Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars movie UK premiere 11th October in London

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just met Bruce outside Claridges got a photo and he signed my Born to Run vinyl. Absolutely made up!!! 

Here we go then ... Broadway was never an option for me.  Too far away, too expensive, wasn't able to take time off work, would've had to pay double for everything (I wouldn't have gone on my own

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

But I’ve met my three greatest heroes, Sir Alex, Eric Cantona, and Bruce Springsteen. I can grow old happy and content now :D

Was with you at Claridges today. Didn't realise you were doesthisbusstop. I've read your posts for years. Look after that pristine white signed BTR you now have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Brilliant film, and the live performances of the songs were stunning.

The one that stood out in particular as massively better than the studio version was The Wayfarer. Absolutely superb live. 

Great to hear...it's one of my favourites from the album so now I am very much looking forward to hearing the live version.

• Like 1

Was at Claridges earlier when Bruce came out. Only about 8 of us out there. He took a few photos with people and signed a few things, but when I asked him for a selfie, his response was “No, I’m done!” Gutted.

BUT, he did sign my Tunnel of Love LP, so, every cloud.....

Going straight on my wall. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The one that stood out in particular as massively better than the studio version was The Wayfarer. Absolutely superb live. 

Considering how much I love this tune album wise, so excited.

I love it to death.  Makes me heart swell.  

• Like 2

For some reason I can't get the Lake (or any other website for that matter) on my phone this morning.  The screen is just black, saying something has crashed and to re-load.  But nothing's happening.  Laptop is fine.

So y'all will have to wait for my esteemed report until I get home later ;)

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

They know who you are :P

He literally held the curtain open for me and was like ‘hi how are you doing?’ And I wasn’t even paying attention I just saw a wall ahead of me instead of like the outside bit and was like oh this isn’t the exit?!? Turned to my left and Bruce was right there :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

Also after my little accident I walked out the right door and was waiting in the little entrance bit for my friend who I didn’t know had already gone outside and Sam Fender was stood like right across from me too and we made eye contact but I was too shy to say hi to him :lol:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
52 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

I’m an idiot 

Well that is difficult to argue against... when Clarence did his book release thing at the hard rock in times sq the night before an MSG show I just happened to be in the reserved part of the complex before people arrived ... the door was open so had a look around in case there was a stage for maybe a guest appearance from Bruce which there wasn’t.

People started to arrive as security checked them in. Eventually Clarence and all the celebs arrived... there was a huge pile of people around him no way would have got close stayed a Few minutes there was free food and alcohol... saw Stevie said hello to nils and then just left through the door...and out into the common people section

• Like 3

Had a great time last night. 
good to see Rachel again and meet both wild and innocent  and does this bus stop

Really enjoyed the film which adds to the album experience immensely. 
For me Patti adds greatly to Stones both musically and due to the lyrics. also nice tonality to moonlight motel. 
Those last four tracks together are a great suite of songs. 
Q&A ok but interviewer a little stilted. 
Bruce looking trimmer than when I last saw him on broadway just under a year ago. lets see how long this studio session takes.  I’m hoping rather than believing in next summer for the tour until we know the album is recorded.

1844C6D3-1489-4440-8EF9-9EFEDA84F0D9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1