Marnix

Bruce is recording at this moment

12 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

Folks in addition to the new reliable information we have.. Here is a photo of Bruce in the studio working today with in the past hour...

Tracks 2 is being worked on!

Possibly the most unflattering Bruce photo that I've yet to see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Reminding me of James Caan in Misery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Reminding me of James Caan in Misery.

Ha ha ha - he does.

Looks pretty old there. God, that’s depressing! 

• Sad 1

He doesn't appear to have dyed his hair on this photo, which personally I think is a good thing. A seventy year old man should have grey hair!

Don't want him carrying on down the Paul McCartney route, just end up looking ridiculous!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Alternate Western Stars: could be the 'live' version we'll hear in the upcoming movie?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrancisC said:

Well, if he is looking to finish off the mythical '94 hip hop album, El and Killer Mike would be ideal collaborators!

(before anyone jumps on that, I don't actually think that's what this photo means - just that El and Mike were stoked to run into Bruce at the same studio, where they're hopefully also hard at work on their next album too)

hello stranger! 

great to see you 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

he's still welcome to knock on my door ;)

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

17675566-0-image-a-18_1566755576360.jpg.211cac5fd50157ec987062adefd47dfb.jpg

This one's not ideal either.

Gesundheit, Bruce.

3 hours ago, mariasbed said:

He doesn't appear to have dyed his hair on this photo, which personally I think is a good thing. A seventy year old man should have grey hair!

Don't want him carrying on down the Paul McCartney route, just end up looking ridiculous!

Two things:

1. I think Bruce should have whatever hair color he feels like. Those kinds of restrictions based on age just feel...Yeah, old to me. Of course I too have preferences when it comes to hair color, but in the end if a person with a certain hair color feels at home and like him-/herself in that it will almost always look good I think, whatever age they are. I find that hair color and hair in general is often really intertwined with a person's personality.
2. I don't think Paul looks ridiculous. I think he feels comfortable keeping his hair color (more or less) the way it was and at least for me that comes through when you see him.

• Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

I can't believe no one saw the hidden message: Bruce is re-recording "Thunder Road".

No. He's doing an electric Dry Lightning re -recording

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

I can't believe no one saw the hidden message: Bruce is re-recording "Thunder Road".

This time with a cinematic combination of lap steel and an orchestra!

A post on Steve Hoffman Forums:

This box set will be a box set of several lost albums from Bruce's career.

That's all I heard. Now, I'm gonna guess that these albums include the 94 Hip Hop record, the Tiger Rose album, the sequel to Devils and Dust, '83 home demos...

As well as an alternate Western Stars, the gospel album, the 2000/2001 ESB studio sessions.

But that's what I've been told. Similar to Tracks in that they're outtakes, but instead of just 64 straight songs, the box will be like 4-6 different albums (with cover art for each one) packaged together.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BITUSA said:

No. He's doing an electric Dry Lightning re -recording

With a 10 minute guitar solo by Tom Morello.

• Like 2

exact quotes from bruce..."Before I go back to my day job, the year will be consumed with a break after our Broadway run and various recording projects I’ve been working on."

"But just walking around and talking to fans on the street and seeing how the record was received was very exciting. It made us look how for we can further that experience for the fans without going out and playing live right now because I’m still working on some other things.” 

Gary Quotes:

The Springsteen folks have decided to put the tracks Gary just recorded with Bruce on a Springsteen Boxed Set which they said they will release around Christmastime this year. , There is apparently so much material, they had to break it up with multiple releases. Thanks again for the heads-up, as they had just told Gary about it."

Debatable on SiriusXM Volume this afternoon. They were discussing the significance of the year 1984 on music with guests. Bob Clearmountain (famous engineer and with Bruce fo a longtime) was part of the panel and as they went to a break, he said he had to get back to work because he was working in something for Bruce.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

I actually said that to a friend when I saw it on insta!  :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stillilllife said:

Two things:

1. I think Bruce should have whatever hair color he feels like. Those kinds of restrictions based on age just feel...Yeah, old to me. Of course I too have preferences when it comes to hair color, but in the end if a person with a certain hair color feels at home and like him-/herself in that it will almost always look good I think, whatever age they are. I find that hair color and hair in general is often really intertwined with a person's personality.
2. I don't think Paul looks ridiculous. I think he feels comfortable keeping his hair color (more or less) the way it was and at least for me that comes through when you see him.

Completely agree here.  There's a deeper psychology behind people's choices and it's not Bruce's problem if others put silly restrictions on age.  

I'm too old to wear converse sneakers, Bruce is too old to wear an earring, etc,.  If he doesn't want grey hair, so what really.  And it's not true that no 70 year old doesn't naturally have grey hair, some men with dark hair never turn grey despite a few whiskers here and there.

In the end it comes down to how we perceive what feels right to us.  All of our choices are intertwined with our personalities, right down to our favorite colors.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

The lighting is not good ^_^

It's horrible, first thing that came to mind.  

5 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Completely agree here.  There's a deeper psychology behind people's choices and it's not Bruce's problem if others put silly restrictions on age.  

I'm too old to wear converse sneakers, Bruce is too old to wear an earring, etc,.  If he doesn't want grey hair, so what really.  And it's not true that no 70 year old doesn't naturally have grey hair, some men with dark hair never turn grey despite a few whiskers here and there.

In the end it comes down to how we perceive what feels right to us.  

You've just made a old man sigh.

Seriously though, society puts the restrictions on people with ageism, admire those who follow their own wants and desires.  

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2

7 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

In the end it comes down to how we perceive what feels right to us.  All of our choices are intertwined with our personalities, right down to our favorite colors.  

Blimey, I'm blue. I'm done for :lol:

• Haha 1