Marnix

Bruce is recording at this moment

38 minutes ago, Growin' Up said:

Bruce should get rid of this Christian rock yes man, get a proper producer in who'll stand up to him and record an album with all the E Street band in one room.

It's probably going to be the last studio album with the band - do it right.

Give the job to Steve Van Zandt. The guy has more musicality and ideas then anyone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Growin' Up said:

Bruce should get rid of this Christian rock yes man, get a proper producer in who'll stand up to him and record an album with all the E Street band in one room.

It's probably going to be the last studio album with the band - do it right.

Personally I think that the Christian Rock Yes Man has been responsible for the best work he’s put out there in a long, long time.

Keep him present. The Band, including Bruce, have to want to do things a certain way.

At this point in his career there is no one going to stand up to Bruce in terms of “artistic decisions”. 

12 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Yup.

Checking them out: Bruce was later seen at the Rolling Stones' No Filter gig at Pasadena's Rose Bowl, just east of downtown Los Angeles

Christ on a bike!

I tried to change, I got a job in sales
I bought a shirt uptown in Bloomingdales
And babe I tried to make the latest scene
Hitting cool just like Jimmy Iovine

Not sure who's wearing it worse; Bruce, in $3,000 work worn denim (we did that thread already, remember, folks?) or Iovine, who looks to be wearing a Bangladesh-origin $5 plaid shirt from K-mart (tho, I suspect, it, too, actually came at the cost of a small car...)

I'm pretty sure neither cool, nor Bloomingdale, was hit in the acquisition of those threads.

Of course, as always, YMMV

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

At this point in his career there is no one going to stand up to Bruce in terms of “artistic decisions”. 

I would.  Give me 5 mins alone with the man and he'll be burning his seeger banjos on a bonfire of unsold High Hopes records.

Repent Brucie, repent.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

the troubled with Iovine's shirt is its not worn so it has zero credibly 

it looks like its fresh of the rack

you gotta wear flannel in, even my cat knows that 

• Like 1

I think he looks pretty cool there.

Mrs just text me. Stevie on This Morning show. Said he’ll be speaking with Bruce about a 2020 new album and tour later this year. 

• Bruuuuce! 2

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Give the job to Steve Van Zandt. The guy has more musicality and ideas then anyone.

Steve Van Zandt has lost it in my opinion. I think sucess has gone to his head. He's full of shit and himself. I don't see what he brings to the performance of the E street Band anymore. He would be the last of the Estreeters I let anywhere near the ears of the music producer.

2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Pretty much.  Don't think many could in the past either, exceptions of course, but now, no way hose.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Mrs just text me. Stevie on This Morning show. Said he’ll be speaking with Bruce about a 2020 new album and tour later this year. 

Isn't that what Steve usually says? :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

I think he looks pretty cool there.

Just hope Steve isn't talking out of his backside...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBoss said:

Steve Van Zandt has lost it in my opinion. I think sucess has gone to his head. He's full of shit and himself. I don't see what he brings to the performance of the E street Band anymore. He would be the last of the Estreeters I let anywhere near the ears of the music producer.

Maybe a fraction harsh. I do think even at this age Bruce is more forward thinking in his approach than Steve. With Steve at the helm I’d fear a rehash of older sounds and I don’t want that. 

Western Stars showed Bruce can still make things sounds fresh even whilst not reinventing the wheel. He did it with Wrecking Ball too although that was maybe an even bigger sonic departure than WS from the expected Bruce sound.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

you gotta wear flannel in, even my cat knows that 

Looks like a cotton plaid to me, not flannel. 

• Like 1

i do hope there is a e street tour next year its our ruby wedding so would love to go somewhere different, but part of is doubting there will be one. as for Stevie his twitter is about as erratic as Trumps he has become a bit over the top

7 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Looks like a cotton plaid to me, not flannel. 

we don't call it plaid over here

ive never heard one single person here ever say plaid

we would call a pattern like that tardin or check 

7 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

we don't call it plaid over here

ive never heard one single person here ever say plaid

we would call a pattern like that tardin or check 

Ok, well whatever you call it (we call it plaid) the point is, I don’t think the material is flannel.  Looks like cotton to me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Ok, well whatever you call it (we call it plaid) the point is, I don’t think the material is flannel.  Looks like cotton to me. 

well it doesn t really matter what its made of it still looks straight of the rack and not faded or worn in

the important thing is Bruce is recording 

(tracks 2 ) 

Just now, Daisey Jeep said:

the important thing is Bruce is recording 

Agree with that!  

• Bruuuuce! 1

Will be interesting to know what songs are being recorded for a Tracks 2 release. 

Im not sure about 2019 Bruce voice on old out takes. I didn’t think many of those worked on The Promise. My favourite songs on that album were the ones left completely or mainly untampered with, like Racing ‘78 and The Way. 

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Will be interesting to know what songs are being recorded for a Tracks 2 release. 

Im not sure about 2019 Bruce voice on old out takes. I didn’t think many of those worked on The Promise. My favourite songs on that album were the ones left completely or mainly untampered with, like Racing ‘78 and The Way. 

we need a thread 

do we know what were on those two disks that got dropped from the first tracks ?

im not sure if i want my beloved Nebraska outakes on it because i want them on a Nebraska box set and the same could be said for the BITUSA ones

i am very found of its the little things that count 

and id like to see Chevrolet deluxe seen is it got overlooked from the River outtakes 

12 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Most flannel is made of cotton. Just to set the record straight. There is such a thing as wool flannel, but the overwhelming amount is made of cotton. There are numerous fibres made of cotton, all known under other names: chino, chintz, corduroy, twill, crepe, damask, denim, drill, flannel, fleece, gingham, jaquard,  jersey, organdy, plaid, poplin, sateen, seersucker, velour.

It all depends how you treat the cotton fibre what you end up with. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just hope the new recording stands up to the greatness of Western Stars.... There is no need to rush Bruce, quality over quantity please :)

...... Although I'd love tracks two

• Bruuuuce! 1

37 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

Most flannel is made of cotton. Just to set the record straight. There is such a thing as wool flannel, but the overwhelming amount is made of cotton. There are numerous fibres made of cotton, all known under other names: chino, chintz, corduroy, twill, crepe, damask, denim, drill, flannel, fleece, gingham, jaquard,  jersey, organdy, plaid, poplin, sateen, seersucker, velour.

It all depends how you treat the cotton fibre what you end up with. :)

seersucker just sent an unpleasent chill down my spine

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

do we know what were on those two disks that got dropped from the first tracks ?

You Mean So Much To Me.

Probably songs from The Promise, The River box and from Essential Disc 3. It was sometimes said The Promise was more or less Tracks 2  (not too many Darkness era songs on Tracks; they knew allready then they wanted to do something bigger (i.e. Darkness box set)?).

And the never before heard studio version of Pilgrim In The Temple Of Love...

• Like 1