Greasy Lake Community

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Netflix, 10.11.19)

3 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

But we don't know if Cranston will make an appearance from the dead, I'd like to see him but he is deceased so there's that.

But, we really don't know if he's dead? Just in case others haven't seen BB yet.

Spoiler

We last seen him lying dying, but maybe the police/medic's made it there before dying?

I’m going to have to trust Vince because this idea scares me. It will be easy to fuck up and difficult to do well. If anyone can it’s him. 

I’m just as happy with Jesse drives off in Todd’s car with Lydia’s money in the trunk and we can write our own adventure from there. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, PrettyRedRose said:

I’m going to have to trust Vince because this idea scares me. It will be easy to fuck up and difficult to do well. If anyone can it’s him. 

I’m just as happy with Jesse drives off in Todd’s car with Lydia’s money in the trunk and we can write our own adventure from there. 

Agreed.  Leave it alone.

3 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

If Cranston is in it at all, it will probably be via flashbacks. I’m in the Let It Be camp, but will not be able to help myself but to watch. 

They've got him in custody in Illinois.

AAH5Rql.img?h=504&w=896&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/mans-mugshot-goes-viral-due-to-breaking-bad-resemblance/ar-AAH64uO

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm very ambivalent about this movie, so far; I don't care for the premise much at all, and I thought the finale of Breaking Bad was very weak (scorching hot take, I know). At the same time, most of Breaking Bad was nevertheless very good -- and if you told me the premise for Better Call Saul, I'd probably expect it to be iffy, yet it's fantastic (better than BrBa I'd say.)

Still, the one thing about "Felina" I did rather enjoy was the ambiguity of Jesse's arc -- the idea that we don't know where he's driving, but we know it's somewhere different and, therefore, compared to what he's been to, somewhere better, and that knowledge is enough. That was the one thing I thought "Felina" did fairly well. So, not sure how this'll affect that in hindsight.

At the same time, a part of me is still kind of excited, in spite of myself.

Haven't watched the trailer yet but a Canadian band called Reuben In The Dark provide the song that is apparently being played during.

I've caught them live and always like a song from them I hear on the radio.  They're not very well known so dunno how they were picked for music but good for them.  

• 2 weeks later...

I am so bloody pumped for tomorrow, even if I don't end up catching it tomorrow night - have caught some press with Jesse and Walt over the last couple of days and they are just the sweetest couple heterosexually speaking.  A Canoodian in Toronto interviewed "Jesse" recently and said that he's the nicest, joyful and exuberant celeb she's ever interviewed.  They talked about how he can't seem to break into film though, has the perfect acting sensibilities for TV.

This movie will obviously be the exception.  

Just got done watching it and I liked it.  But I did have some issues:

Spoiler

Why didn't Jesse just kill Todd out in the desert when he had the chance?  No one would have found the body and Jesse could have split and gone anywhere to never be found again.

Jesse Plemons as Todd, why didn't he lose the weight to get back to BB-sized Todd?  That's what he looked like in the movie The Post.  Maybe the movie coming together  happened so fast that he didn't have the time to lose the weight, but that just didn't look right.