hammersmith75

Western Stars movie UK premiere 11th October in London

4 minutes ago, Eileen said:

:)  Yes, great bloke. I've known him well since the early 90's.  Mike visited me for a while and sorted out my Bruce tapes … many had no names or dates on them. I'd go off to do my night duty at the hospital and return to see all my stuff had been put in order. :D

He accompanied me to Achnacarry when I scattered my dad's ashes on the banks of Loch Lochy. We listened to Will T Massey there and back - he and that cd will always be held dear.

I should think that Southside and Bruce were also on the playlist - but WTM is the one I remember.

Sorry to stray off topic but wow, I don't think I've ever heard anyone else mention Will T Massey before. That debut CD of his is an essential album.

• Love Love Love! 1

9 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

Sorry to stray off topic but wow, I don't think I've ever heard anyone else mention Will T Massey before. That debut CD of his is an essential album.

I've mentioned him once or twice … and added his music to the Awwww thread. Once or twice. :D

I saw him when he was on before Steve Earle at the Riverside, Toon. He was amazing! I adore the cd.

I've put a couple on the Aww thread in Loose Ends - he does faster ones, too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Promise61 said:

He had that title long before I used it. There's even a FB page with that very title.

There are a few Lakers that know him a lot better than I do. Top bloke.

:)

Ah, sorry, I thought it came from you! I sort of said hallo and a couple of things when I met him at the Garland Jeffreys/James Maddock concert we went to a few years ago. I mentioned Eileen to him.  He probably thought I was weird :lol::lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Ah, sorry, I thought it came from you! I sort of said hallo and a couple of things when I met him at the Garland Jeffreys/James Maddock concert we went to a few years ago. I mentioned Eileen to him.  He probably thought I was weird :lol::lol:

I think Dan French has been calling Mike 'legendary' since Adam was a lad.

'Human Town' … loads of Bruce fans staying in Dan's flat in London during the tour. Unforgettable!

• Like 2

What thread's this again? :D