hammersmith75

Western Stars movie UK premiere 11th October in London

The instruments sounded amazing. There was an echo on the vocals but I guess that is inevitable with 7.1 surround sound? It was a noticeable echo but insignificant given the crystal clear sound of the instruments. 

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Bruce walked up the aisle stairs just before the film started and sat in about row M, I would guess. I was in row V and I was surprised to see him take his seat where he did. 

They left two seats free at the end of an aisle and Bruce just casually sat down there. God knows what the folks sitting next to him must have thought! 

probably weed their pants

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

i don't see anything on flicks nz yet

7 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

That barn ... :wub:

Dunno if I'm more excited to see the barn or hear the album.  

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Kburke said:

I have no idea when or if it’s coming to Canada in a wider release, but I will be there in a heartbeat.  

No idea either but when you know can you lemme know?  Although I thought it was coming on the 25th.  

That's what google said.

Oh and I see rosie's "British daughter" has scored once again.  Woot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jmw said:
3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Go steady. Those of us in the northern wastelands have to wait another two weeks to see it.

And in the county of Kent.

And in the kingdom of Wessex :(

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I live vicariously through her... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pregnant Sally said:

No idea either but when you know can you lemme know?  Although I thought it was coming on the 25th.  

That's what google said.

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I live vicariously through her... 

Wait...what did she score?  What did I miss?

9 hours ago, Kburke said:

Ok, so now that other people here have seen it, do you agree with me that it deserves seeing in a theatre, with big sound?  

I have no idea when or if it’s coming to Canada in a wider release, but I will be there in a heartbeat.  

Yes, I agree (and if you mean "live" I agree even more). And yes, I'd see the film again - hoping it gets released on a DVD or Netflix or the like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Yes, I agree (and if you mean "live" I agree even more). And yes, I'd see the film again - hoping it gets released on a DVD or Netflix or the like.

I was thinking that I’d rather see the movie in a theatre than on my home TV on a DVD, but I guess I can go downstairs where we have a bigger screen.  

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

14 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Go steady. Those of us in the northern wastelands have to wait another two weeks to see it.

Its looking like I have to hold thumbs for a DVD or Blu ray release... Nothing showing on the movie cinema sites here.

• Sad 3

48 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

Its looking like I have to hold thumbs for a DVD or Blu ray release... Nothing showing on the movie cinema sites here.

Good luck with the wait, Some of us (not me) still waiting for the blu ray release from sob,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TupacThePuma said:

Good luck with the wait, Some of us (not me) still waiting for the blu ray release from sob,

I hear you on SOB being an odd one, but Backstreets posted the details/guidelines for the Q&A in London and it specifically makes mention of  a DVD so I am optimistic...

SOB was released via Netflix, I suppose, whereas the WS movie has so far had a limited release in some theaters.

Q&A Pic.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Three more things just came to me ...

I saw the legendary Mike Saunders outside the cinema taking photos.

I'm scared of playing the album today as it might sound a bit 'flat' after hearing what I heard yesterday :lol:

mr jmw turned to me at the end of the credits and said, 'That was brilliant, wasn't it?' High praise indeed.

• Like 6
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

49 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Here we go then ...

Broadway was never an option for me.  Too far away, too expensive, wasn't able to take time off work, would've had to pay double for everything (I wouldn't have gone on my own!).  If I could have overcome all of those obstacles the story would've been different (or if Bruce had toured with it).  Anyway, no regrets, as it was great to live it through the eyes and ears of our friends who DID go.

So at the moment, Western Stars will be my 'Broadway' :) even though it's through a screen. I don't cry much or easily, but from the opening scene of the horses (am I spoiling this for those who haven't seen it?) I got quite choked (as I said on another thread, Bruce must have watched the film The Misfits).  Then, into Hitch Hikin' ... the sound is incredible.  The barn, the lights, Bruce's little monologues, the ORCHESTRA!! Charlie!! Feels like you're right there with the 30 or so invited guests.  Pictures of Bruce from way back (another choked up moment to think how far he's travelled, how his looks have changed, yet remain). I agree with whoever (was it @Kburke?) said The Wayfarer was a stand out.  It's one of my less favourite songs on the album, but she's right!

