burghfan

The official 2019 NFL thread

On 11/10/2019 at 8:49 PM, burghfan said:

The Steelers beat the Rams and are back above 500 at 5-4.  The 4 losses are against teams that are a combined 30-5.

And their next 6 games are against the Browns, Bengals, Browns again, Cardinals, Bills and Jets.  If they don't go into their season finale against the Ravens with at worst 9 wins, even with playing the backup QB, that would be embarrassing.

One problem is, losing to a winless Bengals team would be right up the Steelers alley during the Tomlin era.

Lamar's the shit! Go Dirty Birds!

74494670_10219952286940278_7843994056534

If that Browns player is not kicked out of Football, than the league has no power! Oh wait maybe he will get his own NFL sponsored training try out and invite all the NFL owners. 

Has anyone seen the movie The Last Boy Scout? It's going to come to this. 

The NFL had to act swiftly in its punishment of Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett, after one of the ugliest moments in NFL history.

On Friday, NFL spokesman Michael Signora tweeted the league’s decision: Garrett has been suspended indefinitely, and at minimum for the remainder of the 2019 season, including the playoffs.

In addition, Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey has been suspended for three games, and Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi has been suspended for one game.

The players are suspended without pay.

Each franchise has been fined $250,000.

• Love Love Love! 1

4 hours ago, DarknessandHope said:

The NFL had to act swiftly in its punishment of Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett, after one of the ugliest moments in NFL history.

On Friday, NFL spokesman Michael Signora tweeted the league’s decision: Garrett has been suspended indefinitely, and at minimum for the remainder of the 2019 season, including the playoffs.

In addition, Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey has been suspended for three games, and Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi has been suspended for one game.

The players are suspended without pay.

Each franchise has been fined $250,000.

Randall should be suspended also for his cheap shot.

Randall knocks out Johnson

The Browns are turning into the Bengals with all the cheap stuff.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wasted in the heat said:

Ummm.  Excuse me.  THESE are the Dirty Birds.  Find your own nickname.

IAaKMJm.gif

PPFFFTT! 

6 hours ago, DarknessandHope said:

On Friday, NFL spokesman Michael Signora tweeted the league’s decision: Garrett has been suspended indefinitely

I

Suspended indefinitely?.... He should be BANNED FOR LIFE. The Steelers should actually file an assault charge. That hit on the head could've been lethal. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Suspended indefinitely?.... He should be BANNED FOR LIFE. The Steelers should actually file an assault charge. That hit on the head could've been lethal. 

If it was favored princess Tommy Brady, he would be gone.  But for Mason Rudolph, doubtful.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gsquare said:

If it was favored princess Tommy Brady, he would be gone.  But for Mason Rudolph, doubtful.

There were a couple of plays were Rudolph wasn't sacked but got hit after he threw the pass, at least one of them there was a hit to the helmet and nothing was called.  Pretty sure the same hit to Tommy Boy would have resulted in a roughing the passer penalty.  The refs need to be consistent in their calls, but that won't happen.

Also, I think Morgan Burnett should be expecting a fine.  He was one of the 2 defenders that hit Juju when he got the concussion.  Burnett did nothing last year when he was with the Steelers, he was playing like a Pro Bowl player against them until he got hurt.

It will be interesting to see who gets fined, and how much.  Several players from both teams left the bench which I think is an automatic fine.  I don't know if they will be or if that is what the $250,000 for each team covers.  I saw that several of the Steelers players went on the field out of concern for their QB who was just hit in the head, and others went out to drag others away from everything.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/16/colin-kaepernick-moves-workout-after-dispute-with-nfl/

More drama!

Colin Kaepernick will NOT have his NFL workout at the Atlanta Falcons facility at 12 PM PT as planned ... but it will go down at a separate location.

According to Colin's reps, the NFL refused to allow media to observe the workout, which didn't jive with Kap.

Also, Kap's team claims the NFL wanted him to sign an "unusual liability waiver" which "rejected the standard liability waiver from physical injury proposed by Mr. Kaepernick's representatives."

"Based on prior conduct by the NFL league office, Mr. Kaepernick simply asks for a transparent and open process."

As a result, Kaepernick is moving the workout to a nearby high school and it will be open to the media.

"Mr. Kaepernick looks forward to seeing the representatives from the clubs today."

We're told Kap has a team of WRs to work with and plans on going through with the workout at 1 PM PT.

2:00 PM PT -- The NFL just released a statement saying that Colin actually MISSED his scheduled workout, which seems to imply that whatever he's doing right now is NOT NFL sponsored.

The league goes on to say that despite its best efforts to cooperate with him and his team's ever-changing requests ... he pulled out last minute and is now going rogue on the plan. Just a few things they say they agreed to -- letting Colin bring his own receivers for his drills; allowing Coach Hue Jackson run drills for him; allowing Nike to shoot an ad featuring Colin as well as mentioning the 25 teams represented there.

Not saying that Kap isn't better than some of the starters and a lot of the backup QBs in the NFL now, but going with the guess that most teams would sign him to be a backup if they did sign him they aren't going to want a backup with that much drama.  They may put up with it from a Pro Bowl caliber starter but they want there backups to be out of sight out of mind until they are needed.  I don't see this helping him get a NFL job.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, burghfan said:

Not saying that Kap isn't better than some of the starters and a lot of the backup QBs in the NFL now, but going with the guess that most teams would sign him to be a backup if they did sign him they aren't going to want a backup with that much drama.  They may put up with it from a Pro Bowl caliber starter but they want there backups to be out of sight out of mind until they are needed.  I don't see this helping him get a NFL job.

So, when this whole kneeling thing started, do you remember when Kap's girlfriend compared the NFL owners to slaveowners?

If you want to get an indication of where Kap is with moving on, he wore a "Kunta Kinte" t-shirt to the workouts.   Now, what team wants to bring that kind of drama into the locker room with them?

@JustDan, watched your Birds today. That is a complete both sides of the ball scary team. It should be a bit of a disappointment not to be in the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

Boy, my club will need to win out again to get into the playoff's as last year. Three plays changed the whole outcome from last nights game. 

On 11/22/2019 at 12:15 PM, Jimmy James said:

Boy, my club will need to win out again to get into the playoff's as last year. Three plays changed the whole outcome from last nights game. 

What's a "playoff"?

A00Y_1_201605031646093665.jpg

I,m told one of the yankeeball players left the game before the end to take selfies with fans.... and he was the quarterback

if this were real football it would belong in the things that are wrong thread

31 minutes ago, AMIW said:

I,m told one of the yankeeball players left the game before the end to take selfies with fans.... and he was the quarterback

if this were real football it would belong in the things that are wrong thread

If this were "futbol" - he wouldn't have to be on the field to run out the clock, the clock would just keep going while he's taking selfies...............Then, the ref would blow the whistle at some random time and the game would be over.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bbb said:

If this were "futbol" - he wouldn't have to be on the field to run out the clock, the clock would just keep going while he's taking selfies...............Then, the ref would blow the whistle at some random time and the game would be over.  

soccer-dive-gifs.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bbb said:

Well, I mean look....to their credit, at least they 'foot'ball using their feet as their primary tool. 

18 minutes ago, JustDan said:

Well, I mean look....to their credit, at least they 'foot'ball using their feet as their primary tool. 

webquest-soccer-red-card.jpg

Whoos bad?!

78457320_10156894363001229_5169211209110

• Like 1