Marnix

Bruce is recording at this moment

So, nobody's mentioning the possibility of the BITUSA box?

Has that rumour withered on the vine?

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Correct. Very reliable sources have said its not an album specific box set like BITUSA but a career spanning set, that is indeed going to be tracks 2. It might not technically be called "Tracks 2" but that is what it will be. Expected by the end of this year. Extensive work has been done on it for years and its in its very final stages. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoSurrender81 said:

Correct. Very reliable sources have said its not an album specific box set like BITUSA but a career spanning set, that is indeed going to be tracks 2. It might not technically be called "Tracks 2" but that is what it will be. Expected by the end of this year. Extensive work has been done on it for years and its in its very final stages. 

With a tour to follow ?...hopefully anyway.

5 hours ago, Promise61 said:

BTR - 2005

Darkness - 2010

River - 2015

A pattern is emerging?

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

There is a very reliable rumor posted on BTX with in the past hour, They dont state a release date but other very reliable sources have been saying its coming before year end. 

"Ok don't shoot but I heard from a friend who knows a friend etc etc

This box set will be a box set of several lost albums from Bruce's career.

That's all I heard. Now, I'm gonna guess that these albums include the 94 Hip Hop record, the Tiger Rose album, the sequel to Devils and Dust, '83 home demos...

As well as an alternate Western Stars, the gospel album, the 2000/2001 ESB studio sessions.

But that's what I've been told. Similar to Tracks in that they're outtakes, but instead of just 64 straight songs, the box will be like 4-6 different albums (with cover art for each one) packaged together.

That's just what I've heard. No idea on release date or anything. I hope my friend isn't messing with me. But he told me about Western Stars (supplied me with the title) about a week before it was announced."

• Bruuuuce! 1

Tiger Rose album? Devils & Dust sequel? Alternate Western Stars?

Just when you think you know everything there is to know - you learn more.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NoSurrender81 said:

There is a very reliable rumor posted on BTX with in the past hour, They dont state a release date but other very reliable sources have been saying its coming before year end. 

That's all I heard. Now, I'm gonna guess that these albums include the 94 Hip Hop record, the Tiger Rose album, the sequel to Devils and Dust, '83 home demos...

As well as an alternate Western Stars, the gospel album, the 2000/2001 ESB studio sessions.

But that's what I've been told. Similar to Tracks in that they're outtakes, but instead of just 64 straight songs, the box will be like 4-6 different albums (with cover art for each one) packaged together.

That's just what I've heard. No idea on release date or anything. I hope my friend isn't messing with me. But he told me about Western Stars (supplied me with the title) about a week before it was announced."

Too good to be true that surely? 

No way are we going to be blessed with all of that.  

Would be perfectly cool if I'm wrong as hell.  

• Like 1

And the early 1987 mysterieus sessions with country musicians?

And Electric Nebraska?

The lost 1994 'electronic-hip hop' album is probably the most interesting.

Is there a Reno Part 2 on the sequel to Devils & Dust?

• Bruuuuce! 1

Interesting concept. Sometimes rumours turn out to be true(ish), so who knows.

Folks in addition to the new reliable information we have.. Here is a photo of Bruce in the studio working today with in the past hour...

Tracks 2 is being worked on!

• Bruuuuce! 1

They might have mulitple studios going working on tracks 2. Same happened with tracks 1...

"We realized that there was no way to meet the deadline of September10 if we just used one studio to remix all of this," Scott says. "Themath just didn't work. And there were scheduling issues to deal withwhen you have more than one mixer. Ed was available from July throughSeptember; Bob was booked almost through August; Thom had time in theend of July and all of August. So we had to have multiple studiosworking and multiple mixers mixing at the same time, if necessary."

"Meanwhile, Clearmountain was doing the same, but with a three-hourtime difference, with his mixes being played back in real time overNS-10s in the living room at Springsteen's recording compound. By then,Scott's wife had delivered and he was back on-site and, along withassistant engineer Ross Petersen (who was also assisting Thacker inStudio A), using the mornings to handle any maintenance tasks that hadcropped up overnight. "It got so you could hear music coming from allover the place," Scott recalls of those bustling dog days of summer."It was an old building, and you could hear everyone's mixes comingthrough the walls around you." It was a beehive-like production linethat was creating what would eventually become 66 songs for Tracks inless than 90 days."

https://www.mixonline.com/recording/fou ... cks-376403

• Like 1

All sounds potentially very exciting, but I just hope if true that it results in a tour next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Isn’t that the Tiger Rose album??

