Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars movie UK premiere 11th October in London

5 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

One thing I will say to the man himself if he or his mentors ever look at this site is that he's stupid, stupid, STUPID (sorry Bruce, I don't mean that nastily :lol:) to not tour this album.

Stunning, stunning film. I'll be back ...

I know, I would LOVE to see this album live.  Imagine.  

• Like 3
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just met Bruce outside Claridges got a photo and he signed my Born to Run vinyl. Absolutely made up!!! 

Here we go then ... Broadway was never an option for me.  Too far away, too expensive, wasn't able to take time off work, would've had to pay double for everything (I wouldn't have gone on my own

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I must say the flow of the film was absolutely perfect. I didn’t know what to expect from the spoken parts / stories in between songs. I thought maybe something like Broadway. But it was nothing of the sort. The speaking intros in between songs were of just the right length, not too long at all. Just right. 

And by the way the instrumental piece of music as the credits played at the end of the film was sublime. In a similar way to the music that closed the Broadway Netflix, different to that but it was beautiful and more evocative. 

Although the guy sweeping the floor looked like he’d collected a fair bit of hair...

40 minutes ago, Eden said:

A question for those who have seen the film, I assume he didn't include the Glen Campbell track.

Its on the Soundtrack album and it was mentioned in the Toronto reviews. I can't think why it wouldn't be included.

• Thanks 1

Lucky enough to get two tickets the day before in a mini drop.

Also got a wristband to red carpet walk on, he signed loads of autographs there.  Bruce was sat a few feet in front of me, his head was bobbing up and down at parts and he seemed to be singing along great to see him enjoying his own music like that.

Managed  to get a couple of really nice autographs including on a baseball cap which also has Clarence signature on looks great. Happy to be back in Bruce mode again

• Like 6
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2
4 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

I'm actually at a loss for words after seeing the film today. I thought I'd be able to come home and write a review easily.  I still might ... but not yet.

One thing I will say to the man himself if he or his mentors ever look at this site is that he's stupid, stupid, STUPID (sorry Bruce, I don't mean that nastily :lol:) to not tour this album.

Stunning, stunning film. I'll be back ...

Can't wait to see it, and yes he is stupid.:o

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Go steady. Those of us in the northern wastelands have to wait another two weeks to see it.

If only there were some way to travel from the north to the south to see it... such as a motorized vehicle

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, AMIW said:

If only there were some way to travel from the north to the south to see it... such as a motorized vehicle

The Border checks at Watford are such a hassle

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Thosisd said:

Where was Bruce sitting? I thought he went backstage! That’s a great place to sit.

Bruce walked up the aisle stairs just before the film started and sat in about row M, I would guess. I was in row V and I was surprised to see him take his seat where he did. 

They left two seats free at the end of an aisle and Bruce just casually sat down there. God knows what the folks sitting next to him must have thought! 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Ok, so now that other people here have seen it, do you agree with me that it deserves seeing in a theatre, with big sound?  

I have no idea when or if it’s coming to Canada in a wider release, but I will be there in a heartbeat.  

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
11 minutes ago, Kburke said:

Ok, so now that other people here have seen it, do you agree with me that it deserves seeing in a theatre, with big sound?  

I have no idea when or if it’s coming to Canada in a wider release, but I will be there in a heartbeat.  

I’ll be seeing it one week from today.  Can’t wait!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2