Greasy Lake Community

Bruce is recording at this moment

2 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

No. The joke was that I didn't notice Bruce because I only had eyes for the bikes.

I didn't even notice the bikes.  I thought it was a drum kit. 
<adjusts laptop screen>

• Haha 2
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This photo would be a good picture as front sleeve for Electric Nebraska album.

I can't believe no one saw the hidden message: Bruce is re-recording "Thunder Road".

Glad to see someone's filled that dangerous empty pool at the Moonlight Motel....

Posted Images

9 hours ago, borntorunsean said:

Bruce now looks his age. Quite frankly he's probably just given up with All the Botox, hair transplants and whatever else he's been doing for the last 20 years. Plus his spray tan machine must be broken 

Let me pour you a saucer of milk, Sean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
12 hours ago, berlintramp said:

I know it might be different for someone who goes up on stage. Keeping up apperances must be a temptation. 

For those in the public eye, I imagine it's more than a temptation, it's a necessity.  Especially for women. (Granted, there are a few who don't seem to care that much.)

11 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Reading a KISS book at the moment, and Ted Nugent (I know, I know) had this to say about image.

brunugent20190831_083632.jpg

9 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Well, sure, Bruce cultivating an image isn't anything that should surprise anyone. I do think Ted Nugent would be more impressed with Bruce if he went over the top and posed in some Rhino skin boots and leopard skin pants, maybe a t-shirt made from the fur of a lion.

I like Ted, even though he's crazy. :lol: He seems to be a pretty smart guy, actually. I saw him live once, and he put on a good show.

He's right about KISS being Rock 'n' Roll: :D

27 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I don't even know what his freakin' point is regarding the baseball cap and "abused dungarees."  Whatever the hell that means.  

That it's an image. Just like Kiss make-up. Still there's a difference between them being that Bruce generally is seen as a more "true" artist.

I see a lot of photos of Springsteen out and about dressed the way he's usually pictured on an album cover, but I don't see many photos of Gene Simmons at the Dairy Queen in platform boots and the Demon makeup.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

It sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I'd much prefer a Nebraska/BitUSA box set (done up nicely like the previous few) over a scattered Tracks 2 release.

As much as I'd like to hear some of his cryptic projects from the past, I'd rather save and celebrate those for darker days when he's, uh, "no longer releasing any music," so to speak.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Nicholas said:

It sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I'd much prefer a Nebraska/BitUSA box set (done up nicely like the previous few) over a scattered Tracks 2 release.

As much as I'd like to hear some of his cryptic projects from the past, I'd rather save and celebrate those for darker days when he's, uh, "no longer releasing any music," so to speak.

I hear you on the scattered release, but I'd take new music over re-worked old music every time.  If the boxed set included an electric Nebraska, a pristine copy of Kansas City Night (audio) and a full concert on video, then I might be with you.  

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Mayo said:

and a full concert on video

Well you can be sure (almost) there wiĺl be a video of a complete show. Probably the last show of the tour in Los Angeles, 2 October 1985. Maybe the show before, 30 September 1985.

There was some speculatie on this forum it would be 30 September 1985, because 2 October 1985 Bruce did not choose a member of the audience but his first wife to dance with in Dancing In The Dark; but would that really be a probleem? (And part of it is also in the Born To Run live official video).

• Like 1
On 8/31/2019 at 12:27 PM, misty rain said:

For those in the public eye, I imagine it's more than a temptation, it's a necessity.  Especially for women. (Granted, there are a few who don't seem to care that much.)

I like Ted, even though he's crazy. :lol: He seems to be a pretty smart guy, actually. I saw him live once, and he put on a good show.

He's right about KISS being Rock 'n' Roll: :D

Crazy and IQ totally separate