Greasy Lake Community

Bruce is recording at this moment

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

Maybe also because of the health of his mother, which has an impact on his own health too?

Maybe. Time passes faster when you’re a fan in a way. You fill the time when they’re not active watching shows from yesterday.

Then you see them and 4 years have evaporated and it’s today. 

• Like 5
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This photo would be a good picture as front sleeve for Electric Nebraska album.

I can't believe no one saw the hidden message: Bruce is re-recording "Thunder Road".

Glad to see someone's filled that dangerous empty pool at the Moonlight Motel....

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Lampi said:

Maybe also because of the health of his mother, which has an impact on his own health too?

it sure gets you down when your mum is lossing the plot like that 

a nurse warned us its just going to get worse

as far as looking ones age

my OH just turned 67, he's been retired for two years

he hasn't been well lately and its been cold so he doesn't have a number 2 hair cut for the first time since the mullet 

he has hardly any grey hair and hardly any wrinkles 

people are always surprised how old he is

getting old is not how it was for our grand parents generation 

i don't look at Bruce and see an older man

i just see Bruce 

• Like 2
On 8/25/2019 at 10:02 AM, BobbyJames said:

Going through the comments the recording is taking place in LA, does not feature E Street and some are speculating it could be tracks 2 - he’s replied with laughs to two comments suggesting this

The comments don't really give that impression, I live in LA too and we haven't any lightning. Bruce also said he'd record a new album with the Band. Plus if it was Tracks 2 he wouldn't be recording, he'd be compiling. Probably laughed because they were so off base, in a knowing way. 

Bruce now looks his age. Quite frankly he's probably just given up with All the Botox, hair transplants and whatever else he's been doing for the last 20 years. Plus his spray tan machine must be broken 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

It's okay to look 70 at 70 right?

Stop age shaming Bruce Springsteen unless you're over 50 and willing to post your pic beside his for comparison.

ive got 2 ....(hang on i gotta work it out)...yip ive got 2 years to go

What is so surprising about Bruce starting to look his age?  I'll be 72 in October, I am grey and plump and I couldn't care less about it. When people say, oh, you don't look your age, I don't take it as a compliment. It's none of my doing. It just happens however your genes dictate. (It was much worse when I was young. When I was 20 I looked 14 and hated that)

I know it might be different for someone who goes up on stage. Keeping up apperances must be a temptation. But when he is up there, I agree, it's Bruce I see and not a man of whatever age.

• Like 7

Well, sure, Bruce cultivating an image isn't anything that should surprise anyone. I do think Ted Nugent would be more impressed with Bruce if he went over the top and posed in some Rhino skin boots and leopard skin pants, maybe a t-shirt made from the fur of a lion.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, ThunderRosalita said:

Plus if it was Tracks 2 he wouldn't be recording, he'd be compiling.

Ah, but he loves to have a little tinker with tracks that were unfinished.

• Bruuuuce! 1
5 hours ago, ThunderRosalita said:

The comments don't really give that impression, I live in LA too and we haven't any lightning. Bruce also said he'd record a new album with the Band. Plus if it was Tracks 2 he wouldn't be recording, he'd be compiling. Probably laughed because they were so off base, in a knowing way. 

No he’d actually commented that it was taking place in LA (the picture he said was taken a while back in NJ) and without the band - then regarding Tracks 2 there’d be a lot of overdubbing required to make the tracks complete/release worthy which would require a lot of recording

• Like 1

The only time I thought Bruce was old was when I saw him for the first time in 1993. 

I was 18, he was...over 40. :P

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

It somewhat kills it when you have to explain it doesn’t it.

Haha, it of course does, sorry to Jerseyfornia.
Guess I'm just That uninterested in bikes that I didn't get that joke. Had it been something that I had been a bit more interested in I would've got it.

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

It somewhat kills it when you have to explain it doesn’t it.

It does, but I figure a page after the joke, it's not gonna matter and I couldn't let stililllife sit around and wonder for years and years.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1