Greasy Lake Community

The Western Stars video is a masterpiece

Jerm23

57 minutes ago, Rizla said:

This is my favourite by a distance.  Very atmospheric and Bruce is sooooo gorgeous in this (with and without a shirt)  :wub:

its such a great song 

the whole package is great 

i agree 

he does look really hot in that video

if i was Patti I'd make him wear that guitar to bed 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jerm23 said:

I can not stop watching the video for this song. Outside of Brilliant Disguise, IMHO this is his best video ever. The man defines PRESENCE and dignity in every shot of this. His stiff movement, eye contact, and lack of eye contact is precise and the way he lip synchs is perfect. Everything about this video seems so authentic and well executed. Anyone else besides me this impressed with it?  

I have to admit that, as much as I've listened to the album since it came out (and I've listened to WS more than any of his albums since The Rising), I had not yet checked out many of the videos, including Western Stars. Well, I just watched it and I have to agree with you. It's bloody brilliant. I just hope that, when it's all said and done and he's ready to move back on to E Street, that I have a physical copy (i.e., Blu-Ray) of the Western Stars movie that includes all of the music videos as bonus material!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 3

6 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

That’s one of my favorites as well.  Not only do I love the song, but I was at the show from which it was filmed :) 

That's the song that turned me off Bruce and on to Southside. I remember standing on the floor in the Bercy, hanging my head. I can just about take it now but oh boy, I detested it back then. :)

The Human Touch video has always been my eldest's favourite. That's one helluva video/song.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eileen said:

That's the song that turned me off Bruce and on to Southside. I remember standing on the floor in the Bercy, hanging my head. I can just about take it now but oh boy, I detested it back then. :)

The Human Touch video has always been my eldest's favourite. That's one helluva video/song.

Tell me more, E. (Your first paragraph).

29 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Tell me more, E. (Your first paragraph).

I just thought it was so childish and naff - it didn't half annoy me. :D Then I heard Southside's Better Days album and there was no comparison, in my eyes.

Just now, janeymarywendy said:

Was it the words in the song or the movements? Or both! :D

Are you trying to get me into trouble … again? :D

It wasn't the movements, whatever the movements were. Was that when he started pole-dancing with the mic? Then add that to the list. :)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Are you trying to get me into trouble … again? :D

It wasn't the movements, whatever the movements were. Was that when he started pole-dancing with the mic? Then add that to the list. :)

I was thinking of that leg-lifting thing (at least in the video I found earlier that I think our @rosiejaneymary said she was at - maybe she wasn't ^_^). The more I look at it the more bizarre it seems. What was it all about, Alfie?

5 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

I was thinking of that leg-lifting thing (at least in the video I found earlier that I think our @rosiejaneymary said she was at - maybe she wasn't ^_^). The more I look at it the more bizarre it seems. What was it all about, Alfie?

I only managed the video once. I think he got that move from Shane.

2 hours ago, Eileen said:

Bruce looks more like Paul Daniels and my dad every day. :)

Average apart from that.

Can't see any resemblance to Paul Daniels, but if Bruce looks like your dad, have you got a brother;)

3 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

And that swell of music from the Santa Ana winds line...

‘Our American brothers...’ as well as the Santa Ana winds... OMG.  When the music swells, the tears appear.   I think it’s extraordinarily beautiful.  

4 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The way he says “again” after the hell these days there ain’t no more line.

And that as well! 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

If it was the ‘official’ vid, filmed at a show in NJ, yes, that’s it!!  

No idea about the ‘moves.’  All I can tell you is we (Bruce, the band, the audience) had a great time.  

To each his own and all that... personally I adore the song to bits.  Always have.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rosiejaneymary said:

If it was the ‘official’ vid, filmed at a show in NJ, yes, that’s it!!  

No idea about the ‘moves.’  All I can tell you is we (Bruce, the band, the audience) had a great time.  

To each his own and all that... personally I adore the song to bits.  Always have.  

Ah, I was looking at the Uniondale show when I commented, but I did find the one they were "filming" in NJ where he's wearing the white shirt/waistcoat. Not much leg-lifting there, thank the Lord ;)