Marnix

Bruce is recording at this moment

Not really.  The album Blue by Joni Mitchell is one of the greatest albums ever made.

You're in the clear.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Is that a good thing or bad thing?  

Great, for me!

5 hours ago, BITUSA said:

A post on Steve Hoffman Forums:

This box set will be a box set of several lost albums from Bruce's career.

That's all I heard. Now, I'm gonna guess that these albums include the 94 Hip Hop record, the Tiger Rose album, the sequel to Devils and Dust, '83 home demos...

As well as an alternate Western Stars, the gospel album, the 2000/2001 ESB studio sessions.

But that's what I've been told. Similar to Tracks in that they're outtakes, but instead of just 64 straight songs, the box will be like 4-6 different albums (with cover art for each one) packaged together.

Good Luck trying to sell this one. 

Hip Hop is not my thing, don't have an idea what Tiger Rose is all about, Devils n Dust not my favorite especially not home demo's. WS's outtakes, come on. 

If this is all true, seems to me like Bruce is 'getting his papers in order', so to speak, and I don't like it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Seriously though, society puts the restrictions on people with ageism, admire those who follow their own wants and desires.  

They will still look silly if it doesn't suit them though.  And that's true at any age.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Good Luck trying to sell this one. 

Hip Hop is not my thing, don't have an idea what Tiger Rose is all about, 

Tiger Rose is rockabilly (rumoured; no one has heard it). Probably some ESB members are on it.

The 1994 album was recorded with members of the 1992-1993 band and is supposed to be "electronic' ('Hip Hop' is likely somewhat misleading). Some songs we probably already know in other versions, like Nothing Man and maybe some songs from The Greatest Hits Sessions like Back In Your Arms; maybe even The Ghost of Tom Joad. (Easy to forget The Ghost of Tom Joad was originally written as a song for the band, an electric song not acoustic).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rizla said:

They will still look silly if it doesn't suit them though.  And that's true at any age.

Wise words Rizla.

57 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Still in the eye of the beholder Rizla.  I think Bruce's bracelets and earrings suit him, for example, but I know others who don't.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Still in the eye of the beholder Rizla.  I think Bruce's bracelets and earrings suit him, for example, but I know others who don't.  

That sort of thing is just a matter of taste, though.  I was thinking more of colours and styles that don't suit your natural colouring, shape or proportions.  Fashion victims who wear what's 'in' regardless of how they look in it.

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

If this is all true, seems to me like Bruce is 'getting his papers in order', so to speak, and I don't like it.

Yep. It seems like he's been doing that for awhile now.

57 minutes ago, Rizla said:

I agree. I fully believe people should do what makes them comfortable, but I find it distracting if it looks too unnatural. For example, I'd rather see a man have thinning hair/bald than wear a bad hair piece. 

I saw pictures of Keith Richards from the current tour, and he's dyed his hair dark again. I thought he looked much better gray.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lampi said:

With a 10 minute guitar solo by Tom Morello.

boo hiss

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

My thoughts, too. His physical appearance is 'off' as well.

Just sayin'.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Rizla said:

That sort of thing is just a matter of taste, though.  I was thinking more of colours and styles that don't suit your natural colouring, shape or proportions.  Fashion victims who wear what's 'in' regardless of how they look in it.

Ah, gotcha.  Agree with that.  Certain body types ought not to wear certain things, yeah.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

My thoughts, too. His physical appearance is 'off' as well.

Just sayin'.

I thought the pic was immediately very unflattering, but it's just a snapshot that took a second, who knows how he briefly posed, the lighting, etc.  

I have pics where I look like a crippled old lady.  

56 minutes ago, misty rain said:

I saw pictures of Keith Richards from the current tour, and he's dyed his hair dark again. I thought he looked much better gray.

I never spell gray or grey right.  Can't get it straight!  

1 hour ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I’ll be gutted the day his earrings go.

He does seem to have aged really quickly and all of a sudden though.

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Chaos said:

I’ll be gutted the day his earrings go.

But he looked good at the film premiere the other week, eh?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

Maybe also because of the health of his mother, which has an impact on his own health too?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Hitting 70 will do that to many people.  Mostly after 60 people defo look their age.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, mariasbed said:

A seventy year old man should have grey hair!

And here I was thinking I hadn't planned ahead for my old age when I'm actually twenty years ahead of schedule.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I hope that never happens to me.

Oh, wait.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, stillilllife said:

17675566-0-image-a-18_1566755576360.jpg.211cac5fd50157ec987062adefd47dfb.jpg

This one's not ideal either.

Gesundheit, Bruce.

i love his man bangles, i like when he lawyers on the jewlery 

also the look in the trailer for the new movie look awsome but i havn't seen a still of them but they are western looking

one does not suddenly stop being who we are because a birthday approaches