burghfan

The official 2019 NFL thread

At the time of the trade it looked like the Steelers could/should have tried to get more in return for AB.  Now it looks like they made out rather well in the trade.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, burghfan said:

Bears/Packers start the season tonight.

Finally REAL football season is here.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Finally REAL football season is here.

Yep, none of that jogging with a ball stuff in this thread.

• Haha 1

I've seen more scoring in a premier league match then this game.

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I've seen more scoring in a premier league match then this game.

Even some rounders games contain more scoring than this game

Good to have it back. No reason to leave the house on Sunday’s now. 

• Bruuuuce! 1

With the NFL back, I could if I wanted to not leave the house all day. 

1. Premier League match's start at 8:00am most Sundays second match at 10:30 am. 

2. Right into the NFL at 12:00 first game

3. Second game at 3:30

4. Maybe go out for dinner/or fix it at home, than Sunday Night Football game at 7:30. 

Life has just got better.  

• Bruuuuce! 1

On 9/5/2019 at 6:07 PM, burghfan said:

At the time of the trade it looked like the Steelers could/should have tried to get more in return for AB.  Now it looks like they made out rather well in the trade.

It may not have been the worst trade the Raiders have ever made but it has to rank near the top.

And here is hoping that there is a long game in this.  AB has had an ego for years that has got worse over time.  It was kept in house, mostly, for a long time.  Things started to go downhill so they traded him to the Raiders.  He was a model citizen for the Raiders during off season workouts & mini-camp, was pretty much a no show during training camp and preseason, then things got so bad they voided his contract.  Once he became a free agent he signed with New England.  Here is to hoping the long game was to get him to New England all along but the Steelers brass knew they couldn't trade him there because the fan base would lose it.  Then once he does get to New England he is a model citizen until after the trade deadline then loses it.  At that point it is too late for New England to make a trade, there are no players close to his talent on a practice squad or on the street waiting to be signed, so the Steelers and AB have screwed up New England's season giving themselves a better shot at a 7th Super Bowl.

24 minutes ago, burghfan said:

It may not have been the worst trade the Raiders have ever made but it has to rank near the top.

And here is hoping that there is a long game in this.  AB has had an ego for years that has got worse over time.  It was kept in house, mostly, for a long time.  Things started to go downhill so they traded him to the Raiders.  He was a model citizen for the Raiders during off season workouts & mini-camp, was pretty much a no show during training camp and preseason, then things got so bad they voided his contract.  Once he became a free agent he signed with New England.  Here is to hoping the long game was to get him to New England all along but the Steelers brass knew they couldn't trade him there because the fan base would lose it.  Then once he does get to New England he is a model citizen until after the trade deadline then loses it.  At that point it is too late for New England to make a trade, there are no players close to his talent on a practice squad or on the street waiting to be signed, so the Steelers and AB have screwed up New England's season giving themselves a better shot at a 7th Super Bowl.

This stinks to high heaven, absolutely rotten.

The Raiders have certainly been played, it could be Pittsburgh have played the Pats by landing them with the ultimate loose cannon.

Or have Kraft/Belichick/NE been manipulating this from the get go?

I think NE have only given him a one year deal (have they?) so maybe they have just been opportunistic.

I'm not sure I buy that though. 

58 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

This stinks to high heaven, absolutely rotten.

The Raiders have certainly been played, it could be Pittsburgh have played the Pats by landing them with the ultimate loose cannon.

Or have Kraft/Belichick/NE been manipulating this from the get go?

I think NE have only given him a one year deal (have they?) so maybe they have just been opportunistic.

I'm not sure I buy that though. 

I saw that the deal was for 1 year and up to $15 million.  I think it was $9 million at signing and up to 15 with incentives.  My guess is that since the Raiders voided all of his guaranteed $$ that he will be a model teammate until he can't lose the $9 million signing bonus.  After that is when the crazy comes out.

• Like 1

The Patriots have done this with several problem players before, Randy Moss, the running back Bryant and so on. So I won't be surprised if Brown has an all-star year and the Pats benefit from it.

The Cleveland Browns last had a winning record when they were 7-6 in 2014. They lost to drop to 7-7 Dec 14th. So it has been 1730 days, and counting, since they have had a winning record.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

The atlanta falcons are off to a great season.

Since there was no real football watched

Them it was painful

38 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Since there was no real football watched

Them it was painful

Yep glad to see it, only because we see them in Indy in a couple weeks. 

And if our 100yo kicker could make a extra point and a 30 yard FG. We would be right in this game.

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Serious question, does beer taste better on NFL Sundays?

No

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2019 at 5:42 PM, Jimmy James said:

Serious question, does beer taste better on NFL Sundays?

In MetLife Stadium..... absolutely no!

Great week to be a Ravens fan! Set a franchise in the first game and every other team in AFC north lost!

NFL network no longer on my cable system apparently they pulled it April but only notified people on their paper bill....

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

NFL network no longer on my cable system apparently they pulled it April but only notified people on their paper bill....

Same here. No MLB either. As long as NBC Sports is up and running I'm ok.

Apparently att may also pull espn, sec and some other Disney owned networks any day too...