

Yes...that's how they found out.

Very sad news.  Really love his first couple of albums.

He popped up n a TV show the other day, playing himself.  Didn't recognise him.

Wishing him well.

Edit.  I saw him in the Kominsky Method (Michael Douglas, Alan Arkin).

34 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Really love his first couple of albums.

Eddie Money through No Control was a pretty damned good run of records. I still listen to all of those.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 6:46 PM, BrilliantDisguise said:

FUCK cancer.  FUCK YOU cancer.  FUCK OFF cancer.

Yes. Yes. And a million times Y-E-S.  

• Like 1

Shit and bollocks and bollocks and shit.

1977 to 1980 was such a great era for music and now another part of it has been snatched.

Love and thoughts with his family.  RIP Eddie.  Thanks for a ton of great stuff.

• Like 1

Hoping hes at least got one ticket to paradise.

As BD said .... It was quite quick. I had known he was having issues. But this was still a bit of a shock.

Nonetheless i guess we have to come to terms....:(

Behold the killing fields that lie before us: Bob Dylan (78 years old); Paul McCartney (77); Paul Simon (77) and Art Garfunkel (77); Carole King (77); Brian Wilson (77); Mick Jagger (76) and Keith Richards (75); Joni Mitchell (75); Jimmy Page (75) and Robert Plant (71); Ray Davies (75); Roger Daltrey (75) and Pete Townshend (74); Roger Waters (75) and David Gilmour (73); Rod Stewart (74); Eric Clapton (74); Debbie Harry (74); Neil Young (73); Van Morrison (73); Bryan Ferry (73); Elton John (72); Don Henley (72); James Taylor (71); Jackson Browne (70); Billy Joel (70); and Bruce Springsteen (69, but turning 70 next month).

https://theweek.com/articles/861750/coming-death-just-about-every-rock-legend

9 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Hoping hes at least got one ticket to paradise.

As BD said .... It was quite quick. I had known he was having issues. But this was still a bit of a shock.

Nonetheless i guess we have to come to terms....:(

Behold the killing fields that lie before us: Bob Dylan (78 years old); Paul McCartney (77); Paul Simon (77) and Art Garfunkel (77); Carole King (77); Brian Wilson (77); Mick Jagger (76) and Keith Richards (75); Joni Mitchell (75); Jimmy Page (75) and Robert Plant (71); Ray Davies (75); Roger Daltrey (75) and Pete Townshend (74); Roger Waters (75) and David Gilmour (73); Rod Stewart (74); Eric Clapton (74); Debbie Harry (74); Neil Young (73); Van Morrison (73); Bryan Ferry (73); Elton John (72); Don Henley (72); James Taylor (71); Jackson Browne (70); Billy Joel (70); and Bruce Springsteen (69, but turning 70 next month).

https://theweek.com/articles/861750/coming-death-just-about-every-rock-legend

We're all going belly-up someday.

Always loved this one for John Belushi from my favorite Eddie Money record.