burghfan

The official 2019 NFL thread

Not sure how Earl Thomas stayed in the game after the hit on Mason Rudolph.  I didn't see the play live, was just getting home after going to Martinsville with @VABOSSFAN last night, only got to see a replay on ESPN, but it looked like one of the main points of contact was Thomas hitting Rudolph in the chin with his helmet.

"Richard Sherman is so smart.  He went to Stanford.  Blah, blah, blah"...............He's so smart he doesn't know that he can lie about something that will obviously have plenty of video evidence of his lying...........What an asshat he is.  

The Steelers pulled out a much needed win on the road tonight on Sunday Night Football with a 3rd string QB.  Not sure you can call it a road win since it looked like there were more Steeler fans than Charger fans in the crowd.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Boy, why do I enjoy watching the Chiefs lose.:lol:

For me, that's like watching the Cowboy's lose to the mighty Jets!  Took the sting out of the Eagles lose.

Saw a tweety thing that said that the falcons would give away turkeys at their next home game because both are dead long before thanksgiving:D

Watched the Packers and Chiefs last night: Chiefs didn't have an answer for Jones coming out of the backfield. 150+ yards passing and 2 touchdowns. A linebacker in coverage isn't going to do it. 

Have I ever said I love watching the Chiefs lose before? ;)

20 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Where the hell is JB, the 9ers are 8-0. Who would have guess?

Him not being here might be like a no-hitter, everybody knows but nobody says anything about it to jinx it.

Or he might be doing the same things, wearing the same clothes, etc he wore at the start of the season.  Since he hasn't been around in a while he may be around until the lose.

But I think I saw him post that work/life had him super busy lately.

1 hour ago, burghfan said:

I will guess that @Jimmy James isn't as happy with the outcome of the Pitt/Indy game as I am.

We need a younger better kicker! The time is now. Love what he's done for the club, but it's time.

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

We need a younger better kicker! The time is now. Love what he's done for the club, but it's time.

True, but who is out there on the scrap heap of available kickers that is available now that you can trust to nail the make-able kicks?

16 minutes ago, burghfan said:

True, but who is out there on the scrap heap of available kickers that is available now that you can trust to nail the make-able kicks?

The thing is we can't count on him either.

the Black cat at the swamplands was the best bit of yankeeball this year

The Steelers beat the Rams and are back above 500 at 5-4.  The 4 losses are against teams that are a combined 30-5.

Hear that Bengal growlin' mean and angry
Here he comes a prowlin' lean and hungry
An offensive brute
Run, pass or boot
And defensively he's rough, tough
Cincinnati Bengals
That's the team we're going to cheer to victory
Touchdown Bengals get some points upon that board
And win a game for Cincinnati