Early North Jersey

Jim Steinman's Bat Out Of Hell

Recommended Posts

I know there have been threads about this but i couldn't find one to latch onto .....At the City Center in Manhattan only until September 8th ....A Mash Up of The Warriors, Streets of Fire and The Rocky Horror Show this absolutely rocked ..... Set was different last night ...But the two leads were there reprising their roles from London. What a musical treat this was.

 

  • Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Early North Jersey said:

I know there have been threads about this but i couldn't find one to latch onto .....At the City Center in Manhattan only until September 8th ....A Mash Up of The Warriors, Streets of Fire and The Rocky Horror Show this absolutely rocked ..... Set was different last night ...But the two leads were there reprising there roles from London. What a musical treat this was.

 

I saw it in London last year, twice in a day :o .

Very nice. My only complaint in that the music wasn’t played live. But go and see it if you have the chance. Also, the soundtrack is available on CD and it’s pretty good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frank said:

I saw it in London last year, twice in a day :o .

Very nice. My only complaint in that the music wasn’t played live. But go and see it if you have the chance. Also, the soundtrack is available on CD and it’s pretty good.

Pretty sure my music was live and incredible ( 8 musicians listed in the program....3 keyboards !!!! ) ....and Christina Barrington is a dream girl ! Absolutely adorable !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw it in Manchester 2017 and London 2018, as far as I was concerned the music was live.

Very enjoyable show, Andrew & Christina are wonderful and this puts goosebumps on your goosebumps

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I saw it in Manchester 2017 and London 2018, as far as I was concerned the music was live.

Very enjoyable show, Andrew & Christina are wonderful and this puts goosebumps on your goosebumps

 

2 Out Of 3 is probably my 6th favorite song on the album ....But yes .... this was absolute goosebump material ..... The overall level of vocal incredible-ness :D was completely over the top great.

Great Clip also ...Thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I might be able to make it up to New York to see this, but unfortunately I didn't. They had plans to tour it at one point- I hope that happens eventually.

I'm so happy for Jim Steinman that his wish finally came true. Is that a picture of young Jim on Strat's shirt in the Bat vid above? It looks like him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

I know there have been threads about this but i couldn't find one to latch onto .....At the City Center in Manhattan only until September 8th ....A Mash Up of The Warriors, Streets of Fire and The Rocky Horror Show this absolutely rocked ..... Set was different last night ...But the two leads were there reprising there roles from London. What a musical treat this was.

 

This represents everything I find abhorrent about theatre musicals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Flea said:

This represents everything I find abhorrent about theatre musicals.  

Its just a LITTLE over the top isn't it :)

But Steinman has been a guilty pleasure for 40 years ..... so sue me :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Its just a LITTLE over the top isn't it :)

But Steinman has been a guilty pleasure for 40 years ..... so sue me :lol:

To quote Jim, "If you don't go over the top, you'll never see what's on the other side." ;)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I've listened to the soundtrack album more than the Bat Out Of hell album lately.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

 

But Steinman has been a guilty pleasure for 40 years ..... so sue me :lol:

I don't even attach any guilt to it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bat out Of Hell, Tanz der Vampire and Whistle Down The Wind are my most listened to musicals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I think I've listened to the soundtrack album more than the Bat Out Of hell album lately.

I need to get that ....Andrew Polec was unreal as Strat ..... Just great vocals coming from everywhere !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Maybe a little when im listening to Air Supply and Bonnie Tyler :D

Try to think of it as listening to a Jim Steinman production starring Air Supply.

I listen to this...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And there ain't anything wrong and everything right about this Bonnie Tyler song. Max and Roy own this fucking song.

 

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Try to think of it as listening to a Jim Steinman production starring Air Supply.

I listen to this...

 

Wow !!! You got me there .... Never heard this ...And of course i am enjoying it !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Early North Jersey said:

Wow !!! You got me there .... Never heard this ...And of course i am enjoying it !!!!

All these years later, I still can't decide if the music is the original backing track from Meat Loaf's version or a perfect recreation.

How about this one?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

All these years later, I still can't decide if the music is the original backing track from Meat Loaf's version or a perfect recreation.

How about this one?

 

This one i did know about .... But only in the last few years !!! But you are right. They are all Steinman too ....Thats the thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. That's the thing about a song that he both wrote and produced. It's all him, regardless of the vocalist. He used the same core musicians and backing vocals for almost all of his records. I always thought of his collected work sort of like the Alan Parsons Project. Same writer, composer and sound, just varying singers. Meat Loaf did Jim best, but Jim made a lot of lesser artists sound epic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Yeah. That's the thing about a song that he both wrote and produced. It's all him, regardless of the vocalist. He used the same core musicians and backing vocals for almost all of his records. I always thought of his collected work sort of like the Alan Parsons Project. Same writer, composer and sound, just varying singers. Meat Loaf did Jim best, but Jim made a lot of lesser artists sound epic.

Makes sense ....And i had forgotten the Barbra song .....which is actually pretty great !!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice the bartender in the Streisand video? I thought it was cool they reunited for that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Notice the bartender in the Streisand video? I thought it was cool they reunited for that.

John Norman Howard !!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.