The song Tiger Rose (a Bruce Springsteen original) was recorded in 1995.

• Bruuuuce! 1

4 hours ago, -Sussudio- said:

Tiger Rose album? Devils & Dust sequel? Alternate Western Stars?

Just when you think you know everything there is to know - you learn more.

Or...you don't. You read more and its bullshit. Anyone really think we are in line for an alternate Western Stars already? Is it called Eastern Stars and feature a retired actor who is pretty happy with his lot?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG

i think i fainted and hit my head

purley as an aside could that include Electric Nebraska ? 

2.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

The song Tiger Rose (a Bruce Springsteen original) was recorded in 1995.

im.so excitted im so excitted im so excitted im so excitted 

that's on my regular outake play list and i was only listening to it 2 days ago

As you can find (Almost) EVERYTHING on Brucebase...

Is this the supposed D & D sequel? Judging by the song titles, looks like Bruce was writing his own Slow Train Coming...

So, from Brucebase:

'In June 2006 five songs were registered with the US Copyright Office.
These songs are:

• All God's Children
  • Faithless
  • God Sent You
  • Goin' To California
  • Where You Goin'?

No concrete information is known about these songs, but it is likely they were recorded solo, at Thrill Hill East (Bruce's home studio) sometime between the end of the Devils & Dust tour in November 2005 and the start of rehearsals for the Seeger Sessions tour in March 2006. All five songs remain unreleased.'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

Folks in addition to the new reliable information we have.. Here is a photo of Bruce in the studio working today with in the past hour...

awsome !

thanks so much for posting 

im so happy 

....and 2000-2001 sessions with the E Street Band? From the Brucebase chapter about The Rising:

'Springsteen re-assembled the E Street Band for the Reunion (Tracks) tour. This tour lasted for 16 months, from March 1999 thru June 2000. Although no studio sessions took place during this touring period, there was an expectation that studio work with the E Street Band would follow this tour and a resulting new E Street Band album would emerge in late 1999 or early 2000 – however we now know that no such E Street Band sessions ever took place. In spite of the lack of E Street Band involvement in the studio Springsteen did, in fact, conduct scattered solo sessions at his Thrill Hill East home studio during the September 2000 - January 2001 period. Numerous songs were recorded – but details remain very sketchy. It is suspected that the base recording of only one of the fifteen songs issued on The Rising album emanates from these sessions.

Springsteen finally entered the studio with The E Street Band in March 2001 – their first sessions together since January 1995. The spring 2001 sessions were produced by Springsteen and Chuck Plotkin and recorded by Toby Scott. Several songs (titles unconfirmed) were recorded during this session – but only one “American Skin (41 Shots)” has been released.'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

....and 2000-2001 sessions with the E Street Band? From the Brucebase chapter about The Rising:

'Springsteen re-assembled the E Street Band for the Reunion (Tracks) tour. This tour lasted for 16 months, from March 1999 thru June 2000. Although no studio sessions took place during this touring period, there was an expectation that studio work with the E Street Band would follow this tour and a resulting new E Street Band album would emerge in late 1999 or early 2000 – however we now know that no such E Street Band sessions ever took place. In spite of the lack of E Street Band involvement in the studio Springsteen did, in fact, conduct scattered solo sessions at his Thrill Hill East home studio during the September 2000 - January 2001 period. Numerous songs were recorded – but details remain very sketchy. It is suspected that the base recording of only one of the fifteen songs issued on The Rising album emanates from these sessions.

Springsteen finally entered the studio with The E Street Band in March 2001 – their first sessions together since January 1995. The spring 2001 sessions were produced by Springsteen and Chuck Plotkin and recorded by Toby Scott. Several songs (titles unconfirmed) were recorded during this session – but only one “American Skin (41 Shots)” has been released.'

this is the missing band record between the  reunion tour and the Rising ?

11 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

Well, if he is looking to finish off the mythical '94 hip hop album, El and Killer Mike would be ideal collaborators!

(before anyone jumps on that, I don't actually think that's what this photo means - just that El and Mike were stoked to run into Bruce at the same studio, where they're hopefully also hard at work on their next album too)

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1