Patti is gorgeous, as usual.  She brings a whole lot to Stones.  Close ups of her and Bruce are lovely.  Close ups of Bruce on his own are lovely! Brave to have the camera up so close!

I won't say too much more about the film because there are so many of you still to see it.  But the music is epic, the landscapes are too, and Bruce says some very touching things. Watch out for the hand on the steering wheel at the end.

@Eileen, hankies at the ready! Take a cardi too, all of you, for the goosebumps moments.  I had plenty.

Thanks, Bruce. It's a winner.

Oh my I cry at everything happy and sad so I will probably be dehydrated by the end!! I absolutely adore this album anyway and love the desert and I have really high expectations of this film. Roll on the 28th :)

• Like 5

14 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Wait...what did she score?  What did I miss?

Her experience is somewhere in this thread... I hope I retell it correctly! 

Basically after the Q and A, she followed the crowd, accidentally wandered into a room, (through a black curtain, which security opened for her) thinking it was an exit.

Lots of celebs inside, including our man... like inches away from her.  

She left immediately knowing she wasn’t supposed to be in there, but... there he was, if only for a few minutes! 

Also she sat a few rows in front of him during the film.  

She got to bask in major Bruceness :) 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Three more things just came to me ...

I saw the legendary Mike Saunders outside the cinema taking photos.

I'm scared of playing the album today as it might sound a bit 'flat' after hearing what I heard yesterday :lol:

mr jmw turned to me at the end of the credits and said, 'That was brilliant, wasn't it?' High praise indeed.

I think you’ve captured it really well - it’s tricky without giving anything away. A wonderful experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Here we go then ...

Broadway was never an option for me.  Too far away, too expensive, wasn't able to take time off work, would've had to pay double for everything (I wouldn't have gone on my own!).  If I could have overcome all of those obstacles the story would've been different (or if Bruce had toured with it).  Anyway, no regrets, as it was great to live it through the eyes and ears of our friends who DID go.

So at the moment, Western Stars will be my 'Broadway' :) even though it's through a screen. I don't cry much or easily, but from the opening scene of the horses (am I spoiling this for those who haven't seen it?) I got quite choked (as I said on another thread, Bruce must have watched the film The Misfits).  Then, into Hitch Hikin' ... the sound is incredible.  The barn, the lights, Bruce's little monologues, the ORCHESTRA!! Charlie!! Feels like you're right there with the 30 or so invited guests.  Pictures of Bruce from way back (another choked up moment to think how far he's travelled, how his looks have changed, yet remain). I agree with whoever (was it @Kburke?) said The Wayfarer was a stand out.  It's one of my less favourite songs on the album, but she's right!

Patti is gorgeous, as usual.  She brings a whole lot to Stones.  Close ups of her and Bruce are lovely.  Close ups of Bruce on his own are lovely! Brave to have the camera up so close!

I won't say too much more about the film because there are so many of you still to see it.  But the music is epic, the landscapes are too, and Bruce says some very touching things. Watch out for the hand on the steering wheel at the end.

@Eileen, hankies at the ready! Take a cardi too, all of you, for the goosebumps moments.  I had plenty.

Thanks, Bruce. It's a winner.

Wayfarer, was the song I liked the least but it has grown on me, roll on the 28th.

1 hour ago, red headed woman said:

Oh my I cry at everything happy and sad so I will probably be dehydrated by the end!! I absolutely adore this album anyway and love the desert and I have really high expectations of this film. Roll on the 28th :)

I am with the same.

• Like 1

@janeymarywendy - I couldn't read all your post as I don't want to know much about it … but I saw the last bit so I'll keep an eye out.

I'm so happy you both thought it was so good - can't wait!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

. I agree with whoever (was it @Kburke?) said The Wayfarer was a stand out.  It's one of my less favourite songs on the album, but she's right!

Thanks for the credit but it wasn’t me.  :D

• Like 1