I love me some Stevie young and old, have never seen this amazing performance before.  Fuck she rocks.  No one like her.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1

Unique artist for sure.

Pissed at everyone in Fleetwood Mac for the firing of Lindsey.  I always loved Stevie but I think what they did was pretty shitty.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Pissed at everyone in Fleetwood Mac for the firing of Lindsey.  I always loved Stevie but I think what they did was pretty shitty.

What’s the “official” story, personality clash or Lindsey’s health issues? Either way, the band can never be the same without such an integral member.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

What’s the “official” story, personality clash or Lindsey’s health issues? Either way, the band can never be the same without such an integral member.

I don't think there was ever an 'official' reason.  Lindsey claims he has no idea why, Fleetwood Mac said that they wanted to tour and he couldn't for a year, rumor is that Stevie got in a snit and said that Lindsey smirked behind her back during her MusicCares speech.  Another rumor is that Stevie pretty much runs the band now.  What she says goes.  I always loved Stevie and Fleetwood Mac was one of my favorite bands.  But now I'm seeing more of that petulant brat side of her.

1 hour ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I don't think there was ever an 'official' reason.  Lindsey claims he has no idea why, Fleetwood Mac said that they wanted to tour and he couldn't for a year, rumor is that Stevie got in a snit and said that Lindsey smirked behind her back during her MusicCares speech.  Another rumor is that Stevie pretty much runs the band now.  What she says goes.  I always loved Stevie and Fleetwood Mac was one of my favorite bands.  But now I'm seeing more of that petulant brat side of her.

I’m sure they’re all divas with massive egos but they’re very much stronger when they’re all together, Lyndsey’s irreplaceable.

I love FM. I still listen to 'Rumours' incessantly, but sadly, they're way past their due date now. Even if Buckingham were still on board, his vocal octave range has severely deteriorated. Stevie's voice hasn't fared much better. I read in a recent interview that she's forced to sing in a key 2 octaves lower. None of them need the cash flow, but I guess I get why they're still out there playing. It's what they do. At least their playing is still top-notch, particularly as far as the rhythm section goes. Still, sad when a band or artist is up there trying to act/sound like it's 40 years in the past and are struggling. The only act in my lifetime that I know could pull it off have been the Stones, who actually sound better live now than they did 50 years ago, and Macca also, but his voice is starting to quiver more often than not. 

Interesting about her being forced to sing two octaves lower, did not know that but with age I'm not surprised - she'd probably just sound strained if she didn't take that advice.  I thought she sounded OK on the recent RRHoF induction ceremony, not as good as the clip I posted above but that is a tad older.  

That would be the day I would spend a dime on seeing her band after firing one of their key members, how they all sound now and with one of the Finn brothers.  Just doesn't mix.  Would likely bore me to tears their show would.